Cornell C/O 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS acceptance shocked but grateful!! I will be declining the offer if my in-state school accepts me due to the tuition. Good luck to all

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
OOS (1st-time applicant): Rejection.
Congrats to everyone that received acceptances!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone!! Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions about the program/Ithaca/help deciding between schools let me know!
I'll be a third year when y'all start.
I will not answer stats related questions 😁

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have read statistics showing a percentage of students receive recruitment scholarships (even though they are often small). Does anyone know when that happens or if it would be with the acceptance letter ? Not assuming I’d get one, just wondering!

Reactions: 1 user
I have read statistics showing a percentage of students receive recruitment scholarships (even though they are often small). Does anyone know when that happens or if it would be with the acceptance letter ? Not assuming I’d get one, just wondering!
The majority of admissions scholarships are need-based. They've done quite a bit to build up the scholarship funds recently.

The majority of admissions scholarships are need-based. They've done quite a bit to build up the scholarship funds recently.
Also you probably won't know that info until aid info comes out in march/April

Reactions: 2 users
I’m waiting to hear back from my in state school…kind of stressed because it’s Cornell but if I get in that in state tuition is really something to consider :/

I’m on the same boat. it will be hard to turn down Cornell but I think it will be even harder to live with the OOS tuition loans :/ I’m doing as much research as I can about it to make the best decision. good luck, pm if you need someone to talk to about it!

How many accepted students are going to the information sessions?

Reactions: 3 users
I am as well! Does anyone know which dates are correct, though? The decision letter only lists Fridays (ex. Feb 17), whereas the questionnaire only lists Thursdays (ex. Feb 16). I'm inclined to think it's Friday since the housing option was Thursday and Friday night, but I'm not sure...

I am as well! Does anyone know which dates are correct, though? The decision letter only lists Fridays (ex. Feb 17), whereas the questionnaire only lists Thursdays (ex. Feb 16). I'm inclined to think it's Friday since the housing option was Thursday and Friday night, but I'm not sure...
I actually emailed the admissions woman about this! I will post once I get a response

I’m going to the one on Feb 10, and then I double checked the tracking page and it said Feb 9 so I was confused, but the admissions people confirmed it was still that’s Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m going February 10th!

I can’t make it to the info sessions unfortunately :( Would someone who’s going post on here after your experience for us OOSers

I’m going on the 17th as well! I can post my experience for anyone who can’t go. I have lots of questions to ask but if anyone that can’t attend has any the would like me to ask I can as well!

Reactions: 3 users
I’m going on the 17th as well! I can post my experience for anyone who can’t go. I have lots of questions to ask but if anyone that can’t attend has any the would like me to ask I can as well!

Just about PBL

Would love to know about internal scholarships

I had to submit the prerequisite substitution form since my freshman English courses didn’t contain “composition” or “thesis” in the titles because I took honors English in college. I submitted it and the woman I spoke to at admissions didn’t seem concerned about it, but I’m kind of freaking out since I fully plan on going since it’s my IS school. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

I had to submit the prerequisite substitution form since my freshman English courses didn’t contain “composition” or “thesis” in the titles because I took honors English in college. I submitted it and the woman I spoke to at admissions didn’t seem concerned about it, but I’m kind of freaking out since I fully plan on going since it’s my IS school. Has anyone else had a similar issue?
I did that as well and on my tracking page I have a notification saying they received the letter from my honors department vouching for me and they also emailed me saying I was approved but this was back in Aug/Sep

Yes! I also just submitted a prerequisite substitution form. The ANXIETY but i’m sure it’ll be fine!!

For those that already submitted the Dean’s Certification of Good Standing form, did you get confirmation from Cornell when they got the form?

For those that already submitted the Dean’s Certification of Good Standing form, did you get confirmation from Cornell when they got the form?

I sent my last week but haven’t received confirmation yet and my portal hasn’t updated yet. I’m thinking it may take some time for them to contact our undergrad institutions

Does anyone know if Cornell has a DVM/MPH program with both degrees from Cornell? I can only find one where you get your MPH online from University of Minnesota

Does anyone know if Cornell has a DVM/MPH program with both degrees from Cornell? I can only find one where you get your MPH online from University of Minnesota
I don’t know if Cornell does, but Iowa told me this past fall that you can do their program online with any accredited vet school. Basically the same as Minnesota.

Is there any recording of last year’s information session? Or does anyone know if there will be any virtual option of this year’s session?

does anyone know if you’re allowed to send someone else in your place to the info session? i’d love to go but i’m in europe so it’s a little difficult 🥲 my brother said he wouldn’t mind going instead so he could take notes/videos and ask questions for me

does anyone know if you’re allowed to send someone else in your place to the info session? i’d love to go but i’m in europe so it’s a little difficult 🥲 my brother said he wouldn’t mind going instead so he could take notes/videos and ask questions for me
That's something I'd email and ask them about! The worst they can say is no!

Does anyone know if they'll be doing any online orientations or webinars for prospective students? Really want to go to an in person one but I'm from CA and (as much as I'll try to make it work) I may not be able to make it to one :(

Does anyone know if they'll be doing any online orientations or webinars for prospective students? Really want to go to an in person one but I'm from CA and (as much as I'll try to make it work) I may not be able to make it to one :(

I asked but they said they didn’t have any plans to :/ I’m from CA too and can’t make it

• Sad
I asked but they said they didn’t have any plans to :/ I’m from CA too and can’t make it
Awe dang. That’s too bad. Maybe I’ll see if I can get a flight out there but it’ll be difficult :( thank you though!

Hi (new here!). I'm an accepted IS student. I'll be at the Jan 27th info session. Excited to meet you all!

Excited to meet everyone going to the 1/27 info session

Does anyone know common housing places for vet students at cornell? Trying to start looking into potential apartments.

Does anyone know common housing places for vet students at cornell? Trying to start looking into potential apartments.
i remember someone mentioning earlier that usually facebook groups get made for finding housing, but i don't think there were any links- if someone has a link (or anything else to help with finding housing) i'm interested in looking as well!

were there any GPA cutoffs in the explanation for rejected students? Posting this in a few threads so if you see it multiple times I apologize lol. Just trying to get some info for when I apply this year!

For those who got an OOS acceptance, would you mind sharing your GPA?