Creighton 2009 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Total or spot left? They didn't say how many spot were left, though they were very clear that there was still space in the class and that we weren't interviewing to be alternates or anything like that. Total they did say that they were going to let 115 in the campus route, can't remember the exact number for distance..

Members don't see this ad.

For those who have been accepted, what does Creighton use as their user name and initial password for NEST? I assume they give this information in the acceptance letter so you can log on and take care of paperwork. Just thought that this might be a quicker way to gauge acceptance.

Interviewed on April 17 and got an acceptance call this past Thursday from Kim Johnson.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been accepted, what does Creighton use as their user name and initial password for NEST? I assume they give this information in the acceptance letter so you can log on and take care of paperwork. Just thought that this might be a quicker way to gauge acceptance.

Well, the issue is that while I could tell you how to figure out what your password is, there's no way to tell what your User ID is. That info will come in the envelope with your acceptance letter. So unfortunately trying to log in would not be possible and wouldn't help you figure out whether you've been accepted. I remember looking at a thread from last year's cycle and someone (I think CUBeav) mentioned that you can search for yourself in the directory at the Creighton website - apparently some folks last cycle searched and found themselves in there before they received their acceptance letters. Although, I have looked for myself recently in the directory (received my acceptance letter back in early February), but I'm not in there yet. So who knows. I guess it's worth a shot though! Good luck! :luck:

Interviewed on April 17 and got an acceptance call this past Thursday from Kim Johnson.

Congrats!!! :thumbup: Campus or distance pathway?
I am so excited to meet everyone in the fall.

I got a call from Kim Johnson today and I got pulled off the Waitlist!!!! IM IN!
:soexcited::banana::soexcited:
Now I have to make a decision between U of Colorado and Creighton.

I got a call from Kim Johnson today and I got pulled off the Waitlist!!!! IM IN!
Congrats! I had to make the same decision. It's Creighton for me.

what? pretty sure they don't consider waitlist candidates until the end of May

also they are not allowed to reveal admissions decisions by phone

Ok, believe what you like. I've met Kim more than a couple times, it was definitely her voice on the phone. She's sending the formal letter by both email and snail mail Monday.

Well I've learned that I unfortunately cannot trust Creighton official correspondence, both written and verbal.

Ok I found something that was really shocking. When I went to find out more on the tuition from year to year for Creighton I found this on their site: http://www2.creighton.edu/fileadmin/user/FinancialAid/Docs/0910_tuition_and_fees.pdf . It basically says that for the fourth year they will charge for three semesters, which means it would cost a student 43k for that year of tuition. Please tell me this is wrong!:eek:

No, it's correct. Your fourth year you go the entire year (summer included) during your rotations, so they charge for 3 semester's worth. I would imagine this is the case with most other pharmacy schools out there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Checked U of Colorado and they list full tuition for year four at 16k for in-state students. The same as every other year. They also mention that students are registered for three semester, but they don't charge extra.

Drugdoc, do you know if tuition at Creighton includes healthcare coverage?

Drugdoc, do you know if tuition at Creighton includes healthcare coverage?

No, the tuition is only that, tuition. There is an allowance made for student insurance in the financial aid package, but it is not reflected in the tuition. If you have other insurance (parents, job, spouse, whatever), you don't have to buy theirs.

Creighton can definitely be hard on the bank account and that is a tough decision. In my case, my only in-state option (at the time) was a 5 year school. It would have been cheaper in the end from a tuition perspective even with the additional year tacked on, but that extra year of my life is worth way more than the difference! Good luck whichever you choose!

what? pretty sure they don't consider waitlist candidates until the end of May

also they are not allowed to reveal admissions decisions by phone

I guess only candidates those were not interviewed will be pulled in the end of May or early June.
Did you go for an interview?

I guess only candidates those were not interviewed will be pulled in the end of May or early June.
Did you go for an interview?

After interviewing I did not receive a decision for 6 weeks (c.f. the standard 2 weeks), and whenever I called, they told me they could not convey admissions decisions by phone. The waitlist letter, if I remember correctly, said they would begin reviewing waitlist candidates in mid or late May.

Last edited:
Mine said this as well. Last year they started pulling at this time as well. It's probably more of an estimation . I actually thought it would be late May because they added a couple extra interview dates this year.
I also did not receive anything after the interview for more than a month. It was especially frustrating when my friend got accepted and I still didn't hear anything for another 3 weeks after that.
I finally just ignored it. Till yesterday.

Congratulations! Are you in Campus or Distance Pathway?

I'm in the alternate pool and am a little confused as to whether I should send in all official transcripts from all of the schools I've attended or only updated transcripts from this spring and summer?

Alternates are being pulled from the waitlist and offered admission already based on the response of those offered admission who declined. I know of at least one alternate who received a phone call and subsequent admission letter a week or two ago. If you are at the top of the alternate list, you'll hear sooner than someone at the bottom of the pool.

I was waitlisted for about a month a couple of years ago before being admitted. Let the process run it's course and see what happens.

As far as the money goes, look at it as an investment. I went to see Warren Buffet speak this morning and he made the comment more than once that the best investment you can make is in yourself.

Has anyone who has been accepted heard anything from Creighton other than financial aid/scholarship stuff?

Has anyone who has been accepted heard anything from Creighton other than financial aid/scholarship stuff?

Only that and the required things on the e-orientation site about the background check, which the site says is due like June 16 or somewhere around there.

Only that and the required things on the e-orientation site about the background check, which the site says is due like June 16 or somewhere around there.

You can start / work on your immunization stuff, too. Hepatitis series takes a while, so that one in particular.

I just got the call. I'm officially out of the alternate pool! (But I'm not going to put dancing bananas on my thread, just a smiley face :)).

I was curious if they give you a drug test during welcome week, and also on that saturday of welcome week when do the activities end, I don't know if I'll have time to check out on saturday from the dorms to make it home at a decent hour...can anyone who went through distance welcome week in the past help enlighten me?

This is my second time applying for the campus pathway, so I'm hoping to get an interview invite this time. :luck: In the last application cycle, I was placed on the alternate list without an interview and eventually got rejected in June. I still haven't started on my supplemental application, so I'm looking forward to starting on it once I finish with my other apps that are due in one week! :eek:

HI! I am about to finish my application for pharmacy but i haven't started writing my personal statement yet.....I am deathly nervous n i don't know where i should start writing....can u send me some sample of PS if u have them?...i will really aappreciate it....n also u can tell me where i can find sample of some good PS to look at online.....i have to get done with ps asap....plz help me...thanks

HI! I am about to finish my application for pharmacy but i haven't started writing my personal statement yet.....I am deathly nervous n i don't know where i should start writing....can u send me some sample of PS if u have them?...i will really aappreciate it....n also u can tell me where i can find sample of some good PS to look at online.....i have to get done with ps asap....plz help me...thanks

Dude! It is called "personal" statement! So it needs to come from yourself! No one else!