COVID vaccine side effects during interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdpls!

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am lucky enough to have received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine (I'm an EMT) back in late December. I didn't have any side effects except for a sore arm. However, my second dose is the day before my next interview. I know that side effects are more likely to occur after the second dose, and I am a little nervous that I may have them during my interview since its ~16 hours after this dose.

My question is: if I have side effects, is it better to just let my interviewers know first thing that if I appear ill and fatigued that it's due to the vaccine, or should I try to re-schedule the interview? I imagine most interviewers will understand, but I worry it may affect my performance.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello! I don't have any concrete advice, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone here. The only time I could get my vaccine was the day before my interview. I don't plan on mentioning it unless I look awful. Just going to slam the Tylenol and get a lot of rest the day before.

I think if you wanted to bring it up, maybe just do it if they ask how you are? It feels kind of unnatural and may draw attention to something they wouldn't have noticed otherwise.

People have really mixed responses to the second dose -- you may totally breeze through it.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all,

I am lucky enough to have received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine (I'm an EMT) back in late December. I didn't have any side effects except for a sore arm. However, my second dose is the day before my next interview. I know that side effects are more likely to occur after the second dose, and I am a little nervous that I may have them during my interview since its ~16 hours after this dose.

My question is: if I have side effects, is it better to just let my interviewers know first thing that if I appear ill and fatigued that it's due to the vaccine, or should I try to re-schedule the interview? I imagine most interviewers will understand, but I worry it may affect my performance.

Thanks!
"Sorry if I'm a bit off right now, I received my second Moderna shot yesterday, but I was excited about this interview and did not want to reschedule."

Then you power through like the champ you are.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users