You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
COVID vaccine requirements
Started by Kay_20
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just to get ahead of this, this thread will not turn into a debate about the vaccine. The science on the vaccines supports the safety and effectiveness of them. Keep the thread on topic, which is strictly whether medical schools will require them.
If hospital systems require it, students and trainees will have to comply.
I expect that COVID-19 vaccination will be required asHepatitis C (oops!) vaccination and TB testing would be.
EDIT: I did mean Hep A/B.
I expect that COVID-19 vaccination will be required as
EDIT: I did mean Hep A/B.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You might as well try to ask who will win the World Series in 1-2 years.Hello, does anyone know if medical schools will be requiring the vaccine for students? Whether incoming or current. I am a premed looking to apply in the next 1-2 years. Thank you!
That said, the evidence to date is that COVID is becoming endemic, and as such, the vaccine requirement is as likely as a flu vaccine requirement. It's also probably that the two vaccines can be administered in a single vaccine done, given mRNA technology.
If you want to touch patients you can safely assume that you will have to be vaccinated against an infectious disease that has killed 836,000 Americans (and counting).Hello, does anyone know if medical schools will be requiring the vaccine for students? Whether incoming or current. I am a premed looking to apply in the next 1-2 years. Thank you!
FTFYIf you want to touch patients you can safely assume that you will have to be vaccinated against an infectious disease that has killed836,000859,039 Americans (and counting).
Hep C vaccination?If hospital systems require it, students and trainees will have to comply.
I expect that COVID-19 vaccination will be required as Hepatitis C vaccination and TB testing would be.
I’m assuming they meant hep a/b.Hep C vaccination?
Yes, they will (they are).Hello, does anyone know if medical schools will be requiring the vaccine for students?
Lots of schools will require it upon matriculation because you'll have sim lab, patient contact in your first year (MANY schools do this now) or just a general requirement to begin with. If you're anti-vax you shouldn't be in healthcare, let alone become a doctor. Go find another profession.
As a medical student and future physician I refuse to work with any med student/resident/attending who isn't vaccinated.
I'm being VERY nice about this. If you asked this question to my dean you'd get ripped a new one
OP never said anything about being anti vax. This is a valid question and any dean that would “rip a new one” in response to this would be clearly unhinged and perhaps they should be the one finding a new profession.
Perhaps OP prefers med schools that do require the vaccine out of concerns and fear that they may in fact contract the virus. Maybe they’re immunocompromised. Maybe they’ve lost a loved one to COVID. My point is that you were quick to jump to conclusions that OP is anti vax based off a valid question about the status of vaccine requirements across medical schools. Think before you speak.
I agree that they jumped to conclusions and that it’s possible that OP wants to go to a school where it’s mandatory. However, given what we’ve been seeing over the past years with COVID, it’s not a completely unreasonable assumption that someone asking if it’s mandatory doesn’t want to get it. That said, it would have been better to just ask instead of making that assumption.OP never said anything about being anti vax. This is a valid question and any dean that would “rip a new one” in response to this would be clearly unhinged and perhaps they should be the one finding a new profession.
Perhaps OP prefers med schools that do require the vaccine out of concerns and fear that they may in fact contract the virus. Maybe they’re immunocompromised. Maybe they’ve lost a loved one to COVID. My point is that you were quick to jump to conclusions that OP is anti vax based off a valid question about the status of vaccine requirements across medical schools. Think before you speak.
Kay_20
Full Member
That wasn't my intention but I do appreciate you getting ahead of it. I want to keep the topic there as well.Just to get ahead of this, this thread will not turn into a debate about the vaccine. The science on the vaccines supports the safety and effectiveness of them. Keep the thread on topic, which is strictly whether medical schools will require them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did... sorry... typing too quickly.I’m assuming they meant hep a/b.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 1K