Cornell premed grade deflation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As a Cornell grad, I'm frankly a little embarrassed by this post. How are you even thinking about grade deflation if you a 3.97? Do you want them to round you up to 4? And then giving generic application information as if somehow people on SDN will turn that into a concrete guarantee that you'll get into a top 20. I get that this process makes people a little neurotic, but for God's sake man, have a little self-awareness and self-control. It will take you far in medical school and life in general.

FWIW, I graduated with a 3.6 from Cornell and have 7 IIs, with multiple from the top 20s.
Honestly, I've had several SDNers' PM with the suspicion that OP is trolling us.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I mean, maybe if the school is Caltech or MIT, the major is biomedical engineering, and there's a very compelling reason why the student's GPA is low: they had some difficult-to-diagnose illness that was since treated with great success.

From the perspective of a T-20, is exceptional research considered a big plus or is it too common in the T-20 applicant pool and/or too geeky to be a big plus factor?

By definition exceptional research is not common. Commonplace research is common among top 20 applicants. Truly exceptional research is rare and will help you a lot just like being an exceptional athlete or humanitarian will.

Reactions: 1 user