Creighton 2009 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PrePharmD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied to Creighton (distance pathway) and am wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding interviews? For current Creighton students, around when/how will they contact us to let us know if we will be offered an interview? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

According to PharmCAS, they'll start contacting us for interviews in January.

If it's anything like last application cycle, interviews begin in January, and continue until late March (I believe). Interview notifications are by email.

Members don't see this ad :)
This is my second time applying for the campus pathway, so I'm hoping to get an interview invite this time. :luck: In the last application cycle, I was placed on the alternate list without an interview and eventually got rejected in June. I still haven't started on my supplemental application, so I'm looking forward to starting on it once I finish with my other apps that are due in one week! :eek:

This is my second time applying for the campus pathway, so I'm hoping to get an interview invite this time. :luck: In the last application cycle, I was placed on the alternate list without an interview and eventually got rejected in June. I still haven't started on my supplemental application, so I'm looking forward to starting on it once I finish with my other apps that are due in one week! :eek:

Last edited:
I applied to Creighton (distance pathway) and am wondering if anyone has heard anything regarding interviews? For current Creighton students, around when/how will they contact us to let us know if we will be offered an interview? Thanks!

I was contacted end of Nov/start of Dec. I believe for the Jan. 25th date last yr.

Do they send out invites for everyone at the same time, or split it up into campus and distance pathways?

According to PharmCAS, they'll start contacting us for interviews in January.

I'm currently a Creighton distance student (P1). Just to give you all an idea of the timeline last year: I submitted my PharmCAS application about a month before Creighton's deadline, then submitted my supplemental just before the deadline, and got an interview invite around Dec. 20. I went to the earliest interview (Jan 25 or so) and got my acceptance letter in early March. I would suggest to choose an early interview if you can.

I am curious how long it took Creighton to respond with what day you were interviewing, after you accepted their invitation for an interview

1. Creighton reviews applications weekly (once the application is complete), and notifies applicants weekly. Interview invites/declines have already begun to be sent out.

2. Interview invites/declines are sent to both campus and distance at the same time.

3. The first interview date is early December, the 5th.

4. Interview invites are notified via email. Declines, I'm not sure.

Good luck to everyone! Creighton is an incredible place to attend pharmacy school!!!

I'm SEARCHING for any sign of hope since I didn't get in to the other school I applied to (U of MN). I'm searching for anybody who got in to Creighton distance with a low PCAT score?? Anybody????

How low are you talking?

How low are you talking?

71 composite, low reading and QA subscores. I have no idea what happened with the reading (52) but I wrote about the QA portion (42) in my essay since I was put on bedrest with preeclampsia this summer and wasn't able to take calculus before the exam. I'm just feeling pretty bummed. I will have to wait til next year to apply if I don't get in to Creighton since I have to stay in MN (my dad is on a heart transplant list here). Bummed. :( ANYBODY want to give me an ounce of hope???

Members don't see this ad :)
First, don't give up hope - anything is possible. That being said, I'm not sure if the 71 is as harmful as the 42 in QA - they do have preferences for minimum scores in each area, but those aren't hard and fast rules.

Is there no way to take the PCAT again? I know we have some folks in our class who took the January PCAT - of course, they weren't invited for interviews until later in the cycle (March) because of the wait for their scores, but at this point, I don't think it would hurt. Is the rest of your application pretty strong?

Good luck - hang in there!

71 composite, low reading and QA subscores. I have no idea what happened with the reading (52) but I wrote about the QA portion (42) in my essay since I was put on bedrest with preeclampsia this summer and wasn't able to take calculus before the exam. I'm just feeling pretty bummed. I will have to wait til next year to apply if I don't get in to Creighton since I have to stay in MN (my dad is on a heart transplant list here). Bummed. :( ANYBODY want to give me an ounce of hope???
I think you are a good applicant; you are, however, limited by geography. Isn't UF planning to start a distance PharmD program?

First, don't give up hope - anything is possible. That being said, I'm not sure if the 71 is as harmful as the 42 in QA - they do have preferences for minimum scores in each area, but those aren't hard and fast rules.

