Countdown to October 15th...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BrCo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else counting the days? The anticipation is killing me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 13 users
2 weeks to go!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I'll be waiting on 4 schools. Needless to say I'm going nuts already.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can't focus on anything else..

Waiting on 3 schools, including my top choice.

2 weekssssss

I don't expect to hear from one of the schools I interviews at that releases results on Oct. 15th, but I'm counting down until Nov. 15th! (Prematch in Texas)

Reactions: 1 user
I'm excited! I will be waiting on three schools, with a fourth interview 10/17. :biglove:

May we all get in somewhere!!

I'll be hoping to hear from a couple schools! Even though I'm still waiting on more IIs (hopefully), the peace of mind from an acceptance will be the best gift in the world!

Waiting on three (possible four - interview 10/14) So excited!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So much excitement!

We have all worked so hard to get to this point and I truly wish everyone the best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
So excited, nervous, worried! Oct. 15 cannot come soon enough.

Only waiting on 1 but it's a top choice so I'm super anxious

Waiting on 3 schools and possibly 4. Interview on 10/13.

To all the applicants waiting, congratulations! Just the fact that you have attended a single interview and are waiting at this point is a major accomplishment. Keep that in mind when worry and anticipation gnaws at your brain.

I applied early and broadly to a lot of schools. Not a single II so far but several rejections.

Waiting on 3 for the 15th! Best of luck to all :)

Will most likely only hear from one school on the 15th, but I'm already nervous!

Congrats everyone! It seems unreal sometimes that this long premed chapter of our lives may (hopefully) be coming to an end while another chapter begins.

Reactions: 8 users
I thought October would feel like it is crawling, but time actually feels like it's going pretty quickly!

I thought October would feel like it is crawling, but time actually feels like it's going pretty quickly!

I wish! The trajectory until October has felt soooo long and slow.

Reactions: 3 users
People have been asking me if I have gotten into med school yet since June, 2013. It would be really nice to be able to say "YES!" instead of having my self esteem balloon deflated a little every time I see someone.

Reactions: 9 users
People have been asking me if I have gotten into med school yet since June, 2013. It would be really nice to be able to say "YES!" instead of having my self esteem balloon deflated a little every time I see someone.
I understand what you're going through. I'm in the same exact boat. I finally want to be able to say yes!

Reactions: 3 users
I know this probably depends on the school, but how often do schools review files post interview? For instance, I have an II Oct 17 to my state school, do they hold interviews, then review files the following week? Month? If this is a dumb question, my bad.

I know this probably depends on the school, but how often do schools review files post interview? For instance, I have an II Oct 17 to my state school, do they hold interviews, then review files the following week? Month? If this is a dumb question, my bad.

Most schools say the committee meets to vote on candidates within two weeks. I think most committees meet once a week?

I have my first interview on the 14th, you think I can get the acceptance on the 15th?:p

October is moving by so slow. Good thing it's Friday, time to do some liver damage!

What schools let people know on the 15th?
I know that UVA and UChicago do

All my top choices I've already interviewed at......

Should I plan for affine interviews the week of the 22nd or do I feel ballsy? That is the question

So if you guys get an acceptance from a school but let's say your top choice offered you an interview in January or something, do you have to accept the acceptance or are you allowed to wait until you get a decision from your top choice?

So if you guys get an acceptance from a school but let's say your top choice offered you an interview in January or something, do you have to accept the acceptance or are you allowed to wait until you get a decision from your top choice?

You can accept many acceptances until the deadline in April.

You can accept many acceptances until the deadline in April.
I read somewhere on some school's site (can't recall) that you must respond to an acceptance within 6 weeks. Is that a school specific thing or is there a more general rule that overrules that?

I read somewhere on some school's site (can't recall) that you must respond to an acceptance within 6 weeks. Is that a school specific thing or is there a more general rule that overrules that?

School specific. I've seen two weeks at some schools.

Some are 2 weeks. Depends on the school

Some are 2 weeks. Depends on the school
So then let's say a school has a 2 week rule. If you were to get an acceptance from them way in advance, you have no choice but to attend and not find out whether you could get into other schools?

So then let's say a school has a 2 week rule. If you were to get an acceptance from them way in advance, you have no choice but to attend and not find out whether you could get into other schools?

No, you can hold multiple acceptances until April.

Ohhhhh I see. I'm dumb. Carry on. But thanks for the info! :)

Don't worry about it, It's a very confusing process. You pretty much pay a deposit (usually $100) for the school to hold your seat (acceptance), until April, when you have to let go of multiple acceptances and make a choice.

Last edited:
12 more days! Can potentially hear back from 3 schools!

Just interviewed today at my top choice! I was nervous leading up to the interview. It ended up going great and I felt relieved and relaxed for about 5 min after. Then I realized, **** I might find out in 12 days!!.... Back to being nervous.