You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Countdown to October 15th...
Started by BrCo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waiting on 3 schools, including my top choice.
Waiting on 3 schools, including my top choice.
My top choices are non rolling :/
I don't expect to hear from one of the schools I interviews at that releases results on Oct. 15th, but I'm counting down until Nov. 15th! (Prematch in Texas)
So you have to wait even longer... 🙁My top choices are non rolling :/
I'm excited! I will be waiting on three schools, with a fourth interview 10/17. 
May we all get in somewhere!!

May we all get in somewhere!!
Yessir.
I'll be hoping to hear from a couple schools! Even though I'm still waiting on more IIs (hopefully), the peace of mind from an acceptance will be the best gift in the world!
Yup.Are some schools Oct 16th?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So excited, nervous, worried! Oct. 15 cannot come soon enough.
Emory sends first acceptances Oct. 20th and by snail mail. 
Only waiting on 1 but it's a top choice so I'm super anxious
To all the applicants waiting, congratulations! Just the fact that you have attended a single interview and are waiting at this point is a major accomplishment. Keep that in mind when worry and anticipation gnaws at your brain.
I applied early and broadly to a lot of schools. Not a single II so far but several rejections.
I applied early and broadly to a lot of schools. Not a single II so far but several rejections.
Waiting on 3 for the 15th! Best of luck to all 🙂
Will most likely only hear from one school on the 15th, but I'm already nervous!
12 days left!!
I thought October would feel like it is crawling, but time actually feels like it's going pretty quickly!
I thought October would feel like it is crawling, but time actually feels like it's going pretty quickly!
I wish! The trajectory until October has felt soooo long and slow.
People have been asking me if I have gotten into med school yet since June, 2013. It would be really nice to be able to say "YES!" instead of having my self esteem balloon deflated a little every time I see someone.
I understand what you're going through. I'm in the same exact boat. I finally want to be able to say yes!People have been asking me if I have gotten into med school yet since June, 2013. It would be really nice to be able to say "YES!" instead of having my self esteem balloon deflated a little every time I see someone.
It's been 3 days!!I thought October would feel like it is crawling, but time actually feels like it's going pretty quickly!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this probably depends on the school, but how often do schools review files post interview? For instance, I have an II Oct 17 to my state school, do they hold interviews, then review files the following week? Month? If this is a dumb question, my bad.
I know this probably depends on the school, but how often do schools review files post interview? For instance, I have an II Oct 17 to my state school, do they hold interviews, then review files the following week? Month? If this is a dumb question, my bad.
Most schools say the committee meets to vote on candidates within two weeks. I think most committees meet once a week?
You could but probably not 😛I have my first interview on the 14th, you think I can get the acceptance on the 15th?😛
I know, but I just feel like they've flown by. Especially for weekdays!It's been 3 days!!
October is moving by so slow. Good thing it's Friday, time to do some liver damage!
What schools let people know on the 15th?
I know that UVA and UChicago do
I know that UVA and UChicago do
So if you guys get an acceptance from a school but let's say your top choice offered you an interview in January or something, do you have to accept the acceptance or are you allowed to wait until you get a decision from your top choice?
You can accept many acceptances until the deadline in April.
I read somewhere on some school's site (can't recall) that you must respond to an acceptance within 6 weeks. Is that a school specific thing or is there a more general rule that overrules that?You can accept many acceptances until the deadline in April.
I read somewhere on some school's site (can't recall) that you must respond to an acceptance within 6 weeks. Is that a school specific thing or is there a more general rule that overrules that?
School specific. I've seen two weeks at some schools.
Some are 2 weeks. Depends on the schoolI read somewhere on some school's site (can't recall) that you must respond to an acceptance within 6 weeks. Is that a school specific thing or is there a more general rule that overrules that?
So then let's say a school has a 2 week rule. If you were to get an acceptance from them way in advance, you have no choice but to attend and not find out whether you could get into other schools?Some are 2 weeks. Depends on the school
So then let's say a school has a 2 week rule. If you were to get an acceptance from them way in advance, you have no choice but to attend and not find out whether you could get into other schools?
No, you can hold multiple acceptances until April.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ohhhhh I see. I'm dumb. Carry on. But thanks for the info! 🙂No, you can hold multiple acceptances until April.
Ohhhhh I see. I'm dumb. Carry on. But thanks for the info! 🙂
No problem! This is a long and confusing process! I hope you have the 'problem' of multiple acceptances! 😉
Ohhhhh I see. I'm dumb. Carry on. But thanks for the info! 🙂
Don't worry about it, It's a very confusing process. You pretty much pay a deposit (usually $100) for the school to hold your seat (acceptance), until April, when you have to let go of multiple acceptances and make a choice.
Last edited:
12 more days! Can potentially hear back from 3 schools!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 407
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 873
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K