Is there no way to take the PCAT again? I know we have some folks in our class who took the January PCAT - of course, they weren't invited for interviews until later in the cycle (March) because of the wait for their scores, but at this point, I don't think it would hurt. Is the rest of your application pretty strong?

Good luck - hang in there!

I'm pretty sure I could get in somewhere but like medicalcpa said, I am limited in where I can apply. I posted my stats under the U of MN thread. Could you take a look and tell me what you think? There are a couple of HUGE things I am missing such as a bachelor's degree and I don't have a ton of pharmacy experience. I just started volunteering in an inpatient pharmacy a few months ago. This year has just pretty much been the year from hell starting with my husband losing his job, losing our house, a high risk pregnancy/bedrest/trying to take care of kids/school/pharmacy applications with no money, my dad being on a heart transplant list, and now being pretty much rejected from my state school. I know other people have it way worse but I am getting to the point of giving up. Maybe this wasn't meant to happen. One year of waiting also means one more year of my lost income and I have a family I need to help support. I want to scream.

Do you think I should withdraw my application and see if they will let me retake the PCAT in January? I'm sure I would do MUCH BETTER since I was under a lot of stress at that time and hadn't taken calculus yet (which I'm currently enrolled in with a 97%). The first time I took the PCAT, I was supposed to be on bedrest and talked my Dr. into letting me take it, I used two desks because I was so big (one for the seat and the desk of the other), the Sheriff sale on my house in forclosure was on the 22nd, the test was on the 23rd, and I gave birth the 27th. Maybe this just isn't my year.

I think you are a good applicant; you are, however, limited by geography. Isn't UF planning to start a distance PharmD program?

It doesn't look like it from their website unless I'm missing something? I wish... I might just have to wait until next year:(.

Hi - I sent you a PM PrePharmD. ;)

It doesn't look like it from their website unless I'm missing something? I wish... I might just have to wait until next year:(.
I checked, and the online PharmD program is for people with a BS in Pharmacy. Sorry.

I checked, and the online PharmD program is for people with a BS in Pharmacy. Sorry.

That's incorrect. You do not need to have a BS for the online (or any other) PharmD program. No one offers BS Pharmacy anymore - that was from pre-1990's. All programs are PharmD now.

That's incorrect. You do not need to have a BS for the online (or any other) PharmD program. No one offers BS Pharmacy anymore - that was from pre-1990's. All programs are PharmD now.

What he meant is that the program is for people who are already pharmacists with a BS and want to obtain the PharmD.

What I meant was that the online PharmD program at UF was for practicing pharmacists with a BS in pharmacy.

What he meant is that the program is for people who are already pharmacists with a BS and want to obtain the PharmD.

Again, you don't need to have a BS Pharmacy to be accepted into the Creighton online program. Trust me, I'm in the program.

Many pharmacy schools (including the U of MN, I know) have classes for pharmacists who have their BS Pharmacy from years ago. The Creighton online program is not geared toward these people.

Some misunderstanding is going on here. I mentioned that I thought UF was starting an online PharmD program, then I checked and found out that the online PharmD program at UF is for practicing pharmacists with a BS in Pharmacy.

I applied to Creighton last year (and several people from my school have been accepted there), and I know that they offer an online entry level PharmD for which you do not need a BS in pharmacy. At this time, according to AACP, Creighton is the only pharmacy school in the US that offers an online entry level PharmD program.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Hey Everyone,

How do we pay the supplemental fee? Is it paid via credit card after the supplemental form is submitted online? I know it is due on Monday so I'm finishing up my essay but I was curious how the fee would need to be paid. Thank you :)

Hey rowerpharm,
I am in the same boat as you! Just finished and submitted my app on Thursday! You will have the option to pay with a credit card/debit card once you submit the completed app! Good Luck!

Hey rowerpharm,
I am in the same boat as you! Just finished and submitted my app on Thursday! You will have the option to pay with a credit card/debit card once you submit the completed app! Good Luck!

Awesome! Thank you so much for the response. I was nervous that if I submitted the application tomorrow that I would be out of luck if I had to actually send in a payment rather than just paying through credit card online. Glad to know that it can all be completed online.

Good luck to you as well!

Some misunderstanding is going on here. I mentioned that I thought UF was starting an online PharmD program, then I checked and found out that the online PharmD program at UF is for practicing pharmacists with a BS in Pharmacy.

