Creighton NAPLEX pass rate... found it!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ginephre

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, with some searching i found the "Pharmacy Program Assesement Committee Report" which includes results from surveys and NAPLEX. Should I be concerned that last year's pass rate at Creighton was 84.8%, compared with 93.44% state and 92.86% national? From 2004 to 2005, 43 more people took the test and the pass rate went down from 91.46% to 84.8%, but the average score went up from 99.11 to 100.12. just wondering what all your opinions are.

Members don't see this ad.

Go to Iowa. What are they? 99% or 98%?

Brixius said:
Go to Iowa. What are they? 99% or 98%?

too late for that, i already declined and received acknowledgement.

Members don't see this ad :)
It definately tells me that either they're either not accepting students w/ the same stats as the other schools in the state or they're lacking in certain areas of their training. I would think that they would try to improve these pass rates though.

ginephre said:
So, with some searching i found the "Pharmacy Program Assesement Committee Report" which includes results from surveys and NAPLEX. Should I be concerned that last year's pass rate at Creighton was 84.8%, compared with 93.44% state and 92.86% national? From 2004 to 2005, 43 more people took the test and the pass rate went down from 91.46% to 84.8%, but the average score went up from 99.11 to 100.12. just wondering what all your opinions are.

Did you check out CU's website? They have a powerpt presentation about the decline in their NALPEX rate (-7%) and what to do about it (also interesting info about students finding jobs and the like). I thought it was interesting.

Yes I'm being lazy... but did the presentation address the in-class vs. online status? I've always wondered how online degree of this magnitude would work in the long run.

KUMoose said:
Yes I'm being lazy... but did the presentation address the in-class vs. online status? I've always wondered how online degree of this magnitude would work in the long run.
I have not looked at the referenced presentation on the web, but we were told in Creighton interview that the NAPLEX pass rate for last year was actually slightly higher in their web-based than in their campus-based population. That's a one-year stat only.

i think i have that powerpoint but i found it the long way on google. i was also wondering if it was because of the addition of the web grads taking it but from the info they told rxlynn, i guess that wouldn't be the case. that powerpoint mentioned that last year it had a new format so maybe creighton just wasnt prepared for the change? i'm not really concerned that I won't pass it, but the decline over the past 3 years is what i don't like.

i didn't see it earlier, but there is a comparison between web and campus. campus students had a pass rate of 83.16% with avg score 98.83, and web students had a pass rate of 90.63% with avg score of 104.16. For the MPJE, creighton students had a higher pass rate (89.53%) than the national average (88.51%)

SO this is a dumb question...but are you guys weighing the NAPLEX scores heavily in your decision? I sorta freaked when I first read this post...did some research (which made me feel a little better) and finally emailed my friend who is a pharm prof (CU alumni). In her opinion it shouldnt be the biggest factor and CU is actively taking steps to up the rate and have added some new reviews, but it sorta makes me nervous. :confused:

it made me nervous too, which is why i posted...i wanted to see what other people's opinions were. i'm still pretty much planning on going there so its not really that big a factor to me. i'm sure i'll pass it. it seems to me like CU wants to train well-rounded pharmacists... being able to regurgitate information on a test doesn't necessarily mean that you will be a good pharmacist.

Thanks! I was thinking the same thing. So many things made me want to go to CU that Im not going to let it deter me....

Hopefully I will see you in Omaha in Aug...unless you choose Oregon ;)

ginephre said:
being able to regurgitate information on a test doesn't necessarily mean that you will be a good pharmacist.

Yeah but you can't be a good (or bad) pharmacist unless you are able to regurgitate for that particular test ;)