Cornell v UW v AVC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

valkyree

Reaction score
Hi all! I know this is coming up last minute but the analysis paralysis is real. I was accepted to 3/6 schools; Cornell, Wisconsin & AVC. I am an alternate for CSU (my IS).

Honestly, I don't have a dream or impulse between these schools and they aren't drastically different in cost (which is why I would choose CSU if I do get in later). Cornell is 60k/first year and UW is ~53k/first year (both $USD). AVC will depend on the exchange rate, but is ~70k CAD/first year and the PEI has the highest cost of living compared to Ithaca and Madison.

I am planning to track mixed even though I hope to do mostly large animal work (food animal) with my DVM. Both Cornell and UW have great caseloads in large animals as well as balanced mixed programs. AVC would be great for equine exposure and I'm probably considering it at least just because I'd have to work to get good cow-exposure. I was able to visit PEI and Cornell, but won't be able to visit UW before the deadline. Honestly, I love the cold (all have good winters) and I could see myself happy in Ithaca or Madison or PEI (grew up in a city, but lived rurally before Fort Collins and love it).

Any insights I am maybe missing or not considering?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: