Cornell IM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IM2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just got an interview offer from Cornell, and while I am very excited, I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the program before I book a ticket from one coast to the other. From reading scutwork.com, I get the impression that it actually looks malignant. Any thoughts? How does it compare to Columbia (haven't heard from them yet).

Members don't see this ad.

you should check it out. it's a top program. decide for yourself if it's "malignant".

its tough to get a feel for a place on an interview day, and even with a second look you arent always sure. Then u come here, or go to scutwork, and you get an opinion of a place. And these opinions give u an impression. You talk to people who are there from your home school, and sometimes this is helpful.

And at the end of the day, regardless of the opinion you constructed, chances are the place will be nothing like what u imagined it to be. The only thing you can hope for is that it is different in a good way.

Cornell is a pretty awesome place, from what ive seen the past 4+ months as a PGY1. We def. work hard. I dont think it is "malignant" per se. Co interns and residents are awesome and supportive, and the program overall is very supportive as a whole. The Program Director is an amazing physician. Attendings love to teach and have faith in the house staff. Teaching styles vary from attg to attg though.

Id be more than happy to answer more specific questions. :)