Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Course Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by HazelEyes, Mar 2, 2007.

1. HazelEyes

Hi everyone. A few years ago I took an Intro to Biology course on a pass/fail basis. At my school I have the option of switching it back to a letter grade, however this would lower my GPA to under a 3.0. I am trying to decide if I should just take the class over or put the grade that I already received on my transcript and then get better grades in the higher level biology classes. Do optometry schools discourage repeating courses? Thanks for any advice.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pienfoo

Optometry Student
    is intro to biology considered a pre-req? Most schools want you to take the bio series that consists of the cell, multicellular orgs, and evolution. If you didn't take all of that then I'd just leave the intro to biology a pass no pass and do well in your future biology classes. It's never a bad thing to retake a class and do well in it. best of luck to you.

4. HazelEyes

pienfoo, thanks for responding. The course I took (Intro Biology I) is considered the first pre-req in the bio series. I took it almost three years ago so I guess it wouldn't hurt to take it over. Thanks again.