Crazy Pre-meds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Professor Deej

Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any stories about slightly psychotic pre-meds? I dont know if I should call them "gunners" or not, but the people I'm talking about do seem like the type to buy a gun and shoot up the school if things dont go their way. :scared:

A few days ago in lab, I was talking about my plans for med school and my back-up plans in case I don't get in on the first try. After I finished my "speech", I started asking people what their plans were and the first two simply said "I don't know. I haven't thought about it." I turned to the last guy and said "Hey "Mike", what are your plans in case you..." And before I could finish the question, he snapped at me and said "I AM gonna get in!" and shot me a death look. 😕

Everybody at the table stopped and stared at him for a second and then continued with what they were doing.

I know that my story is mediocre, but I was really perplexed by this dude's anger at what I feel is a reasonable question. I mean... Isn't the admission rate at like 40% or something?

Any personal stories would be greatly appreciated. 😳
 
Does anyone have any stories about slightly psychotic pre-meds? I dont know if I should call them "gunners" or not, but the people I'm talking about do seem like the type to buy a gun and shoot up the school if things dont go their way. :scared:

A few days ago in lab, I was talking about my plans for med school and my back-up plans in case I don't get in on the first try. After I finished my "speech", I started asking people what their plans were and the first two simply said "I don't know. I haven't thought about it." I turned to the last guy and said "Hey "Mike", what are your plans in case you..." And before I could finish the question, he snapped at me and said "I AM gonna get in!" and shot me a death look. 😕

Everybody at the table stopped and stared at him for a second and then continued with what they were doing.

I know that my story is mediocre, but I was really perplexed by this dude's anger at what I feel is a reasonable question. I mean... Isn't the admission rate at like 40% or something?

Any personal stories would be greatly appreciated. 😳


Admissions is at closer to 50% I think.
Oh and btw,

I am going to make medical school 😡

:laugh: no but seriously, I go to a pretty non-competitive school where people are clueless arrogant and ignorant pricks. That guy sounds little bit like me, but that is because he is actually more realistic than the falsely laid back people who think "deyyy gottt disssss broo" because they look fresh, have a 3.3 GPA, and drive their daddy's bently. I wouldn't mind switching places with you for a day and inspect these "freaks" :corny:
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.

Really? Maybe I have very low tolerance but that is the definition of psychotic crazy in my book.
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.

Are you serious? wtf? I hope it wasn't one of the BCPM classes. I would have destroyed her life.
Then again, with that attitude, maybe someone one day will write something about me in this thread. 🙄

(I can't believe all of the students couldn't show the email she sent to you guys, and explain the situation)
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.
Effin' crazy!!
 
Are you serious? wtf? I hope it wasn't one of the BCPM classes. I would have destroyed her life.
Then again, with that attitude, maybe someone one day will write something about me in this thread. 🙄

(I can't believe all of the students couldn't show the email she sent to you guys, and explain the situation)

I'd say that poster is a much more patient person than I.... Pretty sure I would have done the same as you and gone out of my way to ensure that person never graduated, much less ever got a decent job or went to medical school. That kind of blatant disregard for others really ticks me off.
 
Really? Maybe I have very low tolerance but that is the definition of psychotic crazy in my book.
Meh, I think karma will strike her back eventually, and if karma doesn't exist then someone is definitely going to punch her in the boob. 😉
Are you serious? wtf? I hope it wasn't one of the BCPM classes. I would have
destroyed her life.
Then again, with that attitude, maybe someone one day
will write something about me in this thread. 🙄

(I
can't believe all of the students couldn't show the email she sent to you guys,
and explain the situation)
it was a psychology class (thank god I tend to get good grades in those) Again refer to the karma or boob punching thing.
Effin' crazy!!
No... just a really big bitch.😉
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.

No, she's pretty darn crazy. At my school, she would've gotten into some serious trouble (I'm talking IA-- expulsion, suspension, etc.).
 
