Could work study count as extracurricular?

Started by rckelly23
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rckelly23

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During undergrad I worked as the news editor at my school paper, and I was an anatomy tutor as well. These were paid work study jobs on campus, although they barely paid anything ($1,600 total for the whole academic year). But I did them because I was more interested in building my resume rather than the money.

Should I list these as work experiences or extracurricular experience on my application?

Thanks!
 
You were paid, therefore work experience.
During undergrad I worked as the news editor at my school paper, and I was an anatomy tutor as well. These were paid work study jobs on campus, although they barely paid anything ($1,600 total for the whole academic year). But I did them because I was more interested in building my resume rather than the money.

Should I list these as work experiences or extracurricular experience on my application?

Thanks!
 
work experiences are those you were paid. Extracirricular are unpaid activities (shadowing, TA, clubs, volunteering, leadership)