Credits vs GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Credits vs GPA

  • 3.3-3.4 (15-18 credits)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3.9 (12-13 credits)

    Votes: 10 100.0%

  • Total voters
    10

ateria

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it better to take 15-18 credits and get a 3.3-3.4 or take 12-13 and get a 3.9? How do you think adcoms will take each scenario
 
Is it better to take 15-18 credits and get a 3.3-3.4 or take 12-13 and get a 3.9? How do you think adcoms will take each scenario
I am thinking the latter. Because of my major and prereqs, I did EXACTLY the former and I don't think it's making me look good. We'll see in a few months.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh God, I remember when I had a maxed credit semester. Never do that to yourself OP. Slay your semester and spend your extra time getting golden ECs
 
Thanks guys! I have 38 credits to makes my GPA competitive.. does not help that I decided in my third year to apply to dental school... I hope adcoms don't look down on me for having a lower course load...
 
GPA> CREDITS!!!!! Funny thing was I was doing 14-16 credit semesters and getting sub 3.4s. Then I ramp it up to 16 and 20 and get 3.81 and 3.78... What are the odds of that...
 
In all honesty though 12-13 isn't super low. I'd say under 12 is cause for concern (part time student) and even then if you have a legit reason (working to pay for school) it wouldn't be that bad.