I'd say that poster is a much more patient person than I.... Pretty sure I would have done the same as you and gone out of my way to ensure that person never graduated, much less ever got a decent job or went to medical school. That kind of blatant disregard for others really ticks me off.
I don't think I'm patient per se, just not vindictive enough to exact revenge of that magnitude, plus i'm really lazy 😴
 
No, she's pretty darn crazy. At my school, she would've gotten into some serious trouble (I'm talking IA-- expulsion, suspension, etc.).

Yeah at mine too, you can't pull that kind of **** and not expect anything to happen.
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.

😱 You are a better person than me, bro. I don't believe in karma, so I would've taken the liberty of running her down with my car to make sure that justice was served!

Okay okay... Maybe I wouldn't have ran her over but I definitely would've found a (passive-aggressive) way to get her back! Grrrr... 😡
 
Yes, I have decided to take some science classes online to see what they are like, I probably won't leave singing and acting for a while though 🙂

LOL I JUST got that. Haha.

Oh dear. If it took me that long to get that, the MCAT is going to be a killer. :scared:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Admissions is at closer to 50% I think.
Oh and btw,

I am going to make medical school 😡

:laugh: no but seriously, I go to a pretty non-competitive school where people are clueless arrogant and ignorant pricks. That guy sounds little bit like me, but that is because he is actually more realistic than the falsely laid back people who think "deyyy gottt disssss broo" because they look fresh, have a 3.3 GPA, and drive their daddy's bently. I wouldn't mind switching places with you for a day and inspect these "freaks" :corny:

I dont know. I think it's arrogant for ANYONE to assume that they are going to get into med school.. regardless of how great their GPA is. Especially when it seems like EVERYONE is trying to get into med school since the economy tanked. But what do I know? I'm just another clueless pre-med. 🙁 😛

I'd say that poster is a much more patient person than I.... Pretty sure I would have done the same as you and gone out of my way to ensure that person never graduated, much less ever got a decent job or went to medical school. That kind of blatant disregard for others really ticks me off.

+1
 
I dont know. I think it's arrogant for ANYONE to assume that they are going to get into med school.. regardless of how great their GPA is. Especially when it seems like EVERYONE is trying to get into med school since the economy tanked. But what do I know? I'm just another clueless pre-med. 🙁 😛

Certainly. I'm sorry I was vague in my comment. I meant to make a distinction between people who are realistic/optimistic and blind/ignorant/arrogant.
As a side note, arrogance should never be a quality of a physician, but leadership should be. A premed who is humble but confident is a very attractive candidate for medicine. Its a thin line though, a little bit too under, and you are ignorant, a little bit too over, and you are arrogant.
 
Certainly. I'm sorry I was vague in my comment. I meant to make a distinction between people who are realistic/optimistic and blind/ignorant/arrogant.
As a side note, arrogance should never be a quality of a physician, but leadership should be. A premed who is humble but confident is a very attractive candidate for medicine. Its a thin line though, a little bit too under, and you are ignorant, a little bit too over, and you are arrogant.

I agree 👍
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.

No, she's pretty darn crazy. At my school, she would've gotten into some serious trouble (I'm talking IA-- expulsion, suspension, etc.).

Actually, wait. Let me put it to you this way, even Dexter would've "dealt" with her, if you know what I mean.
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.

Wha?!?! How did she play it off? Like it was a joke or "that's the way it is" mentality? I can't believe she made it out of that with no retaliation from anyone. I tend to be patient, but sabatoging behavior of this magnitude would have definitely resulted in a throat punch....
:slap:
 
Let's see, I see a lot more crazy pre-meds in NYC than I ever did at ASU. Just dumb pre-meds there....

1) Pre-med "expects" (his wording) to be an author on a paper after doing me the favor of downloading a list of publications and titling them. Of note, pre-med had the opportunity to participate more fully in the project, but chose to spend 4 out of every 5 lab days shadowing.

