This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTD521

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone! This forum is for everyone who applied to, interviewed, or got accepted into Creighton's OTD program during to 2017/2018 cycle, to BEGIN Fall 2018. All Pathways welcome! Best of luck fellow OT's!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A little about me,

I applied in mid-November 2017, I was contacted by Creighton in early December 2017 to schedule an interview. I interviewed on Feb. 2, 2018. Still patiently waiting to hear back, although they did say 3-4 weeks! Creighton is by far my number one choice for graduate school so keeping my fingers crossed!

Major: Therapeutic Recreation
Cumulative GPA: 3.56
Science GPA: 3.60
Major-specific GPA: 3.92
GRE: verbal: 147 / quantitative: 148 / writing: 4.0
Residency: NE

Waiting as well. Interview was on Feb 2nd. Hoping and praying I get accepted. Super stressed as other programs want deposit money soon (one by Feb 24, and another by March 1). Need an answer quickly so I’m not out $$$$ if Creighton is a YES. Keeping the faith...

Members don't see this ad :)
HEY guys! I also interviewed at Crieghton on February 2nd! I’m so anxious to hear back! I got accepted to one school and need to pay a large deposit to save my seat. So hoping I hear back as well soon! I thought creightons program was amazing! Let me kno when you hear back! I’m curious how many open spots they had left going into the February 2 interview since it was the last schedule interview.

Can someone please share what the deposit amount is for Creighton to secure a spot in the 2018 OTD cohort?

I see Creighton changed the view of the portal today. not sure what that means

last year was $450. im assuming its about the same, perhaps a little more

Hello folks! I was checking the portal like mad yesterday and it said I was accepted! I'll be in the GO pathway. I have never been happier.

Anyone else accepted?/Good luck!

Hello folks! I was checking the portal like mad yesterday and it said I was accepted! I'll be in the GO pathway. I have never been happier.

Anyone else accepted?/Good luck!

Hi! Congratulations!!
How did it say on your portal :)

Thanks! It said on my portal "Congratulations! You've been admitted" with a cute icon of people celebrating and throwing confetti. I still need to give my deposit.

I interviewed January 26th.

For those that have been accepted at Creighton, what specific program did you get into?

Please do not go to Creighton. No way in the world is the degree worth that debt. It is one of the most expensive schools in the nation. They are only there to screw students and make cash. It would be better for you to do OTA and work for 20 years than do a creighton OT program and coming out minimum with 200 k in debt that you will never pay off. I you may be excited to get in there but use common sense please.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your advice. But I don’t think Crieghton would be ranked 15th in the nation if it’s intentions were to screw students over. There are also several payment plans out there. If you work non profit for ten years paying off a percentage of your debt, the rest of your debt is forgiven. Same with military and certain rural areas. If you don’t do that, worst case scenario is you pay off your debt for the next 25 years but only 400-500 a month. But again, Certain scenarios don’t work with certain people so I can see why someone wouldn’t wanna go there when they could just go to a cheaper school for sure.

Well I heard back from Feb 2nd Interview, Campus Pathway. Unfortunately all seats are full and I was placed as an alternate. :/

Please do not go to Creighton. No way in the world is the degree worth that debt. It is one of the most expensive schools in the nation. They are only there to screw students and make cash. It would be better for you to do OTA and work for 20 years than do a creighton OT program and coming out minimum with 200 k in debt that you will never pay off. I you may be excited to get in there but use common sense please.

There is also a substantial more amount of scholarship money available to students attending a private school. Creighton helps provide assistance for returning students, and other qualified individuals. yes the sticker tag is near 200k, but they also figure $1500 / month for living for 3 years into that. I sure as hell don't need $1500 a month to live. I think compared to other schools after scholarships, assistance, and actual living costs are factored in its likely to be closer to $100k. Still a lot of money for sure, but considering its 1 of 7 OTD programs, and they WROTE the OTD program, I think its well worth the investment. Upon graduation you should be making close to that borrowed amount your first year. thats always the rule of thumb. Borrow what you can make in 1 year. So that way 1/10th of your income can be applied to student debt of 10 years to have it paid off.

