corrollary to "age" thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
- janitor at my grade school, then in high school
- lifeguard x 6 years
- various temp clerical/secretarial jobs
- dorm night desk/resident advisor
- computer support/business management x 6 years
- EMT/ER tech

Most fun 'job' was as a shooting instructor. At it's peak, I was making about $200/wk, which didn't last very long, but getting paid for trigger time is hard to beat.

Members don't see this ad.

I forgot one of my first jobs.

I was an entrepeneur at age 15. I would sell used golf balls at the local golf courses. This however, was ended early with a visit to the local police dept and a phone call to my father by the police chief.

Some buddies and I would jump the fences of golf courses at night with a bunch of beer and go diving for golf balls after midnight. We would rack up 10 or so 5 gal buckets in a matter of an hour. One night the cops found our car parked in the back and started in investigate. They would never have found us if it were not for my friend thinking he would get in trouble if the car was towed since he didn't have his DL yet and snuck the car out that night. Funny thing is that the cops didn't care that we were drinking or where we got all the beer. Good TImes

Thats cool I didn't know the under 18 team was a junior team - back in my day it was a developmental team that played various D1-3 colleges. What junior league are they affiliated with?

Do you play over at Brentwood? I played this summer in a league in O'Fallon Il was a pretty good skate.

Hockeyguy...for fear of hi-jacking the thread, I'll PM you. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
- lifeguard/swim instructor ( lots of lifeguards in medicine I notice )
- grocery store cashier/clerk
- hospital volunteer
- grocery store clerk again
- Pharmacy degree
- pharmacist
- seminary --\
/ ---> pharmacist
- MPH --/
- MCAT
- pharmacist
- MCAT, MCAT
- medical school
- residency :cool:

Wow. Talk about non-traditional. I feel like I'm missing out of something by going straight from college to med school...

mowed lawns
Mowed all the grass @ golf course
put glass in cars
WalMart
Asst. Super @ Golf Course
Sold Fax Machines
Worked as laborer for Construction Co.
Operations Mgr for said Const. Co.
Sales and Operations Mgr for said Const. Co.
Owner of Constr. Co.
Med School.

dishwasher
dishwasher
dishwasher/sandwich-maker
sandwich-maker
pizza cook
administrative assistant
carpenters assistant
grocery stocker
frozen yogurt salesman
sandwich-maker/cashier
telephone bill collector (I knew 15 yrs ago that sub-prime mortgages were being over-lent)
overnight hotel telephone operator
pharmacy clerk
pharmacy tech
high-tech head hunter
data entry
(go to college...get degree)
ID fellowship
(go to med school)
research assistant
(graduate med school)
intern ....KA-CHING!!! Now I'm banking like crazy and so can you! ;)

just make sure you follow the non-traditional path like me.....

oh well, at least i know how to fill out a w-2 by now

I was being groomed to be a Marine officer through all of high school (mini "boot camps" twice a summer for 4 summers and 1-2 hours of drill/practice every day during school), but that fell through because they found out I have Tourette's syndrome, which disqualified me (funny, though, now that I'm becoming a doctor, all of the branches are suddenly interested in me again).

After that I majored in Professional Aviation and Psychology in undergrad. It was nice flying planes for 4 years as my pre-med. I also earned an aviation management minor. This including working at Louis Armstrong International Airport, mainly in the operations department, but also with every other dept in the airport, for 3 months as an internship.

I have worked as a commercial photographer off and on since early college, but prefer to keep it as my hobby.

I worked for FEMA as a supply manager in the joint field office following hurricane Katrina. Then I worked as a design assistant in the long-term recovery office (ESF-14). Finally, before med school, I worked with the Public Assistance program of FEMA helping move along grants to my future medical school (talk about having a vested interest in your job).