2) High school pre-med who asked female medical students and residents about their sexual experiences.

3) High school pre-med who claimed to have past sexual encounters with transvestite strippers.

4) Standard pre-meds who were very pushy about knowing everyones stats on past standardized exams.

5) Overly superior pre-med who commented to me that I must have found it really hard getting into medical school coming from ASU 🙄. Same pre-med was "choosing" to go to public uni because "they had a better neuroscience program than the Ivies".

6) Pre-med who took repeated tours of the medical school during his interview season to "demonstrate interest", despite not being invited to interview.

7) Pre-med who was waitlisted that showed up to revisit weekend uninvited and forced a second interview out of the dean of admissions.

8) Pre-med who wanted an expense account after being explicitly told that her position was volunteering in nature.
 
Last edited:
Let's see, I see a lot more crazy pre-meds in NYC than I ever did at ASU. Just dumb pre-meds there....

1) Pre-med "expects" (his wording) to be an author on a paper after doing me the favor of downloading a list of publications and titling them. Of note, pre-med had the opportunity to participate more fully in the project, but chose to spend 4 out of every 5 lab days shadowing.

2) High school pre-med who asked female medical students and residents about their sexual experiences.

3) High school pre-med who claimed to have past sexual encounters with transvestite strippers.

4) Standard pre-meds who were very pushy about knowing everyones stats on past standardized exams.

5) Overly superior pre-med who commented to me that I must have found it really hard getting into medical school coming from ASU 🙄. Same pre-med was "choosing" to go to public uni because "they had a better neuroscience program than the Ivies".

6) Pre-med who took repeated tours of the medical school during his interview season to "demonstrate interest", despite not being invited to interview.

7) Pre-med who was waitlisted that showed up to revisit weekend uninvited and forced a second interview out of the dean of admissions.

wtf? lol. That is nice. I would love to hear more about how that conversation went... :laugh:
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.

I find it really hard to believe that you all got Fs, but there were no repercussions for her! She would have most definitely had to face the student conduct board at my school and gotten an official warning on her record for this. You should have filed a complaint with the dean.
 
I find it really hard to believe that you all got Fs, but there were no repercussions for her! She would have most definitely had to face the student conduct board at my school and gotten an official warning on her record for this. You should have filed a complaint with the dean.
people complained about the email but the professor stuck with his "you should have known better and checked with me before not coming to class" thing. If the girl did get punished (and i doubt she did) then i don't know about it.
 
I've come across a few "crazy pre-meds". It all started when I signed up for this website called Student Doctor Network.....
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.

Isn't the foundation for being a doctor the desire to help people? To respect others, be honest, ethical, etc etc? This girl sounds pretty scary.

I go to a small, religious school where people (especially premeds to other premeds) help each other a lot and will go out of their way if needed to help another peer who is struggling. Not only that, most of the premeds at my school are happy when other premeds succeed and are even happier if they helped them understand that hard concept/topic/etc. Granted, it can be argued that it's not good preparation for the "real world" cutthroat mentality, but for the time being helping boost your peers up pays off especially when you need help and are in such a strong support system!

I just read that last paragraph and realize I sound like I'm living in some kind of weird Pleasantville :-/ hahahaha
 
You're story is mediocre at best

Does anyone have any stories about slightly psychotic pre-meds? I dont know if I should call them "gunners" or not, but the people I'm talking about do seem like the type to buy a gun and shoot up the school if things dont go their way. :scared:

A few days ago in lab, I was talking about my plans for med school and my back-up plans in case I don't get in on the first try. After I finished my "speech", I started asking people what their plans were and the first two simply said "I don't know. I haven't thought about it." I turned to the last guy and said "Hey "Mike", what are your plans in case you..." And before I could finish the question, he snapped at me and said "I AM gonna get in!" and shot me a death look. 😕

Everybody at the table stopped and stared at him for a second and then continued with what they were doing.

