Creighton 2009 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Today is 3 weeks exactly from my interview, and I have heard nothing from Creighton. I'm going to consider this as a rejection. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad.

Today is 3 weeks exactly from my interview, and I have heard nothing from Creighton. I'm going to consider this as a rejection. :thumbdown:

Honestly, I wouldn't yet.

The school closed at noon today due to weather, but I would call on Monday and talk with them. They were always very nice when I called for status reports...since it's been three weeks I don't think that would be too "pushy" to just call and ask for an update.

Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received my acceptance letter last week, but I have a question for you current students - just asking your thoughts, really. When I sent in my PharmCAS months ago it indicated that I would be taking Anatomy & Physiology II over the summer, along with microecon and public speech (I will be getting a bachelor's in june, so I will be taking these prereqs at a CC). I have already emailed admissions to ask them the following questions, but I was just wondering what you guys think they might say.
So....according to my acceptance letter, all science prereqs must be complete by June 1st, and all others must be complete by August 1st.
So, here are my two issues:

1) My pharmcas clearly stated in the future coursework section that I would have Anatomy & Phys II over the summer (therefore would NOT have the class complete by June 1st)
2) Even if number 1 is not an issue, the summer session at the CC I will be attending does not conclude until August 9th. (Obviously I would send grades as quickly as possible).

Do you guys think that either or both of these will be problems? I REALLY REALLY don't want to get my acceptance rescinded...I think that would be really lame considering my PharmCAS told them my science prereqs wouldn't be done by the beginning of summer (it's not like I was trying to hide anything). I checked the prereq website for the campus pathway, and nowhere does it say that certain prereqs must be complete by certain dates.

I realize that I probably sound a bit paranoid...but I would be devastated if they suddenly decide to reject me after already accepting me! What do you guys think about my situation?

The AdCom may have looked over your summer plan. Not sure what they will do about it, if anything. As for the August deadline, again, not sure if they will be lenient or not. Possibly not, since P1 Welcome Week will be done by then. Find other options to get your classes done before August 1st - there are plenty of online universities or look for other colleges around you that finish before then.

Good luck ~

I received my acceptance letter last week, but I have a question for you current students - just asking your thoughts, really. When I sent in my PharmCAS months ago it indicated that I would be taking Anatomy & Physiology II over the summer, along with microecon and public speech (I will be getting a bachelor's in june, so I will be taking these prereqs at a CC). I have already emailed admissions to ask them the following questions, but I was just wondering what you guys think they might say.
So....according to my acceptance letter, all science prereqs must be complete by June 1st, and all others must be complete by August 1st.

1) My pharmcas clearly stated in the future coursework section that I would have Anatomy & Phys II over the summer (therefore would NOT have the class complete by June 1st)
2) Even if number 1 is not an issue, the summer session at the CC I will be attending does not conclude until August 9th. (Obviously I would send grades as quickly as possible).

Do you guys think that either or both of these will be problems? I REALLY REALLY don't want to get my acceptance rescinded...I think that would be really lame considering my PharmCAS told them my science prereqs wouldn't be done by the beginning of summer (it's not like I was trying to hide anything). I checked the prereq website for the campus pathway, and nowhere does it say that certain prereqs must be complete by certain dates.

I realize that I probably sound a bit paranoid...but I would be devastated if they suddenly decide to reject me after already accepting me! What do you guys think about my situation?

Last edited:

I agree with what the person on top of me said. Schools are very picky about when you should finish your prereqs and i am pretty sure they will look at that because there are other students that might be on the waiting list and have the pre reqs completed already so it would not be fair for them to wait. But with that being said you should try calling them and see if they can make an exception. Good Luck

I would say you're ok if you're done before august 1st. You absolutely need to finish A&P as anatomy wont be in the professional curriculum next year. Call them though and ask. They will try to work with you.

Are any of you current Creighton pre-pharmacy students? I heard that my application is complete and am waiting to hear about the interview. Has anyone from Creighton intereviewed yet?

