Crack DAT reading vs real??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AA30

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My DAT is in two weeks and I am still struggling on the reading section...English is not my first language... I am currently using crack the dat for practice and I never scored above a 17! Any advice??? Also, for those who took the DAT already, how is the real DAT compare to CDR?? The passages in CDR can be very long (20-22 paragraphs/passage), I never have enough time to finish it :(

Members don't see this ad.

Crack DAT's RC passages definitely ran pretty long and had too many tone/inference questions. I found the real DAT to be a lot easier in both of those aspects, and I did much better on my real RC than any of Crack DAT's RC tests.

My DAT is in two weeks and I am still struggling on the reading section...English is not my first language... I am currently using crack the dat for practice and I never scored above a 17! Any advice??? Also, for those who took the DAT already, how is the real DAT compare to CDR?? The passages in CDR can be very long (20-22 paragraphs/passage), I never have enough time to finish it :(

Crack DAT RC is actually a fantastic resource. The passages themselves are very similar to what you will see on the DAT (they usually run a longer in crack dat). There are also a lot more inference style questions on crack dat rc. I scored 18-19 consistently on crack dat rc but then ended up with a 24 on the real thing. I think crack dat prepared me very well for the dat although it was way harder. So don't worry!

Members don't see this ad :)
Crack DAT's RC passages definitely ran pretty long and had too many tone/inference questions. I found the real DAT to be a lot easier in both of those aspects, and I did much better on my real RC than any of Crack DAT's RC tests.
Crack DAT RC is actually a fantastic resource. The passages themselves are very similar to what you will see on the DAT (they usually run a longer in crack dat). There are also a lot more inference style questions on crack dat rc. I scored 18-19 consistently on crack dat rc but then ended up with a 24 on the real thing. I think crack dat prepared me very well for the dat although it was way harder. So don't worry!
Would you guys say that the RC questions on the actual DAT were pretty short/straightforward like Crack DAT RC or that they are more complex/longer questions like Bootcamp?

Would you guys say that the RC questions on the actual DAT were pretty short/straightforward like Crack DAT RC or that they are more complex/longer questions like Bootcamp?

Mine were somewhere in between, but it's important to remember that there is a lot of variation between different versions of the DAT. It's very hard to predict what style of question you will experience based on how it went for a few people that likely took a different version of the test than you will.

Reactions: 1 user
Although uncommon, my RC on the DAT was more difficult than Bootcamp & Crack DAT. Nonetheless, keep practicing and reading something scientific everyday.

I felt that the reading section on Crack the DAT was harder/longer than the actual DAT. I never scored above a 20 on the practice tests but ended up with a 25 on the DAT.

I felt that the reading section on Crack the DAT was harder/longer than the actual DAT. I never scored above a 20 on the practice tests but ended up with a 25 on the DAT.
That's good to hear! I am happy with how I did on the Crack DAT RC, so I am hoping my exam is at that level or easier, but of course I am still using Bootcamp tests for extra practice. Also, congrats on that great score in RC :)

So i really didnt do bootcamp rc tests but i can say for my dat, it was mostly fact based questions and not 2nd level ones like crack dat

I would recommend using RC from datqvault for RC along with their Biology + the other resources.
That will give you exposure to other test styles.
Best of luck!