CPR certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZakMeister

RPh
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For inmunization purposes and Adult CPR only, does it have to be renewed from Red Cross or we can just do an online training and that should suffice ?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think each company might have a different approach, too. I've been doing the Red Cross online + in-person skills test variant the last few times.

Yeah, it varies by org. Some places have you do the American Heart Association training.

Reactions: 1 user
State specific. AHA in my case as well, although my state accepts a local group as well as Red Cross and Red Crescent (yes, we have enough practicing Muslims that you will see that every so often engaging in community health outreach around town). Unfortunately, the ethnic (religious group uses the Red Cross) group I belong to uses the very unfortunate symbology of the Red Swastika, which is actually not Nazi related at all (a Chinese organization using the swastika in its original Hindu/Buddhist application of the infinite charity), but because no one remembers that part of history in the US, there's no way it'd be possible put that as the symbol without getting hate crime accusations.

For inmunization purposes and Adult CPR only, does it have to be renewed from Red Cross or we can just do an online training and that should suffice ?

It's also sometimes company-specific. CVS accepted the letter from my school certifying my immunization training. Walmart didn't. They only accept APHA.
As far as life support, I took the ACLS course offered by a local organization. It was painless. You definitely have to make sure the course is for health care providers.

Reactions: 1 user