Are any of you current Creighton pre-pharmacy students? I heard that my application is complete and am waiting to hear about the interview. Has anyone from Creighton intereviewed yet?

There are plenty of people on here who are pre-pharm CU interviewees. There are some posts out there, so look around :)

I was finally able to get an interview! I was wondering if anyone knows how much weight the interview carries with the admissions committee? Do they go back and review your entire file after the interview, or make the final decision based on your interview?

I was finally able to get an interview! I was wondering if anyone knows how much weight the interview carries with the admissions committee? Do they go back and review your entire file after the interview, or make the final decision based on your interview?

The interview is incredibly important.

I would say the interview is the most important part of the application. If they like you, youll get in, if they dont then thats the end of the line! so its make it or break it at this point!

I agree with the previous posters - your file got you the interview, but the interview will get you in (if that makes sense). I'm sure they consider everything in the final decision, but I personally think the interview is make it or break it time - if you blow it, it won't matter how great you look on paper.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would say you're ok if you're done before august 1st. You absolutely need to finish A&P as anatomy wont be in the professional curriculum next year. Call them though and ask. They will try to work with you.

Thanks for the advice, everyone. An update on my situation - everything will be okay! They are in no way going to rescind my acceptance. I can still continue with my courses the way they were initially planned out in my PharmCAS. I am super excited!
Yay for Creighton!:soexcited:

Big sigh of relief. Finally got my interview invite. Ironically I'm actually in Omaha today and tomorrow. lol

Supplemental submitted on 12/10/08
"Complete Application" notification received on 12/18/08 (in the morning)
Interview invite received on 12/18/08 (in the afternoon)

I received an acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. (FYI, I live in Maryland). I interviewed on Feb 6th for distance pathway. Sorry I cannot share detailed stats but here are few factors that might have helped me getting into Creighton.

-Have BS degree ( I have 189 credit hours so far; I took/repeated few more science classes past 2 years to make up for my expiring science/math classes that I took long time ago).
-Average GPA and PCAT score but 8 years of (post undergraduate) intensive professional research/hospital experiences.
-Currently working at one of the best hospitals in the US as a successful Clinical Reserach Professional. (No direct pharmacy experience but interact with pharmacists all the time)
-Lived in 3 continents and visited more than 20 countries in the world.
-Speak 4 languages.
-Lots of extracurricular activities (including community service activities)
-Excellent essays (be honest and really get your points across) in both PhamCAS application and supplemntal application
-Excellent recommendation letters.

for those who seek to go to creighton, could you share your PCAT / GPA? This might help those who are on the site to get a gauge of what to shoot for for the coming year...

Supplemental submitted on 12/10/08
"Complete Application" notification received on 12/18/08 (in the morning)
Interview invite received on 12/18/08 (in the afternoon)

I received an acceptance letter in the mail yesterday. (FYI, I live in Maryland). I interviewed on Feb 6th for distance pathway. Sorry I cannot share detailed stats but here are few factors that might have helped me getting into Creighton.

-Have BS degree ( I have 189 credit hours so far; I took/repeated few more science classes past 2 years to make up for my expiring science/math classes that I took long time ago).
-Average GPA and PCAT score but 8 years of (post undergraduate) intensive professional research/hospital experiences.
-Currently working at one of the best hospitals in the US as a successful Clinical Reserach Professional. (No direct pharmacy experience but interact with pharmacists all the time)
-Lived in 3 continents and visited more than 20 countries in the world.
-Speak 4 languages.
-Lots of extracurricular activities (including community service activities)
-Excellent essays (be honest and really get your points across) in both PhamCAS application and supplemntal application
-Excellent recommendation letters.

for those who seek to go to creighton, could you share your PCAT / GPA? This might help those who are on the site to get a gauge of what to shoot for for the coming year...

Well i want to go to Creighton but i havent had an interview yet. Interview is on March 27.
GPA 3.22 Pcat 62

Have my interview this afternoon. They were so nice to squeeze me in since I only got the invite last evening. My stats are 3.63 GPA/ 77 PCAT.

