Creighton 2009 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I retook the PCAT in January and just paid the stupid $20 bucks to view my scores online. All of my scores went up besides my reading which was so bad that it brought my composite score down two points from the first time I took the exam (RC-29). I want to cry. Bye bye Creighton.

Members don't see this ad.

I would still apply if I were you. On my second PCAT I didn't do so well on the chem. My verbal and RC were awesome, math and Bio so/so. My first PCAT I got a good Chem score, but my comp was lower than my second PCAT.
I asked Creighton if they look at both scores or just the PCAT with the higher comp. I was told that they would actually look at both and take the best scores from each test. Creighton looks at all the scores not just the composite.
You really never know, the PCAT is not everything.

Just got my acceptance at the U of M twin cities ..yay!! :laugh:

Hmm now I don't mind waiting to see Creighton!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow... congrats :D. That worked for me for about a day. Got my U of Colorado acceptance (was sure I would be rejected) last thursday. Creighton's my top choice, so it really made me want my third acceptance the next day.

I received an email from Creighton to extend the supplemental deadline to March 8th. Did anyone else get this?

hey there,

I interviewed on the 6th and got my acceptance letter on the 20th. But I am still waiting on UCSF (I'm from san francisco). I loved Creighton and everyone seemed really enthusiastic, but would like to stay close to home (free rent with mom and dad....can you beat that?)

Anywho...Congrats to all and goodluck to those still waiting.

Is anyone else who interviewed on Feb 13 still waiting for a reply? They told me my application was still being reviewed.

I interviewed 2/20. I called today and was told my app. was still in review.

Interviewed on 2/20 for distance, got my acceptance letter 30 minutes ago after getting home from work...........NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Interviewed on 2/20 for distance, got my acceptance letter 30 minutes ago after getting home from work...........NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Grats!!! I just got out of the interview about 4 hours ago. In Dallas waiting on my flight to get home to LAX. The interviewers were extremely friendly, actually, everyone there was. I was really amazed with their staff and their science facilities. They gave a great overview of their school and what they have to offer. Truly one of my top choice school. We will see in three weeks how the interview went.

My friend got an acceptance letter yesterday :D for the campus pathway. She interviewed on 2/20 :woot::woot:

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend got an acceptance letter yesterday :D for the campus pathway. She interviewed on 2/20 :woot::woot:

Yesterday on a Sunday?? Well good for her :)

Am kinda wondering whether they send financial package with it. I mean if they offer scholarships and the like.

Cant wait to see mine...Good Luck to you guys:xf:

Thanx! I'm still hoping for mine in the mail :xf:
It was on a Saturday, posted I believe on a Sunday. I know from the interview they told us that they send your scholarship info(if you'll receive any and how much) two weeks after acceptance so that it can be part of your decision on whether to accept or decline.

Hi guys,

I only applied to Creighton distance pathway, which I am starting to regret. I should have at least applied to 3 or more schools. I finished my supplemental on 3/1 (the last deadline) and I haven't heard anything from them. How soon did you guys get your interview invite and did it come through email?

I also posted on WAMC thread, but I wanted to get some advice from people also applying to Creighton. I have a 3.14 GPA, 99 composite PCAT. I've worked in a clinical lab, I'm a technologist, for the past six years. My degree is in molecular biology and biochemistry and my thesis was published. I also worked in medical research for ~ 3 years before that. But I don't have any ECs or any community service. I did community service about six years ago but I didn't think it was relevant because it was such a long time ago. If you guys have any thoughts or advice, let me know.

Thanks

numbers only mean so much here, I applied to 2 schools, UIC and Creighton distance, didn't even get an interview at UIC but I interviewed 2/20 at Creighton and got my acceptance last Friday. I am 22 years old with 5 years of undergrad and no degree (one more semester could have BS in Bio) my overall GPA is 3.0 and my pre-pharm is 3.4 according to PharmCAS. 85 on the PCAT, my need for the distance program is that I have a 2 year old daughter and the mother would not move with me to any school, there is no pharm school in my city so this is the only way I can stay in my daughter's everyday life. I have worked in a pharmacy as a CPhT for 3 years now, but no other related experience, no volunteer work, had various other jobs none that would apply. I feel that Creighton looks for those who need it and those who have the reasons to dedicate themselves to such a rigorous program more than those who just have the academic marks, or else I would have never recieved an interview invite. Stay positive and if it doesn't work out call and see where you can strengthen your app and try again, if this is what you want then don't give up...I'm still in denial of my own acceptance on try #1

Hey, I have an interview on March 27th... will anyone else be there?!