I know that my story is mediocre, but I was really perplexed by this dude's anger at what I feel is a reasonable question. I mean... Isn't the admission rate at like 40% or something?

Any personal stories would be greatly appreciated. 😳
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.


wow do you know what became of her after that? I'm sure someone retaliated. If that happened to me I would have ended her.
 
Let's see, I see a lot more crazy pre-meds in NYC than I ever did at ASU. Just dumb pre-meds there....
Dude, I am convinced that people in NYC are of an entirely different breed. :laugh:

1) Pre-med "expects" (his wording) to be an author on a paper after doing me the favor of downloading a list of publications and titling them. Of note, pre-med had the opportunity to participate more fully in the project, but chose to spend 4 out of every 5 lab days shadowing.

Wow.. I don't think I would've put him down as an author. He can throw a b****-fit all he wants.

2) High school pre-med who asked female medical students and residents about their sexual experiences.
:eyebrow:

3) High school pre-med who claimed to have past sexual encounters with transvestite strippers.
:wtf: 🤣
4) Standard pre-meds who were very pushy about knowing everyones stats on past standardized exams.
Ugh.. biggest pet peeve

5) Overly superior pre-med who commented to me that I must have found it really hard getting into medical school coming from ASU 🙄. Same pre-med was "choosing" to go to public uni because "they had a better neuroscience program than the Ivies".
:laugh: Seriously? I guess he spent so much time convincing himself of that that he now expects everyone else to believe it as well.

6) Pre-med who took repeated tours of the medical school during his interview season to "demonstrate interest", despite not being invited to interview.
:lame: you have GOT to be kidding me.

7) Pre-med who was waitlisted that showed up to revisit weekend uninvited and forced a second interview out of the dean of admissions.
:uhno: That probably would've been a good time to utilize security. Do you know if he got in?

8) Pre-med who wanted an expense account after being explicitly told that her position was volunteering in nature.
Talk about entitled. :annoyed:
.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No that student was rejected immediately.

I would think so.... Pretty hard to make the argument that you are the epitome of professionalism after doing something like that! :laugh:

Nevertheless, you gotta admit that kid had some balls to try something like that...or ridiculous levels of desperation! Regardless, probably not going to be real successful in life with that kind of lack of common sense...
 
I think this kind of thing belongs here...

There is this kid, pre-med freshman like myself, in a few of my classes who is OBSESSED with getting >100% on everything. He does this to the point where it is disruptive to his classmates. For example, he'll theatrically sob and loudly moan about how disappointed he is with his scores until someone asks what he got. If nobody asks, he'll eventually offer up the information himself by saying something like, "I only got 100. I missed the extra credit point. This is TERRIBLE." He does this right in front of people who got Cs or lower, too, without any apology or explanation for his blatant disrespect.

If he did only that, then okay, maybe I could understand. He's got high standards for himself. But when he starts criticizing other people for not having the same expectations about their scores, I get upset. I was once talking with this girl about a hard chem test that she had just gotten back, and she was telling me how proud of herself she was for getting a 90. This kid swoops down and exclaims how horrible her score is and how embarrassed she must be. He then says, no joke, "I would be SO ASHAMED if I had gotten a 90. Like, I'd want to kill myself. Wow. You need a tutor. You really need tutoring. I can help you, if you want. You just really need it." And this girl just sat there, so shocked and upset and offended that he had completely undermined her happiness. I tried to stand up for her, but it was just really awkward. He'll also interrupt conversations in which someone is talking about how hard their class is to profess about how easy it is.

He and I are on friendly terms, so I've mentioned to him before that he should maybe not talk so openly about his evaluations of classes / grades, but he doesn't seem to understand. Or care. I think he has some serious self-esteem issues. He pretends to be in distress just for the sake of bragging a lot of the time, which is very frustrating. I've taken to sharply veering in the opposite direction if I see him coming.

Sorry to vent, I'm just really annoyed with the attitude and inconsiderateness of some people! Hopefully they are very much the minority in medical school 🙂
 
I think this kind of thing belongs here...

