Cornell vs. UCSF: which is better for non-trads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Should I go to Cornell or UCSF?


  • Total voters
    3
  • Poll closed .
L

Lelelele1992

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

I'm trying to decide between UCSF and Cornell, and would love to hear some informed opinions. I'm on the older end of things, and am looking for a program that doesn't feel too much like undergrad/academic summer camp.

Thanks so much for your thoughts!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Since you're married, I would choose based on what will make life better for your spouse, since they have a major sacrifice to move for you.

UCSF would be my choice. I like the West coast, and if UCSF is better financially, that would seal the deal. SF is an amazing city but do make sure you know cost of living before deciding that UCSF will end up cheaper. (Honestly it's worth it...) But I would really do whatever your spouse is on board for.
 
If you decided UCSF, I will also be there as a married, old person. (If your screenname includes your birth year, I have you beat by quite a bit in the age department 😉. Please tell me though that you don't seriously consider 25 "on the older end of things"! 😀
 
You're not really a non-trad at 25

Go to the cheapest school. Both in terms of tuition and living costs