cornell interview invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rCubed

taiko master
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone been invited for interviews after the beginning of november?
waiting sucks

Members don't see this ad.

rCubed,

Have you called them? I did because I had another interview in the "area" (Yale, but I am not from the east coast), and I was told that they would do whatever they could. One day later, I was offered the interview invite...

So maybe you need to call or something?

-Ice

Originally posted by ice_23
rCubed,

Have you called them? I did because I had another interview in the "area" (Yale, but I am not from the east coast), and I was told that they would do whatever they could. One day later, I was offered the interview invite...

So maybe you need to call or something?

-Ice

well, i called in mid-november and told them i was going to be out of the country from end of dec to beginning of february. i was hoping to get that interview done with before i left. however, i was talking to my pre-med advisor and he seems to think they're going to wait till after I get back, which I would prefer not to do. But, at this point, so close to christmas and stuff, I'm guessing my advisor is right

waiting sucks

Members don't see this ad :)
On a different note, I hope to reach 300 posts tonight :)
(while working on a paper)

Originally posted by rCubed
On a different note, I hope to reach 300 posts tonight :)
(while working on a paper)

quite ambitious!

i'm almost there :)

and
it only took me a little more than a year to get to this point, lol

i'm almost there :)

and
it only took me a little more than a year to get to this point, lol

i hope you get a cornell invite, so you can give your sinai spot to me.

or maybe u'll hear back from them real soon and we can be classmates
(don't worry too much, i mean, the poll said u were going to sinai...how can u not have faith in that? :) )

PS Keep talking, i'm at 292 now :)

and I haven't even opened up MS Word to start working on my paper..tsk tsk

since we have time, why dont you rank your new york schools in order of appeal

Originally posted by exmike

this is going to sound really messed up...but I really don't know what my top choice is. I'm hoping to decide at the second look weekends. Going into the process, it was a SUNY and downstate is still in the running

i really liked Sinai, the location, the students and all that. Columbia, i didn't like, but that's because our tour guide was a real character, he totally turned me off. But talking to other people about the school, it doesn't sound too bad. I love, absolutely LOVE, Cornel's international program. Downstate's low tuition really appeals to me. I like being on Long Island, so Stony Brook seems like a good choice too. I just need to hear back from schools so I can think about making a decision. But i would like to say, hooray for second look weekends

do you want to go to school in NYC? sinai ur first choice?

Sinai is probably the only place id go over Case or a fictitiou cali school that hasnt interviewed me. gosh i hope i hear from them soon!

Sinai is probably the only place id go over Case or a fictitiou cali school that hasnt interviewed me. gosh i hope i hear from them soon!

good luck..there's still time yet (at least thats what everyone keeps telling me). hope u hear from a Cali school soon. that'd be a nice Xmas present, wouldn't it?

anyway, about the Cornell invites, do they send them out continuously or every now and then? if its every now and then, when were the last batch sent out?

Hey, can I play too? :)

I've already been accepted to an in-state (read: cheap) top 30 school, but would still undergo a frontal lobotomy to be in New York for the next four years. I applied to 3 (Sinai, NYU, Columbia), have interviewed at Sinai and NYU, and have one coming up at Columbia in Jan.

As of yesterday, I had NYU as a very slight front-runner over Sinai, but had yet to hear back from either school post-interview. Alas, it looks like many people got in to NYU via email yesterday, and I was left out of the party. Methinks it's waitlist purgatory for me :(

Hence why MSSM is my top choice NYC school right now. The students were the happiest bunch I've ever seen. It really is Camp Sinai!

Good luck all,

TF

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by TheFlash
Hey, can I play too? :)

I've already been accepted to an in-state (read: cheap) top 30 school, but would still undergo a frontal lobotomy to be in New York for the next four years. I applied to 3 (Sinai, NYU, Columbia), have interviewed at Sinai and NYU, and have one coming up at Columbia in Jan.

As of yesterday, I had NYU as a very slight front-runner over Sinai, but had yet to hear back from either school post-interview. Alas, it looks like many people got in to NYU via email yesterday, and I was left out of the party. Methinks it's waitlist purgatory for me :(

Hence why MSSM is my top choice NYC school right now. The students were the happiest bunch I've ever seen. It really is Camp Sinai!

Good luck all,

TF

well, i haven't heard from NYU either. But aren't the kids who got accepted in the first batch? They probably interviewed way before us

I interviewed in mid-November, and I know that the first possible day to interview was 11/1, so I'm implicitly assuming that the adcom has at least gotten through the November interviews by now for the "first batch." You're right, though, it'd be helpful to know when the accepted applicants had their interviews.

Eh, whatever. If I don't get in, it's their loss anyway. I'm going to enjoy my break regardless. :)

TF

I also interviewed at NYU in mid-November and didn't get the email. I still haven't gotton an interview request from Columbia. Anyway, I'm going to hear from Sinai next week according to the adcoms. I went to NYU as an undergrad and well...Sinai is my first choice too unless Cornell decides to give me an interview :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kashue
I also interviewed at NYU in mid-November and didn't get the email. I still haven't gotton an interview request from Columbia. Anyway, I'm going to hear from Sinai next week according to the adcoms. I went to NYU as an undergrad and well...Sinai is my first choice too unless Cornell decides to give me an interview :rolleyes:

We should find out when those kids accepted to NYU were interviewed. I didn't think NYU started accepting so soon, but then I wasn't told anything the day I was there. In fact, I don't think I was given so little information for any of my other interviews

anyway, any cornell invites sent out recently? anyone?
Kashue, maybe we'll hear from cornell in the next batch, if in fact they do send out invites in batches

We should find out when those kids accepted to NYU were interviewed. I didn't think NYU started accepting so soon, but then I wasn't told anything the day I was there. In fact, I don't think I was given so little information for any of my other interviews.

Hi Guys,

I interviewed there during the 1st week of November and got an email on 12/11 (snail mail received 12/13). Don't quote me on this, but I think very few acceptances are sent out in Dec, many on Jan 15, and most of them on Feb15. PM me if you have any questions. Good luck to all!

Kashue,

I think I interviewed at Mt Sinai a week before you, and thought they would take about 6-8 weeks to get back to us. So I was expecting some answer in mid-Jan. Did they specifically say that they'd be getting back to you before the end of the year? Thanks.

Originally posted by acab
Hi Guys,

I interviewed there during the 1st week of November and got an email on 12/11 (snail mail received 12/13). Don't quote me on this, but I think very few acceptances are sent out in Dec, many on Jan 15, and most of them on Feb15. PM me if you have any questions. Good luck to all!

Kashue,

I think I interviewed at Mt Sinai a week before you, and thought they would take about 6-8 weeks to get back to us. So I was expecting some answer in mid-Jan. Did they specifically say that they'd be getting back to you before the end of the year? Thanks.

Mt. SInai took about 4 weeks to get back to me...but I know most of the time its 6-8. the advice u gave us about NYU...i think almost the same applies to MSSM, so all u can do is keep waiting..which sucks..but u'll hopefully get good news :)

Mt. SInai took about 4 weeks to get back to me...but I know most of the time its 6-8. the advice u gave us about NYU...i think almost the same applies to MSSM, so all u can do is keep waiting..which sucks..but u'll hopefully get good news :)

Thanks rCubed. I believe I'll be hearing from MSSM toward the end of Jan. I actually think my second interview there didn't go that well. Oh well!
One more thing, any idea why the students keep comparing themselves to NYU kids? Other NYC schools were never mentioned, and I thought "NYU" come up very often.
Best of luck!

acab/kashue/flash

when did you guys interview at MSSM? I interviewed 11/17, i was hoping i'd hear this coming week, but suddenly that doesnt seem likely.

acab/kashue/flash

when did you guys interview at MSSM? I interviewed 11/17, i was hoping i'd hear this coming week, but suddenly that doesnt seem likely.

I interviewed there right after Thanksgiving.

acab
i don't know y they kept comparing it to nyu....while i was there they seemed to be comparing themselves to most of the city schools..columbia, nyu, downstate, and aecom..i dunno why, maybe they have an inferiority complex or maybe they're just really agressive recruiters. They all seemed really happy to be there

i thought the coolest thing while i was there was that they had a guest lecturer for anatomy and it was a four star general or something. i stopped by at the lecture and he was talking about the effect of certain weapons on the body. and then during the tour when we stopped to look at the anatomy lab the general was there too, guiding them...
anyway, off the subject..but i don't know why they were talking about other schools

Does no one have an answer to my question about cornell invites?

acab/kashue/flash

I was there a week before you, exmike.

rcubed: Sorry I can't offer any advice on Cornell. We sorta hijacked this thread, eh? :oops:

TF

acab
....They all seemed really happy to be there.

Does no one have an answer to my question about cornell invites?

They did seem very happy there. And the dorms are great (really big for NYC standard).