I applied to Creighton last year (and several people from my school have been accepted there), and I know that they offer an online entry level PharmD for which you do not need a BS in pharmacy. At this time, according to AACP, Creighton is the only pharmacy school in the US that offers an online entry level PharmD program.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Correct. There are NO other fully online undergrad to PharmD programs in the US.

Quick question: Is the supplemental application deadline due February 2 or March 1????

Hey rowerpharm,

I just got clarification this morning and the deadline has been extended to March 1st. It as been extended for those who already started their supplemental.

I had to join these forums and make my first post tonight because I just got the e-mail telling me I got an interview....anything is possible!!!

I had to join these forums and make my first post tonight because I just got the e-mail telling me I got an interview....anything is possible!!!

Hey HijoDeDios, Congrats on the interview invite! Have a couple of questions for you...
When did you send in your supplemental? Also what sort of dates are they offering right now for interviews?

Hey HijoDeDios, Congrats on the interview invite! Have a couple of questions for you...
When did you send in your supplemental? Also what sort of dates are they offering right now for interviews?

These are the interview dates that can be found at: http://spahp2.creighton.edu/admission/Apply_EntryPharmacy.htm

Friday, December 5, 2008
Friday, January 23, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Friday, February 20, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
Friday, April 17, 2009

They added a couple more dates too..one more in march and in april. At least thats what I was told when I had to cancel for my interview that was supposed to be today.

I interviewed on January 23. Will I find out my fate today by U.S. Mail or by e-mail? Can I call them?

I interviewed on January 23. Will I find out my fate today by U.S. Mail or by e-mail? Can I call them?

I interviewed on the 23rd and I'm going crazy waiting too! Hopefully we'll hear from them soon.

OMG!!!! I love how I just posted an hour ago and I just got my acceptance letter in the mail about 10 minutes ago! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom called me and was afraid to open it and I told her to just do it lol. I think she's more excited than I am right now...but wow!
YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

PS for those of you waiting for letters from the interview on the 23rd, the letter was postmarked on the 3rd of February, and I live in Denver and got it today.

OMG!!!! I love how I just posted an hour ago and I just got my acceptance letter in the mail about 10 minutes ago! WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! My mom called me and was afraid to open it and I told her to just do it lol. I think she's more excited than I am right now...but wow!

PS for those of you waiting for letters from the interview on the 23rd, the letter was postmarked on the 3rd of February, and I live in Denver and got it today.

congrats! I've been walking to my mailbox every 30 minutes hoping to see if its arrived. Every time I hear a car drive by i'm checking to see if its the mailman.

Got an email from Creighton yesterday mentioning that my application is complete and they will be reviewing from fall through spring. That's not very specific, especially since it's already Feb. Should I call and ask for more specific detail? Or should I wait a little longer, its only been a week since a submitted my supp.

Got an email from Creighton yesterday mentioning that my application is complete and they will be reviewing from fall through spring. That's not very specific, especially since it's already Feb. Should I call and ask for more specific detail? Or should I wait a little longer, its only been a week since a submitted my supp.

You answered your own question. Have some patience :) Give Creighton a chance to review your application!

I recieved this e-mail a few days before I got my interview invite, so it shouldn't be much longer before you know. As for your previous questions, I submitted my supplemental Jan 29th and they offered me February 13th February 20th and March 6th for interview dates. I'm going on the 20th, wish me luck!! And nobody ever give up or think you are not good enough, I got my interview with a 2.98 cum GPA (3.4 in pre-pharm courses) and 85 PCAT. The paper qualities are not all they look for, I still can't believe I have this opportunity.....

Congratulations!

I just got into Creighton! Came home from a tough day at work to get unbelievably good news. YAY!

I just had my interview o Friday. The campus and the people impressed me. The town...is quiet (I am from San Francisco). Overall, I loved the peoples energy! I hope I get in! I am dying...lol

Still waiting on USPS to deliver the news. It didn't come today.

I must say, I am very impressed by how quickly Creighton made their decision. I interviewed Jan. 23rd. They called me 11 days later to let me know I was accepted and my letter came 2 days later. I can't say that about any other school!