Sep 16, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hi everyone I am new to SDN and I have found many of the topics on here helpful so I decided to make an account. Anyways I will get straight to the point.

Today I took the PCAT and for lack of better terms I bombed it-
Verbal Ability: 43
Biology: 63
Reading Comp: 45
Q.A: 63
Chemistry: 39
Composite: 50

I studied 4 hours everyday for 2 weeks mainly from the KAPLAN book and Pearson Practice tests. The practice tests I was getting 60-80 overall composite. I just feel that the KAPLAN book has way to much information in it and they should've condensed it down; it was pretty overwhelming. I plan to take the PCAT again at the end of October and was wondering if Dr. Collins is really worth shelling out the $375? Would it be able to help raise my composite to high 70's mid 80's? I know that is competitive for most schools I plan to apply for and I have a decent GPA overall 3.92. GPA Science/Math 3.86.

Additionally, I feel that if I paid such a high price for something that I would feel compelled to study from it. Also, I know that I need to seriously crack down on studying because being a pharmacist has been my goal since I was a junior in high school.

Just looking for comments/advice from anyone is the same boat.

Sep 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Many people say that they saw exact same questions for Dr. Collins on the real exam. I think you should check on SDN some people are selling it for way cheaper price. How was the biology section and for chemistry section was there a lot of calculations? For bio did they ask a lot about diseases or anatomy ? Thanks

glencoco

2+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I took it yesterday, yes you do see a few questions word for word from dr Collins, and it wasn't just one section; it was bio, chem, and verbal! QA had very similar problems (same concept just different numbers)
Like the person above me said, try to buy it off of someone for cheaper!
Good luck :)

Sep 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I took it yesterday, yes you do see a few questions word for word from dr Collins, and it wasn't just one section; it was bio, chem, and verbal! QA had very similar problems (same concept just different numbers)
Like the person above me said, try to buy it off of someone for cheaper!
Good luck :)
How was the bio and chem ? Also was the math like the math from the Pearson Practice Tests?

Sep 7, 2015
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hi everyone I am new to SDN and I have found many of the topics on here helpful so I decided to make an account. Anyways I will get straight to the point.

Today I took the PCAT and for lack of better terms I bombed it-
Verbal Ability: 43
Biology: 63
Reading Comp: 45
Q.A: 63
Chemistry: 39
Composite: 50

I studied 4 hours everyday for 2 weeks mainly from the KAPLAN book and Pearson Practice tests. The practice tests I was getting 60-80 overall composite. I just feel that the KAPLAN book has way to much information in it and they should've condensed it down; it was pretty overwhelming. I plan to take the PCAT again at the end of October and was wondering if Dr. Collins is really worth shelling out the $375? Would it be able to help raise my composite to high 70's mid 80's? I know that is competitive for most schools I plan to apply for and I have a decent GPA overall 3.92. GPA Science/Math 3.86.

Additionally, I feel that if I paid such a high price for something that I would feel compelled to study from it. Also, I know that I need to seriously crack down on studying because being a pharmacist has been my goal since I was a junior in high school.

Just looking for comments/advice from anyone is the same boat.

Was chemistry or bio a lot different or? Thanks

Feb 24, 2015
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided), Pre-Dental, Pre-Medical, Pre-Optometry, Pre-Pharmacy
anyone selling their dr collins?