I think Cornell interviews well into Feb or March. Why not call Cathy Cabrera and ask? She's very nice and willing to answer questions.

Hi Guys,

Kashue,

I interviewed for MSTP and they said the decisions would be made this week. I wouldn't worry too much if you don't hear right away. The MSTP committee and the MD commitee are seperate at Sinai.

I think Cornell interviews well into Feb or March. Why not call Cathy Cabrera and ask? She's very nice and willing to answer questions.

u know the number by any chance?

by the way,since this is now the thread for NYC schools, anyone got comparisons between MSSM and NYU?

got comparisons between MSSM and NYU?

The students at NYU and MSSM were both real happy, but I sensed more comraderie at MSSM. The NYU kids did endlessly talk about how much they loved to party in Midtown though. Both schools offer killer clinical experience (Sinai vs. Bellvue/Tisch) and place well in residencies. I think MSSM had the best residency placement out of all the NYC schools last year and also had the highest percentage of students match into their top 3 choices... hopefully that's an upward trend!

Speaking of NYC schools, anyone get news post-interview yet? I'm anxiously waiting. :(

Good luck y'all,

tf

this thread should be officially renamed NYC shools :)

exmike..keep waiting

my current ranking of NY schools I want to get into:

1. NYU
1. Columbia
2. Einstein
3. Downstate
3. NYMC
4. Rochester (going on gut feeling that it might simply not be the place for me)

Haven't been offered a Cornell interview and haven't visited MSSM yet.

still no news. Damnit. I bet they're waiting until my Birthday to give me some good news ::fingers crossed:: So hopefully I'll hear from at least one of my NY schools next Monday.

Originally posted by Rendar5
my current ranking of NY schools I want to get into:

1. NYU
1. Columbia
2. Einstein
3. Downstate
3. NYMC
4. Rochester (going on gut feeling that it might simply not be the place for me)

Haven't been offered a Cornell interview and haven't visited MSSM yet.

I hope u like MSSM
and i'm still waiting on Cornell also. Lets start a club

Originally posted by Rendar5
still no news. Damnit. I bet they're waiting until my Birthday to give me some good news ::fingers crossed:: So hopefully I'll hear from at least one of my NY schools next Monday.

Yeah, I'm getting pretty antsy about not hearing from NYU at this point. Another person listed that they got an acceptance email today! Not looking good for yours truly. Argh...

I interviewed in mid-November, and I know that the first possible day to interview was 11/1, so I'm implicitly assuming that the adcom has at least gotten through the November interviews by now for the "first batch." You're right, though, it'd be helpful to know when the accepted applicants had their interviews.

Eh, whatever. If I don't get in, it's their loss anyway. I'm going to enjoy my break regardless. :)

TF

I interviewed on Nov 8 (the first week) and recieved the acceptance e-mail a few days ago.:)

November 15th here...still no word.

Gnarly. They are clearly saving the best for last, huh guys? ;)

tf

November 15th here...still no word.

im getting confused, now what ny school are we talking about here?

haha i think we need to require naming the school first.

im getting confused, now what ny school are we talking about here?

haha i think we need to require naming the school first.

NYU - interviewed Nov 15th - Saturday.

Gnarly. They are clearly saving the best for last, huh guys? ;)

tf

Yea...NYU and Sinai are my top choices.

I want to stay at Sinai tho. Pleaaaaaaaaase take me Sinai. :love: :love:

Originally posted by pjr28
I interviewed on Nov 8 (the first week) and recieved the acceptance e-mail a few days ago.:)

Hey, I interviewed on Nov 8th also, but I didn't receive an email yet. I was out for another interview and came back with an overloaded email inbox. Do you think I should try to contact them just in case I received anything?

Yea...NYU and Sinai are my top choices.

I want to stay at Sinai tho. Pleaaaaaaaaase take me Sinai. :love: :love:

do u work there now?

and about NYU, they take about a month to get back to the applicants? So, if i interviewed first week of december, i should (hopefully) hear back something in mid-january? or do they just do it randomly?

do u work there now?

and about NYU, they take about a month to get back to the applicants? So, if i interviewed first week of december, i should (hopefully) hear back something in mid-january? or do they just do it randomly?

Yes, I work at Sinai.

I interviewed at NYU Nov 15th and I should hear back this week if its the 1 month thing.

do u work there now?

Actually, I know someone who interviewed there "exactly two weeks ago" and was admitted today. So much for them going in order, eh? :confused:

tf