numbers only mean so much here, I applied to 2 schools, UIC and Creighton distance, didn't even get an interview at UIC but I interviewed 2/20 at Creighton and got my acceptance last Friday. I am 22 years old with 5 years of undergrad and no degree (one more semester could have BS in Bio) my overall GPA is 3.0 and my pre-pharm is 3.4 according to PharmCAS. 85 on the PCAT, my need for the distance program is that I have a 2 year old daughter and the mother would not move with me to any school, there is no pharm school in my city so this is the only way I can stay in my daughter's everyday life. I have worked in a pharmacy as a CPhT for 3 years now, but no other related experience, no volunteer work, had various other jobs none that would apply. I feel that Creighton looks for those who need it and those who have the reasons to dedicate themselves to such a rigorous program more than those who just have the academic marks, or else I would have never recieved an interview invite. Stay positive and if it doesn't work out call and see where you can strengthen your app and try again, if this is what you want then don't give up...I'm still in denial of my own acceptance on try #1

HijoDeDios, you give me so much hope! Congratulations!

Thanks for your advice and encouragement. Congratulations on your acceptance!

Hey, I have an interview on March 27th... will anyone else be there?!

When did you get your invite? They just received my January PCAT a few weeks ago so now I'm checking my email nonstop. Hopefully I'm lucky enough to receive an interview!

When did you get your invite? They just received my January PCAT a few weeks ago so now I'm checking my email nonstop. Hopefully I'm lucky enough to receive an interview!

I actually got my invite a while ago, at the beginning of February. But I couldn't attend any of the dates they offered me in the e-mail, so I had to request a later date and they gave me March 27th. They do send the invite by e-mail though, so just keep checking! Good luck!

HijoDeDios, you give me so much hope! Congratulations!

Thanks! I'm glad I can at least do that much, just know that if it's something you want there is nothing that can stop you but yourself!

WOOOT, i just recieved a called from them. They said the admission committee just met today and made decisions for the 3/6 interviewees. I got in into the campus pathway!!!!! :eek: That was so fast. 1 week after interview. Hooray!!!

Last edited:
WOOOT, i just recieved a called from them. They said the admission committee just met today and made decisions for the 3/6 interviewees. I got in into the campus pathway!!!!! :eek: That was so fast. 1 week after interview. Hooray!!!

congrats!!! i just received a phone call earlier today too!!! :soexcited: :soexcited::soexcited:

I got a phone call today, and got accepted to their campus pathway. My interview was on 3/6 so it was a very quick turn around:D

I got a phone call today, and got accepted to their campus pathway. My interview was on 3/6 so it was a very quick turn around:D

congrats to everyone who has been accepted. i was also at the interview on the 6th of march and i got a call yesterday :) and dont worry, my grades were not very spectacular and neither was my pcat scores. dont be nervous for those who still need to be interviewed. my interviewers were very nice and they tried making you feel comfy. it was just conversational. they didnt fire questions at you either but they tried making you laugh. goodluck to those still interviewing :thumbup:

Hey guys I also interviewed on March 6th for the campus pathway, I received a call from Creighton on Friday the 13th too, but I missed it. Now I have to wait till Monday to find out!!! Hopefully, I will get some great news too!!

hey so all you guys who got phone calls, were for campus pathway?

Who else was placed on the alternate list for the campus pathway? The letter says they wait until may to review the alternates but the admission's office said they review them periodically. Has anyone gotten in already who was placed on the alternate list after an interview?

Who else was placed on the alternate list for the campus pathway? The letter says they wait until may to review the alternates but the admission's office said they review them periodically. Has anyone gotten in already who was placed on the alternate list after an interview?

Alternates are not offered admission until interviews are over.

Its official guys the call that I missed on Friday was to let me know I was accepted!!! Creighton University c/o 2013 campus pathway.

Last edited:
Its official guys the call that I missed on Friday was to let me know I was accepted!!! Creighton University c/o 2013 campus pathway.

for everyone in the campus pathway, where do you guys plan on staying? I looked online for a few apartment complexes by school but has anyone looked at any of them? suggestions?

for everyone in the campus pathway, where do you guys plan on staying? I looked online for a few apartment complexes by school but has anyone looked at any of them? suggestions?

I looked online at the info the school has on Heider hall...or the apartment living for graduate/professional students. It looks like it's just on the south side of I-80, but definitely still walkable/bikeable to class. I also looked online for apartments...there is oddly enough a building right next to Heider hall that is cheaper, but the rooms look a lot smaller and I'm not exactly sure what is included...the reviews for it looked about average. That's all I've looked at so far..I'm sure there's more places that are reasonable, just farther away.