4 weeks, no letter :thumbdown:

You should call them. They told us we would hear from them within 3 weeks maximum, so I'm sure that would be okay. I had a friend interviewing at the med school the same day I was interviewing for the pharm school, and she didn't get a letter within three weeks. So she just called them, and they told her she was accepted.

Good luck!!

To add an response to other posters' stats/GPA/PCAT questions:
(I applied for the campus pathway)
BS Biochemistry '09
GPA 3.24
PCAT 88

Last edited:
I'm going stir crazy! I turned in my PharmCAS app way back in December, and turned in the supplemental a few days before the deadline. I got a call from the office about 1.5 weeks before the deadline from "Kelly" encouraging me to turn in my supp. app., saying that my PCAT scores were academically competitive.

I don't know if that is normal procedure, to call applicants?

Anyways, I haven't heard anything back... I'm getting really antsy and don't know if I should contact the office to see whats going on.

Anyone have any advice?

My GPA is pretty low (2.9), but I had a PCAT of 85, great letters of rec and extra-curriculars all through undergrad. I also have a degree in Bio.

I'm going stir crazy! I turned in my PharmCAS app way back in December, and turned in the supplemental a few days before the deadline. I got a call from the office about 1.5 weeks before the deadline from "Kelly" encouraging me to turn in my supp. app., saying that my PCAT scores were academically competitive.

I don't know if that is normal procedure, to call applicants?

Anyways, I haven't heard anything back... I'm getting really antsy and don't know if I should contact the office to see whats going on.

Anyone have any advice?

My GPA is pretty low (2.9), but I had a PCAT of 85, great letters of rec and extra-curriculars all through undergrad. I also have a degree in Bio.

My experience with the admission office was that they were always very helpful. I don't think it would hurt to give them a call and ask for a status update.

Hi, i was wondering for those who interviewed, what time did you guys finished your interview? They say to be free from 11AM to 5PM. My flight is at 6:55PM is that cutting it too close or are the Adcom usually ontime and let people out by 5PM? Thanks

You are let out by 5:00. Depending on which group you are selected in, your interview could be from 2:00 - 4:30. Maybe let the interviewers know about your situation. But, never leave before its over because, really, adcoms are observing you from 11:30 to 5:00. Your interview in reality is 5 hours long, with a 25 minute session with the faculty.

BTW, It is possible to make your flight. The airport is hardly busy. Especially night flights. Creighton is also generous enough to provide complimentary shuttle services to your hotel and airport specifically for interviewee's like you.

You should be fine. I interviewed their yesterday. Everyone was sooo awesome. A friends and I brought our luggage and we dropped it off in the admissions office. Our flight was out at 6:10 pm. We made out flight just in time. They shuttled a group of us to the airport (and after that to hotels) right after our last presentation. Don't worry 6:55pm is fine.

Thanks, that is good to know. Did you guys get shuttle to Eppley's Airport or to the Omaha Airport?

I received my acceptance letter today! So excited :). I interviewed on February 13th, so Friday the 13th wasn't too unlucky for me!!

Hey, I interviewed that day too, but haven't heard anything yet. Are you campus or distance pathway?

I believe Creighton said they would send acceptances through snail mail right? Please correct me if I'm wrong and I will go check my email instead :p.
If it is by snail mail, your location could be a factor of when you get your letter.
If its helps you at all, I still have at least 1 to 2 week to wait :xf:

I am the distance pathway. The acceptance came by snail mail, I was so afraid to open it!

5 weeks waiting here so it's obviously a rejection but had to do with a problem with my mail carrier thinking I moved out :rolleyes:

Have you called and asked? I would call them, at the very least they could tell you if they sent you anything or made a decision. You can request that they send it again if they have sent you anything.

Yes they said they would resend the letter but would not tell me the decision by phone.

Regular sized envelope but a little thicker than normal :D.

