COVID-19 Essay for AACOMAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clumsy.md

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Per AACOM's recent email regarding 2020-21 application accommodations,

"It would add value to your AACOMAS application to answer the COVID-19 essay that will be presented to you. This is your opportunity to highlight how you have dealt with and shown perseverance during this pandemic."

Does anyone have information regarding this essay? Prompt or character count?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone been able to find this essay on the AACOMAS application? I am only seeing a section for the personal statement

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to find this essay on the AACOMAS application? I am only seeing a section for the personal statement

Other Information Page

Please describe how COVID-19 has impacted your pathway to medical school. Items to consider incorporating into your response may include but are not limited to:

Academic: Were you able to interact with your professors? Did you have to leave an academic program stateside or abroad? Did your school require you to move to pass/fail grading systems? Did your MCAT exam get cancelled, delayed? Other academic barriers?

Professional: Did you hold a job? Did you have to go out and seek new job opportunities? Did you lose a job? Other financial or professional barriers that you faced?

Personal: Did you have to move out of a house or dorm? Did you have to cancel travel plans? Did you modify your planned experiences related to healthcare or volunteer opportunities? Did you seek out volunteer opportunities that arose from the crisis? Did you assist any family or community members that were affected?

2500 Characters

Reactions: 2 users
I am so surprised that we have to write yet another eassy.... Among of all other things...