CPJE May 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Albo

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Took my exam 5/9 and I think I failed. I realize I got quite a few wrong after I took it. Anyway last batch was 5/4 so this one might take a while to get the scores.

Members don't see this ad.

Took my exam 5/9 and I think I failed. I realize I got quite a few wrong after I took it. Anyway last batch was 5/4 so this one might take a while to get the scores.

Sorry to hear that. I've heard it's overall a difficult exam from lots of people, but just wait for your result. Did you have any calculations on your exam?

Last edited:

How many did you think you missed to consider “quite a few”?

Sorry to hear that. I've heard it's overall a difficult exam from lots of people, but just wait for your result. Did you have any calculations on your exam?

Only a couple such as calculating CrCl and one Enoxoparin dosing.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that don't know, they send you a "CPJE bulletin" packet of sample CPJE questions in the mail. I had several of the questions in the packet match my test questions word for word. It was a nice little surprise.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know when the next set of test batch go out, or the next predate? I'm taking my exam May 25, and I hope I don't have to wait terribly too long for the results.

I’m taking this in June. Is there anything out of the ordinary I should focus on? Also, BP guidelines which one does this exam go by? The JNC guidelines? I know there other guidelines and they have different goals. Was the enoxaparin question like mg per kg or ppx dosing question?

Does anyone know when the next set of test batch go out, or the next predate? I'm taking my exam May 25, and I hope I don't have to wait terribly too long for the results.

The last batch's predate was 5/04 and the trend has been 5-6 weeks for each batch. Someone correct me if I am wrong since I'm not 100% sure

Members don't see this ad :)
I just took mine today 5/16...can someone explain what all this “batch” and “pre-date” stuff is?

The questions are actually very straight forward. I think what makes it difficult is that it’s just random. You literally have to cover all your bases just for the chance that they might ask 1 question about the 1 inhaler you couldnt remember. Level of difficulty varies with tests though..which they say they do adjust for when grading. Law and pharmacy operations honestly threw me off more because it’s hard to find good resources to study. I had Weissman, but it’s not updated so I kept second guessing the book which confused me more overall. I hear rxprep law gets updated frequently, buut didnt want to shell out the money. If I were to re-study, I’d try to cover more topics and not overstudy any 1 topic. Hoping for the best...and for speedy results!!!

So it would be around mid June before they release the results of the new batch?

Yeah, between beginning and mid-June I'm assuming is probably when the next batch will start. And once it shows you the pre-date on psi, others have said it takes another 1-2 weeks to get your result. If you took your exam after 05/04, probably won't see the pre-date for awhile.

I think people who took their exam in April still don't have their results yet.

Last edited:
I just took mine today 5/16...can someone explain what all this “batch” and “pre-date” stuff is?

The questions are actually very straight forward. I think what makes it difficult is that it’s just random. You literally have to cover all your bases just for the chance that they might ask 1 question about the 1 inhaler you couldnt remember. Level of difficulty varies with tests though..which they say they do adjust for when grading. Law and pharmacy operations honestly threw me off more because it’s hard to find good resources to study. I had Weissman, but it’s not updated so I kept second guessing the book which confused me more overall. I hear rxprep law gets updated frequently, buut didnt want to shell out the money. If I were to re-study, I’d try to cover more topics and not overstudy any 1 topic. Hoping for the best...and for speedy results!!!

Thanks for your insight. Did you have many weird brand name questions?

From my understanding, the batch just means our results will come in a group. For example, the last batch was around the end of March to the beginning of May so anyone who took their exam during that time frame will get their results around the same time. The "pre-date" I think is the cut off date for the batch and tells you your results will come soon.

Thanks for your insight. Did you have many weird brand name questions?

Thanks for responding! I feel like I drilled brand/generic and still came across some random one I had zero clue what it was...but otherwise it served me well. They incorporated brand/generic in almost every other q.

Did you get a predate on psi website?
I am asking coz in The ppl who took late March and in April got their results so now for the ppl who took it in May it’s the 1st of June on Friday so is it gonna be like 2 weeks and we get the results or what?!

No predate yet

Took my exam on April 30 and the pre-date I got was May 4 and I received my result May 21. If you took your exam on May 1 and you haven't received your result then the cut off date was April 30. I guess yours will be part of the next batch

Took my exam on April 30 and the pre-date I got was May 4 and I received my result May 21. If you took your exam on May 1 and you haven't received your result then the cut off date was April 30. I guess yours will be part of the next batch
I am just trying to figure out when this batch started that is why I am asking

Are you going to call the board on the 9th? It is almost a month

Did you take the NAPLEX soon . I took the NAPLEX on May 1st and the CPJE on the 14th and haven’t heard anything about either I just know from the website that I passed the NAPLEX
How you know that you passed . Also after what time you found change on the system I took it may 30 and nothing changed in the system yet

Hey guys,
I have a simple question for you, how is the market demand for pharmacist in California now a days?
I’m pharmacist in Florida and the openings here is so limited and there are no good offers

Hey guys,
I have a simple question for you, how is the market demand for pharmacist in California now a days?
I’m pharmacist in Florida and the openings here is so limited and there are no good offers
You will find a job it depends where to look, there is opportunities in the Bay Area but I hear there is not as much in LA

They posted predate on PSI website - 06/09/2018. They should mail results on June 22!

I’m going to start calling once a week now to see if they’ve mailed out the batches yet XD

i took my test on the 9th of may. did anyone else think that test was extremely difficult? this is my second time taking the test