I've been checking out apartments too, but a lot of the ones I've been looking at that are near to campus are pretty expensive, and don't appear to be terribly large. I've heard the commute from the west side of town isn't great, but that's where I'm thinking I'll end up. Has anyone else found anything good?

Everyone who got acceptance calls from Creighton last week, did they mention when you'll get your letter in the mail??

Hey there! I am graduating from Creighton undergrad this year. I currently live off campus (3 miles)- and am looking for ~2 roommates. If anyone is interested send me a message. I know the area well (where it's safe & where it's ghetto)!

I live in River Park (just over the Missouri R. in Council Bluffs.) Awesome place.

Go to broadmoor.cc (yes it is a website) and you can see some of the other places they've got too. Best apt. management place I have EVER dealt with. (PM me if you want info.)

You will end up even or ahead living off campus... IF you have a car. (Which in my opinion you should, you ARE in professional school...)

A few rules to follow: Don't live anywhere N of Cuming near between 10th and 50th. The closer to Old Market you are, the more expensive it will be. Also, the further west you get, the nicer it generally is...but it also sucks to have to commute from W Omaha. Council Bluffs is great for me (3 mi... 5 min to campus at the most.)

Oh and all the dorms are N of I-480 (not I-80, that would put you a good 3-5 miles south of campus) with the exception of Capitol Hill and the dorm that is right next to it, which are just S of I-480 and in walking distance.

FYI: Your class schedules are up

Thanks for the advice about the apartments, Broadmoor has a ton of places that look nice. I looked at the class schedule posting (thanks for that, I don't think we can access it yet??) and I noticed that anatomy and physiology weren't on it- does that mean we don't have to take them, or they just haven't been added to the schedule at this point? I'm trying to decide if I should take physiology this summer, but if we don't have to take it then I won't bother.

Thanks for the advice about the apartments, Broadmoor has a ton of places that look nice. I looked at the class schedule posting (thanks for that, I don't think we can access it yet??) and I noticed that anatomy and physiology weren't on it- does that mean we don't have to take them, or they just haven't been added to the schedule at this point? I'm trying to decide if I should take physiology this summer, but if we don't have to take it then I won't bother.

Anatomy you now must take before getting here, Physio is a spring semester course.

I live in River Park (just over the Missouri R. in Council Bluffs.) Awesome place.

Go to broadmoor.cc (yes it is a website) and you can see some of the other places they've got too. Best apt. management place I have EVER dealt with. (PM me if you want info.)

You will end up even or ahead living off campus... IF you have a car. (Which in my opinion you should, you ARE in professional school...)

A few rules to follow: Don't live anywhere N of Cuming near between 10th and 50th. The closer to Old Market you are, the more expensive it will be. Also, the further west you get, the nicer it generally is...but it also sucks to have to commute from W Omaha. Council Bluffs is great for me (3 mi... 5 min to campus at the most.)

Oh and all the dorms are N of I-480 (not I-80, that would put you a good 3-5 miles south of campus) with the exception of Capitol Hill and the dorm that is right next to it, which are just S of I-480 and in walking distance.

FYI: Your class schedules are up

hey i was actually looking at the river park apartments online and they emailed me some forms to fill out. are the apartments nice?

thnx for the link for the schedule too :)

Hi,

I just got an invite to interview. Any advice for me?

Hi,

When did you get the invite and was it by email? I know the admissions committee was supposed to meet today. I hope that isn't a bad sign that I didn't get one today!

Hi,

Hi Nekkote,

My advice is to be yourself! Honestly, do not try to be what you think they are looking for. Also, be outgoing talk and show how much you want it.
The interviewers are really nice, so don't be intimidated.

I interviewed in Feb and was accepted 2 weeks later!

Good luck to you!!!

So I got a letter from Creighton today. I'm on the alternate list. Does anyone know more information regarding their alternate list? How many people are on it, how many on average get pulled from it?? Any info would be appreciated.

Hi Nekkote,

My advice is to be yourself! Honestly, do not try to be what you think they are looking for. Also, be outgoing talk and show how much you want it.
The interviewers are really nice, so don't be intimidated.

I interviewed in Feb and was accepted 2 weeks later!

Good luck to you!!!

Thanks for the advice:) I just booked my flight for 3/27

When did you get the invite and was it by email? I know the admissions committee was supposed to meet today. I hope that isn't a bad sign that I didn't get one today!

I received my invite yesterday by email. I'm sure they are still going through applications. Just keep checking

I have an interview scheduled for April 17th for the campus pathway. I've been accepted to another VERY expensive pharmacy program and am still waiting on results from my state college interview. Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted from the last interview or how much of the class is filled?