Course order on AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tennisguy896

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question for you guys- are our undergrad courses listed in chronological order on the AMCAS application or in what order? It's not a big deal, but I was just curious to see how they observe trends/dips/etc...

Members don't see this ad.

tennisguy896 said:
Quick question for you guys- are our undergrad courses listed in chronological order on the AMCAS application or in what order? It's not a big deal, but I was just curious to see how they observe trends/dips/etc...

I believe they are in chronological order, and you will see a breakdown of gpa per year starting freshman and ending senior year

tennisguy896 said:

Where you imput the grades will have a place to check what year you took the course in (ie. freshman, soph., jr. senior, post-bac) Courses taken in HS go into your freshman gpa. Courses over the summer go into the next year's GPA. And each year's gpa is calculated seperately (plus the overall GPA).

Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anastasis said:
Where you imput the grades will have a place to check what year you took the course in (ie. freshman, soph., jr. senior, post-bac) Courses taken in HS go into your freshman gpa. Courses over the summer go into the next year's GPA. And each year's gpa is calculated seperately (plus the overall GPA).

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot guys. So med schools only know what classes we took during each year, not specifically each semester?

It has to be in the exact order it is listed on the transcript. I didn't know this and had to do it twice.

tennisguy896 said:
Thanks a lot guys. So med schools only know what classes we took during each year, not specifically each semester?
Well I don't know how it ends up looking on the sheet the med schools get, but you only enter it into the computer based on year and it onlyl breaks down GPA based on year. If you school transcript breaks it down by semester I really don't know how it will turn out. I would check out the format of your school transcript and see how they list it.