Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lomaric

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used a board prep
Class

Would anyone recommend it for ABFAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can’t be the only person who didn’t do any course or any studying for ABFAS, right?

Unless you’ve failed the didactic portion once already (is there still even a didactic portion?), I doubt any of these courses will make a huge difference.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The courses really only help your (my) mental state of mind leading up to the test.
In reality the goldfarb course (never did the linked course above, no comment) will get you only a few questions correct on the exam
Unless its changed in recent years, its more of an application of knowledge exam. Its not really a memorize and dump exam.

The CBPS is what you need to really practice for. That can get tricky if you dont know how it works.

I didn’t study a lick for ABFAS either. Good training should be sufficient.
I can’t be the only person who didn’t do any course or any studying for ABFAS, right?

Unless you’ve failed the didactic portion once already (is there still even a didactic portion?), I doubt any of these courses will make a huge difference.

I didn’t study a lick for ABFAS either. Good training should be sufficient.

The month before boards I had set-up a rotation with some doctors in my system who were a town away. Left my newborn behind with my wife and a stocked fridge. Good surgical volume. Great diversity. Did a plural number of rearfoot fusions, midfoot, 1st ray fusions,, scopes, flatfeet, toes, 2nd MPJ BS, a nail, arthroeresis (ha) etc. Went home every night and studied for the cases throughout the week. Also made a list of priority chapters and reviewed textbooks, Myerson/and other technique guides, pulled articles etc. Did several cadaver labs. One of the attendings pulled powerpoints of weird residency cases to pimp me on.

And then I sat down for the exam and the questions in no way at all resembled anything I had studied or read. If I could have the month back I'd have binged TV.

Other small thing. Boards by the Numbers. Total trash. The people who write this course apparently think ABFAS is 50% questions about old school bone scans. We need a thread where we spell out podiatry groups / products / ownership so we name all the shills in this profession and work on convincing people not to buy their products.

The month before boards I had set-up a rotation with some doctors in my system who were a town away. Left my newborn behind with my wife and a stocked fridge. Good surgical volume. Great diversity. Did a plural number of rearfoot fusions, midfoot, 1st ray fusions,, scopes, flatfeet, toes, 2nd MPJ BS, a nail, arthroeresis (ha) etc. Went home every night and studied for the cases throughout the week. Also made a list of priority chapters and reviewed textbooks, Myerson/and other technique guides, pulled articles etc. Did several cadaver labs. One of the attendings pulled powerpoints of weird residency cases to pimp me on.

And then I sat down for the exam and the questions in no way at all resembled anything I had studied or read. If I could have the month back I'd have binged TV.

Other small thing. Boards by the Numbers. Total trash. The people who write this course apparently think ABFAS is 50% questions about old school bone scans. We need a thread where we spell out podiatry groups / products / ownership so we name all the shills in this profession and work on convincing people not to buy their products.

Haha, 100%. Whatever "waterboard" or "boards xxxx" or "Pocket Pod" - garbage. ABFAS is a joke of an exam that is meant to squeeze your dineros all while they sit there and pocket it.

Reactions: 1 users