Credits vs GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Credits vs GPA

• 3.3-3.4 (15-18 credits)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3.9 (12-13 credits)

Votes: 10 100.0%

• Total voters

ateria

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it better to take 15-18 credits and get a 3.3-3.4 or take 12-13 and get a 3.9? How do you think adcoms will take each scenario

Members don't see this ad.

I vote 3.9! I did the whole first scenario deal and wished I wouldn't have

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 user
Is it better to take 15-18 credits and get a 3.3-3.4 or take 12-13 and get a 3.9? How do you think adcoms will take each scenario
I am thinking the latter. Because of my major and prereqs, I did EXACTLY the former and I don't think it's making me look good. We'll see in a few months.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh God, I remember when I had a maxed credit semester. Never do that to yourself OP. Slay your semester and spend your extra time getting golden ECs

Thanks guys! I have 38 credits to makes my GPA competitive.. does not help that I decided in my third year to apply to dental school... I hope adcoms don't look down on me for having a lower course load...

GPA> CREDITS!!!!! Funny thing was I was doing 14-16 credit semesters and getting sub 3.4s. Then I ramp it up to 16 and 20 and get 3.81 and 3.78... What are the odds of that...

In all honesty though 12-13 isn't super low. I'd say under 12 is cause for concern (part time student) and even then if you have a legit reason (working to pay for school) it wouldn't be that bad.

I didn't know these two were inversely correlated. Why not shoot for a 4.0 in either sense?