CPR certification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aubieRx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else go to a pharm school that requires you become CPR certified?

I have to get certified before mid july and the certification has to be kept up to date all through pharmacy school!

:crycrycry:

I took CPR in highschool gym class and got certified but that was years ago. I don't think I am looking forward to publicly locking lips with an androgynous dummy once again :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

I am CPR certified! Just ask the last girl i dated!! hehe but seriously at USC, we are trained and then certified during our first week.

Members don't see this ad :)
BMBiology said:
at USC, we are trained and then certified during our first week.

I'm already CPR and AED certified.. will I have to take the class again anyway?

jammocah said:
I'm already CPR and AED certified.. will I have to take the class again anyway?

good question. I think you need to discuss it with the coordinator. It is only a 2 hour class and it is fun. It is also a good opportunity to meet your fellow classmates.

Midwestern requires CPR certification before PS2 rotations.

we were required to get CPR certification prior to enrollment, but we don't have to keep it current as far as know.

We have to be CPR certified and it has to be American Heat Association (no american red cross). The certification lasts two years and we have to have it the entire time while we are enrolled.

At UF, we must be certified in Adult, Child & Infant CPR and keep it current until we graduate. At last year's recertification class at the Red Cross in Tampa, there were only UF students. It was kind of fun doing the class with people that you know. My current card expires on June 24th, so I need to get enrolled soon.

I wish Ihad titled this CPR and immunizations because the immunizations stuff is kinda similar in the sense its paper work that must be done

I have had a hepatitis B shot but not had a titer count done. This means I have to have a blood sample drawn i think. :( I also need to get a tuberculosis test but those are really not too painful

bananaface said:
I think all schools require immunizatrions.

It's stupid for schools to require titers if you have the series documented.

Yes I thought that was weird too.. but I guess it's only to be extra extra sure that you're immune.. better safe than sorry.

BTW.. has anyone got their titers done yet? Is it expensive? Can free clinics do them?

I'm planning on scheduling mine soon. I imagine it costs at least 50 dollars. It seems like anything medical automatically costs over 50 dollars.

I also thought that the titer thing was silly. Harrison school of pharmacy seems really strict so far on requirments what with the dress code, titer counts, etc.