Nope looks the same. Sounds like they are mailing out letters within the next week or so

Thanks for your advice. But I don’t think Crieghton would be ranked 15th in the nation if it’s intentions were to screw students over. There are also several payment plans out there. If you work non profit for ten years paying off a percentage of your debt, the rest of your debt is forgiven. Same with military and certain rural areas. If you don’t do that, worst case scenario is you pay off your debt for the next 25 years but only 400-500 a month. But again, Certain scenarios don’t work with certain people so I can see why someone wouldn’t wanna go there when they could just go to a cheaper school for sure.
S
There is also a substantial more amount of scholarship money available to students attending a private school. Creighton helps provide assistance for returning students, and other qualified individuals. yes the sticker tag is near 200k, but they also figure $1500 / month for living for 3 years into that. I sure as hell don't need $1500 a month to live. I think compared to other schools after scholarships, assistance, and actual living costs are factored in its likely to be closer to $100k. Still a lot of money for sure, but considering its 1 of 7 OTD programs, and they WROTE the OTD program, I think its well worth the investment. Upon graduation you should be making close to that borrowed amount your first year. thats always the rule of thumb. Borrow what you can make in 1 year. So that way 1/10th of your income can be applied to student debt of 10 years to have it paid off.
Isn't tuition alone like 150 k? how much scholarship money can you get? 50 k? Plus 3 years of best case scenario of rent is 500 bucks best case. Thats minimum 20 k. Worst case 1,500 which would be an extra 60 k, 21 k for food and entertainment plus car payment and insurance. I couldnt imagine it would be less than 200 k even with scholarships if really 100 k then thats good but the average o.t. coming out of school makes 75-80 k. :/ not great to me. Why not go to a cheaper school? Im asking honestly because i looked into the school. If someone can explain how they make it work I may consider applying.

The most valuable information on this topic ideally would come from anyone currently enrolled in the Creighton O.T.D. program. There's no value in speculating and guessing at costs, scholarships, etc. Please educate all of us that have applied to Creighton with accurate information if you are presently enrolled in this specific program. Thanks in advance!

Well for me I’m married and my wife will work so I won’t be taking out money for room and board. We also have the possibility of food stamps/welfare. So it’ll be about 150 k for me to take out which honestly is a lot. An OT that I shadow went to creighton and he said there is a lot of loans but he now makes over 85,000 in less than three years of working. He is on a payment plan of 120 payments. He only pays 150 a month to student loans for the next ten years and then he’s done completely. He did say that working for a private company is hard right after school because loans aren’t forgiven. So if you work at the right place having a lot of debt from creighton isn’t the end of the world there are ways around it. I also am accepted into Sacred heart into Connecticut where the cost of living is double Omaha. So if I’m gonna take our 110 k for a masters. I’d probably rather go 150 k and get a doctor degree at a top school. That’s honestly my reasoning.

Reactions: 1 users
Well for me I’m married and my wife will work so I won’t be taking out money for room and board. We also have the possibility of food stamps/welfare. So it’ll be about 150 k for me to take out which honestly is a lot. An OT that I shadow went to creighton and he said there is a lot of loans but he now makes over 85,000 in less than three years of working. He is on a payment plan of 120 payments. He only pays 150 a month to student loans for the next ten years and then he’s done completely. He did say that working for a private company is hard right after school because loans aren’t forgiven. So if you work at the right place having a lot of debt from creighton isn’t the end of the world there are ways around it. I also am accepted into Sacred heart into Connecticut where the cost of living is double Omaha. So if I’m gonna take our 110 k for a masters. I’d probably rather go 150 k and get a doctor degree at a top school. That’s honestly my reasoning.
Thanks for the reply! appreciate it!

Well I applied to and got accepted to Creighton’s GO Pathway!

Congrats! Me too! Have you received an email yet? I haven’t just the portal told me I’m in!

Has anyone hear back from Creighton who has been waitlisted ?

Waiting as well. Interview was on Feb 2nd. Hoping and praying I get accepted. Super stressed as other programs want deposit money soon (one by Feb 24, and another by March 1). Need an answer quickly so I’m not out $$$$ if Creighton is a YES. Keeping the faith...

Congratulations on getting invited to interview, I hope that you get a positive response! Do you mind sharing a little about your interview experience and examples of the types of questions asked? I applied to the AK pathway and will be interviewing on the 27th of April and have been preparing as much as I can. Also, do you have any tips for preparing for the interview?

Thank you!

Hello! Congrats on all of acceptances into Creighton within previous years. I just received my interview date for this next cohort for November 9th. If anyone is willing to message me about the program and the interview date, I would be extremely appreciative. Thank you!!!!