There is this kid, pre-med freshman like myself, in a few of my classes who is OBSESSED with getting >100% on everything. He does this to the point where it is disruptive to his classmates. For example, he'll theatrically sob and loudly moan about how disappointed he is with his scores until someone asks what he got. If nobody asks, he'll eventually offer up the information himself by saying something like, "I only got 100. I missed the extra credit point. This is TERRIBLE." He does this right in front of people who got Cs or lower, too, without any apology or explanation for his blatant disrespect.

If he did only that, then okay, maybe I could understand. He's got high standards for himself. But when he starts criticizing other people for not having the same expectations about their scores, I get upset. I was once talking with this girl about a hard chem test that she had just gotten back, and she was telling me how proud of herself she was for getting a 90. This kid swoops down and exclaims how horrible her score is and how embarrassed she must be. He then says, no joke, "I would be SO ASHAMED if I had gotten a 90. Like, I'd want to kill myself. Wow. You need a tutor. You really need tutoring. I can help you, if you want. You just really need it." And this girl just sat there, so shocked and upset and offended that he had completely undermined her happiness. I tried to stand up for her, but it was just really awkward. He'll also interrupt conversations in which someone is talking about how hard their class is to profess about how easy it is.

He and I are on friendly terms, so I've mentioned to him before that he should maybe not talk so openly about his evaluations of classes / grades, but he doesn't seem to understand. Or care. I think he has some serious self-esteem issues. He pretends to be in distress just for the sake of bragging a lot of the time, which is very frustrating. I've taken to sharply veering in the opposite direction if I see him coming.

Sorry to vent, I'm just really annoyed with the attitude and inconsiderateness of some people! Hopefully they are very much the minority in medical school 🙂

Lol. You should totally get a 105 on an exam, when he *only* gets a 100, and then you should make him cry. Like literally, ****ing cry. You should discuss what a failure he is, how his 100 is nothing compared to the 110's kids get at Harvard, how only the Carrib schools will want him because he is an underachiever, how he is ruining the next 50+ years of his life..... you know, make him cry. Maybe then he won't pick on innocent girls. :xf:
 
people complained about the email but the professor stuck with his "you should have known better and checked with me before not coming to class" thing. If the girl did get punished (and i doubt she did) then i don't know about it.

That's pretty idiotic of the professor. You should kick this up to the dean.
 
I've come across a few "crazy pre-meds". It all started when I signed up for this website called Student Doctor Network.....

qft

I owe this site for my knowledge, my humility with regard to the med process and my undying (dare I say it) neuroticism.
😀
 
I think this kind of thing belongs here...

There is this kid, pre-med freshman like myself, in a few of my classes who is OBSESSED with getting >100% on everything. He does this to the point where it is disruptive to his classmates. For example, he'll theatrically sob and loudly moan about how disappointed he is with his scores until someone asks what he got. If nobody asks, he'll eventually offer up the information himself by saying something like, "I only got 100. I missed the extra credit point. This is TERRIBLE." He does this right in front of people who got Cs or lower, too, without any apology or explanation for his blatant disrespect.

If he did only that, then okay, maybe I could understand. He's got high standards for himself. But when he starts criticizing other people for not having the same expectations about their scores, I get upset. I was once talking with this girl about a hard chem test that she had just gotten back, and she was telling me how proud of herself she was for getting a 90. This kid swoops down and exclaims how horrible her score is and how embarrassed she must be. He then says, no joke, "I would be SO ASHAMED if I had gotten a 90. Like, I'd want to kill myself. Wow. You need a tutor. You really need tutoring. I can help you, if you want. You just really need it." And this girl just sat there, so shocked and upset and offended that he had completely undermined her happiness. I tried to stand up for her, but it was just really awkward. He'll also interrupt conversations in which someone is talking about how hard their class is to profess about how easy it is.

