All Branch Topic (ABT) COVID PCS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Setih

Meh
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am actually supposed to start training this summer (July 1), but my PCS is on hold, I am not CONUS. Just curious if anyone had heard about a all hands plan going forward if the travel ban continues beyond July 1. Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Few weeks back OTSG suggested RFOs may still be generated for people entering GME programs. Of course last week’s guidance is likely different than the present given the fluidity of this thing. I am also supposed to PCS for fellowship this summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
PCS moves for GME have historically had very high priority. They're exempt from all of the usual cross-country and time on station rules/guidelines. Obviously we're in somewhat unprecedented times, but I would still expect PCS moves for GME purposes to execute on time.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m executing my PCS for the summer (not GME). Expect to report on station no matter the circumstances. I had to do a personally procured move due to HHG not moving due to hold in place order.

The thing about a gme pcs is it produces another working health care employee (resident) out of someone who is otherwise just kind of in the way (med student). If I had to bet, you end up going

Again? How long have you been out?
Left in August, was due to redeploy about a week ago. The 60 day stop movement bumped us to the end of May. Now there are rumors of July, but of course that's just based on the AF General's comment. Really impossible to know if that'll just be PCS and TAD movement or if it'll affect operational movement too.

As deployments go it's pretty cushy - no rocket attacks, housing isn't a 4 star hotel but it's not a tent or open bay barracks either. It's better than being aboard a ship or out at a desert Role II. Still, case load is zero, and it's time away from home.

I'm just whining ... I'll get over it. That alcohol is even permitted on this deployment is an indication that we're not exactly roughing it. Probably every other deployed unit in the entire US Navy has it worse than me. :)