Cracking the PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prepharm727

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm using the Princeton Review: Cracking the PCAT book and was wondering what you all thought about it. Was it any good? Does it have too much unnecessary info or not enough? All reviews would be helpful! Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

That book is huge. From the look of its cover, I didn't expect it to be that thick.:laugh: Anyway, I'm currently using it (and Kaplan) right now. I found the strategy sections very helpful. I like it a lot. But I hate how it doesn't have enough practice problems for me to feel comfortable for the exams.

I have this book too. I love the strategies it gives, I will definitely try them in July. The bio section is sooo much reading. Seems like overkill. The gen Chem section I thought was pretty good because it covered everything I just learned last semester in chem II. I actually used it to study for my final exam for that class! I agree with xkenny, I wish there were more practice problems. But, there are 2 practice exams online to use though if you sign up on princeton review

Members don't see this ad :)
Do anyone know how to get the practice tests I'm having a little trouble using the website. Thank you.

Last edited:
Do anyone know how to get the practice tests I'm having a little trouble using the website. Thank you.

Hi! I'm having the same problem. I registered as the book said, but when clicking on the links provided i get nothing! Did you find a solution? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Yeah I actually did find it after messing around a little....Ok, after you sign up and register for a account. From the home screen you click on "Student Tools" and this should bring up a page that lists "My Prep" and under should read Cracking The PCAT and a link that says "LAunch Online Content" and you should be set!

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of this book. I feel like it has way TOO much information, and the questions are harder than those on the pearson practice test or in other books, in my opinion.
And even when I managed to locate the online practice tests, my tests just wouldn't load. I tried another browser and another computer to no avail. I did manage to have the drills load, but again, the questions seem much harder than others, in my opinion.

IM SELLING THE 2012 UPDATED DR. COLLINS PCAT STUDY GUIDE WITH EVERY SUBJECT THERE IS AND IT INCLUDES A CD with Pearson exams, PCAT AudioLearn, PCAT flashcards. EVERYTHING IS IN GREAT CONDITION AND NOTHING HAS WRITING ON IT WITH NO ANSWERS CIRCLED OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT. IT LOOKS BRAND NEW AND ITS THE LATEST UPDATE!!!!. EMAIL ME ANYTIME AND I SHOULD ANSWER PROMPTLY. I CAN SELL THE CD SEPARATELY OR THE NOTES SEPARATELY AND THE CD ALONE IS $20. SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE JUST ASK. MONEY TRANSACTION CAN BE DONE THROUGH PAY Pal OR IN PERSON IN PUBLIC so we are both safe! If posting is up then product is still available. ITS $90 FOR EVERYTHING LIKE BRAND NEW!!

Some spamming ASS. :thumbdown:

Oh and I agree the book is huge, but strangely enough I feel like it has good information. I dont know if its overkill yet because I havent used any other study guides. I do plan on supplement it with Dr. Collins and I should be set.

I have a question however, for those who took the Princeton Practice Test and the PCAT. Were the questions on par with the real PCAT?

Some of them especially Test 3, but I dnt know whether they are going to use the same one or a different for September. However, I want to know where should i study the vocabulary........