Good to know. I got a regular envelope from U of Hawaii and a big one from U of Colorado.
Congrats!!!

Hey,
I also interviewed on the 20th and I was kinda surprised that my interviewer knew something about me, yet i thought they said that it was closed file!! Am not sure on how i should feel about this....though the things she mentioned were good ...

So what is this snail mail that you guys are talking about? I applied for campus pathway if that helps...

lol. Snail mail is regular mail. What we all relied on before the glorious invention of the internet and email :p

lol. Snail mail is regular mail. What we all relied on before the glorious invention of the internet and email :p

Haha...!! Nice one...:)

So when do you think we should hear back? did you also interview on the 20th??

Hey,
I also interviewed on the 20th and I was kinda surprised that my interviewer knew something about me, yet i thought they said that it was closed file!! Am not sure on how i should feel about this....though the things she mentioned were good ...

So what is this snail mail that you guys are talking about? I applied for campus pathway if that helps...

I've always been a little foggy on what "closed-file" really means. The adcom had to review your file to offer you an interview and at least some (if not all) of the faculty doing the interviews are part of that committee. So while they don't have your application right in front of them at the interview, it doesn't mean they haven't seen it at all. I would think it would be good if something stood out enough to your interviewer to remember.

Snail mail is regular mail (as opposed to email). Typically, acceptance letters are sent by regular mail.

I've always been a little foggy on what "closed-file" really means. The adcom had to review your file to offer you an interview and at least some (if not all) of the faculty doing the interviews are part of that committee. So while they don't have your application right in front of them at the interview, it doesn't mean they haven't seen it at all. I would think it would be good if something stood out enough to your interviewer to remember.

Snail mail is regular mail (as opposed to email). Typically, acceptance letters are sent by regular mail.

Thanks ajh!:) that makes sense...well i guess I just have to wait and see.:xf:

Yup, I interviewed on 2/20. Since their are already some who got acceptance from 2/13 interviews, I'm thinking some of us should hear something next week or the next week after that. It seems the average wait for a acceptance is about 12 to 14 days, and this would include snail mail time too! :xf:

wat? I've been placed on the alternate list.
99 pcat 3.6 gpa not good enough for them

wat? I've been placed on the alternate list.
99 pcat 3.6 gpa not good enough for them

As it has been said before, it is not just pcat and gpa! They are looking whether you are a well-rounded individual or not. Maybe it's time for you to do self criticism :)

Thanks for the advice, everyone. An update on my situation - everything will be okay! They are in no way going to rescind my acceptance. I can still continue with my courses the way they were initially planned out in my PharmCAS. I am super excited!
Yay for Creighton!:soexcited:
Did you call and speak to someone or email?

I received my admission lettter last week and have the same concern about my outstanding prereqs. I emailed the Office of Admissions last Thursday but am yet to hear back. Any suggestions? Did they hesitate to allow you to remain in the program at all? The possibility of having my offer rescinded is horrifying!

Did you call and speak to someone or email?

I received my admission lettter last week and have the same concern about my outstanding prereqs. I emailed the Office of Admissions last Thursday but am yet to hear back. Any suggestions? Did they hesitate to allow you to remain in the program at all? The possibility of having my offer rescinded is horrifying!

I'm pretty sure that the acceptance letter for everyone is rather generic...I think the issue is whether you indicated on your PharmCAS exactly what you would be taking and when. In my case I had it clearly indicated on my app that I would be taking a science prereq during the summer, so it's not like I was trying to hide anything. Plus on the website where they list prereqs you need, there's no indication of the dates by which they need to be completed. If you don't hear from them within a week after you sent the email, I would call. They are rather busy but I called after I didn't get a response for over a week...I was freaking out too and couldn't concentrate on anything. If you want my personal thoughts on your situation you can PM me if you'd like. I wouldn't worry too much though, if you had everything marked correctly on your PharmCAS.

Anyone interviewing on March 6th? I'll be seeing you there :)