Countdown to October 15th...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waiting on 3!:soexcited:the 15th will be an uneventful day as I just lie in bed and refresh my email every 30 seconds

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
So how does it work for interviews conducted after the 15th? Is it on a rolling basis (so to speak) for those applicants who interview later? Or are there some schools who won't sent any decisions until much later?

So how does it work for interviews conducted after the 15th? Is it on a rolling basis (so to speak) for those applicants who interview later? Or are there some schools who won't sent any decisions until much later?

Depends on the school. Many are rolling but some of the top tiers are not. Check the MSAR for specifics although they will usually tell you at your interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I kind of wish I didn't have so many schools who could be telling me on the 15th. If I don't get in to any of them then I expect that I won't get into any other schools I still have to interview at.....so it will either be the best day of my life or the worst.

I kind of wish I didn't have so many schools who could be telling me on the 15th. If I don't get in to any of them then I expect that I won't get into any other schools I still have to interview at.....so it will either be the best day of my life or the worst.
At least you would get the chance to *fix* things in case your interviewing skills aren't up to par :D

Interviewed at 4 so far and waiting on 2 (possibly 3) for the 15th. My current top choice isn't rolling so I won't be hearing back from them for quite a few months :/

:nailbiting: Oh man. Afraid of bad news

Last edited:
Do people think some schools will let us know right at midnight (like late Tuesday night)? Or will it be more like sometime on Wednesday? Anyone know from last year?

Do people think some schools will let us know right at midnight (like late Tuesday night)? Or will it be more like sometime on Wednesday? Anyone know from last year?
from what i saw on last year's threads, it depends on the school

At Michigan they strongly hinted that they might be releasing good news around midnight, and they have in the past. Don't know about any other schools though.

In on this thread...Been replaying my interviews in my head analyzing every answer I gave. Nothing I can do about it now tho...

Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My brain sometimes will selectively focus on one of MI of the MMI, even though it really doesn't affect the whole picture, but still, it affects how I feel about the results.

My first interview was 9/22. I wonder if they'll have a decision by 10/15.

It'd make this process a lot less stressful. :-/

If you interview somewhere ON the 15th I bet everyone will be madly, discreetly checking their phones.

If you interview somewhere ON the 15th I bet everyone will be madly, discreetly checking their phones.
Lol I have one on the 15th. I'm not gonna check my phone, tho. I've turned that ish off the whole day for every interview day so far.

I just rescheduled my 15th interview to a much later date once I realized that I'd be hearing from 2 schools. Glad it was a school that allowed me to do it easily online. I might be able to hold off checking email, but I don't want to be affected by the effort of resisting to check my email the night before and during the day.

Those of you who are waiting to hear back from your top choice on the 15th are so lucky. I am thankful that I will be receiving news from 3 schools on the 15th, but I haven't even been invited to interview at my top schools.

If I don't hear anything, I'll live vicariously through you guys by reading the 'when you found out you got in, how did you react' thread.

Reactions: 6 users
Even though I interviewed at one school on 9/6, I won't hear until November.. possibly the end of November.

At another school I interviewed on 10/1 and I likely won't hear until late October/early November. BOO!

Even though I interviewed at one school on 9/6, I won't hear until November.. possibly the end of November.

At another school I interviewed on 10/1 and I likely won't hear until late October/early November. BOO!
Then get out of this thread! Just kidding. Best of luck keeping sanity during your long stage of limbo before you get great news.

Reactions: 2 users
Then get out of this thread! Just kidding. Best of luck keeping sanity during your long stage of limbo before you get great news.
Thank you and back at ya. At least it's only a week away for many of you!

For those who are lucky enough to get into their top choice October 15th, are you all calling the application season over or letting it play out? Strongly debating one or the other, this process is expensive!

For those who are lucky enough to get into their top choice October 15th, are you all calling the application season over or letting it play out? Strongly debating one or the other, this process is expensive!

I would. You should wait to see what the financial situation looks like at all the schools you get into.

Reactions: 2 users
if interviewing oct 10th, any chance I"d hear oct 15th? This will be my 4th interview, but 1 top choice is rolling so I won't hear till early spring!! Anyway, good luck everyone!

Well someone from last cycle continued to play: kept 23 eggs in the bucket until the last minute in May. Sources was very credible, but indirect, so I have no idea who that person was.

I have the chance to hear from a few of my #2s. My #1 is later this month. I won't interview at any more schools if I get in, but I also won't withdraw from most of the schools I've interviewed at.

Well someone from last cycle continued to play: kept 23 eggs in the bucket until the last minute in May. Sources was very credible, but indirect, so I have no idea who that person was.
I think that is extremely selfish and unnecessary.

I heard that schools can see if you are holding onto acceptances; if you hold onto a lot of them, then other schools may see that and not accept you. Is this true?

Wait... what's an acceptance report? Do schools actually check them?
I would say yes, especially for students that might be of interests for recruitment scholarships.

Isn't that a good plan if you can work multiple school's financial aids to get the cheapest price for school?

I think that is extremely selfish and unnecessary.

Cant blame him for working for the best situation for himself, especially considering how many hoops we jump through just to become "competitive"

I would say yes, especially for students that might be of interests for recruitment scholarships.

So these are not generally offered with the acceptance?

+1

Heard this very thing from an admissions director at one of my interviews. Be kindly to your fellow applicants... there is no possible way this person was genuinely debating between 23 final choices.

If I get into my top choice, which is a highly respected state school that will cost less than my undergrad, then I'll be done with this crap.

If I get into my top choice, which is a highly respected state school that will cost less than my undergrad, then I'll be done with this crap.
I'll hear back from a couple of schools before my November interviews and will cancel them suckers if I get in-state. This clown parade needs to end ASAP because I've had it with pre-med.

Reactions: 8 users
I'll hear back from a couple of schools before my November interviews and will cancel them suckers if I get in-state. This clown parade needs to end ASAP because I've had it with pre-med.
I totally agree! What's your in-state school? Mine's UNC.

I totally agree! What's your in-state school? Mine's UNC.
Mine's UMD. Much like yours, a highly respected institution that's about as cheap as my undergrad!