He and I are on friendly terms, so I've mentioned to him before that he should maybe not talk so openly about his evaluations of classes / grades, but he doesn't seem to understand. Or care. I think he has some serious self-esteem issues. He pretends to be in distress just for the sake of bragging a lot of the time, which is very frustrating. I've taken to sharply veering in the opposite direction if I see him coming.

Sorry to vent, I'm just really annoyed with the attitude and inconsiderateness of some people! Hopefully they are very much the minority in medical school 🙂

You'd be surprised how many professors would be willing to take him down a notch or two...especially on subjective test material. Most people don't like melodramatic buttheads like this dude.
 
There was a guy very similar to that in my chemistry class, and when the professor would ask a question he would always give a 45 second, way overly complicated answer to a really simple question. He would then sit in the very front and center row of the lecture hall and look at bikini pictures of SI girls on his laptop with a huge screen the entire class every day without fail. Then he would talk about how easy the material was and say "i cant believe you dont understand this (although it was his second time taking the class) and say how sub par my school was because it "doesn't teach the students to critically think." finally, one day he snottily gave one of his huge, overly complicated answers and the professor stopped, looked at him, and said "I don't have the slightest idea what you just said. I'm just going to pretend no one heard that." he said it in a light way, but i could tell the words still stung and the whole class laughed. I almost feel sorry for him..... Almost.
 
There was this one occasion where a girl mailed the entire class on the day of an exam and told everyone class was canceled. Needless to say, a large majority of the class *including me* fell for it, ended up getting Fs with no chance of a retake because apparently it was our own responsibility. I don't think the girl as crazy, crafty and coniving yes, gunner? definitely. but not really crazy.

Why would you believe a student saying the class was cancelled? ESPECIALLY on the day of an exam? I dunno, but at my institution, all of that is handled by the professor. Maybe people at your school are just more trusting than mine...
 
There was a guy very similar to that in my chemistry class, and when the professor would ask a question he would always give a 45 second, way overly complicated answer to a really simple question. He would then sit in the very front and center row of the lecture hall and look at bikini pictures of SI girls on his laptop with a huge screen the entire class every day without fail. Then he would talk about how easy the material was and say "i cant believe you dont understand this (although it was his second time taking the class) and say how sub par my school was because it "doesn't teach the students to critically think." finally, one day he snottily gave one of his huge, overly complicated answers and the professor stopped, looked at him, and said "I don't have the slightest idea what you just said. I'm just going to pretend no one heard that." he said it in a light way, but i could tell the words still stung and the whole class laughed. I almost feel sorry for him..... Almost.

:laugh:Love it

I hope these unsavory aspects of his personality shine through during his med school interviews.

Don't we all....
 
i wouldn't believe any email for my class w/ regards to exams, cancelled classes, etc w/o it coming straight from the professor or ta. i dont even trust "study guides" ppl send out w/o double checking their work.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i wouldn't believe any email for my class w/ regards to exams, cancelled classes, etc w/o it coming straight from the professor or ta. i dont even trust "study guides" ppl send out w/o double checking their work.

Agree with ^

I would love to trust others and feel that people are inherently "good". However, I'm too much of a realist to fall for that nonsense.....:laugh:
 
Why would you believe a student saying the class was cancelled? ESPECIALLY on the day of an exam? I dunno, but at my institution, all of that is handled by the professor. Maybe people at your school are just more trusting than mine...

I would probably not give the student too much credence and end up showing up anyways (or ask the prof).

But I can see why people might listen to a classmate. In college, people are adults and are inherently supposed to act somewhat professionally in regards to classes.
 
I would probably not give the student too much credence and end up showing up anyways (or ask the prof).

But I can see why people might listen to a classmate. In college, people are adults and are inherently supposed to act somewhat professionally in regards to classes.

Yeah, I would have definitely emailed the professor to double check. It just seems shady as hell to me if a student emailed me saying an exam was cancelled.

Still, I don't understand how the student didn't face any disciplinary action.