Courses in my AMCAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psyflgirl

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am trying to fill out my application but a bit confused about whether to include some of the classes I took before my associates. I called amcas in two different occasions and I received two different answers, the second one more confusing than the first one. Apparently they don't come across this issue often and they are not familiar with the type of course I am talking about. I came to the US when I was 17, I did my last year of High School and before I was able to take college classes I had to take 2 semesters of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (reading, writing, accent reduction, and grammar) which according to the school where I took them (which is the same school where I did my AA) they are credited courses but they are NOT college level classes and did not count towards my associates yet the appear in my transcript and I believe the did affect my GPA. Should I include these classes in my ymcas application?

Members don't see this ad.

I am trying to fill out my application but a bit confused about whether to include some of the classes I took before my associates. I called amcas in two different occasions and I received two different answers, the second one more confusing than the first one. Apparently they don't come across this issue often and they are not familiar with the type of course I am talking about. I came to the US when I was 17, I did my last year of High School and before I was able to take college classes I had to take 2 semesters of English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (reading, writing, accent reduction, and grammar) which according to the school where I took them (which is the same school where I did my AA) they are credited courses but they are NOT college level classes and did not count towards my associates yet the appear in my transcript and I believe the did affect my GPA. Should I include these classes in my ymcas application?
If they appear on your offical transcript, then include them. AMCAS will decide if they should be included in your application GPA calculations when they verify all your transcripts.

Reactions: 1 user
If they appear on your offical transcript, then include them. AMCAS will decide if they should be included in your application GPA calculations when they verify all your transcripts.
It makes sense. Thank you.

Reactions: 1 user