Creighton Pharmacy Distance C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nickel2014

Applicant Extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't found a thread for this year. Hoping to hear from others applying before the preferred deadline!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't found a thread for this year. Hoping to hear from others applying before the preferred deadline!

HI!
Yes, I am applying here as well. I turned everything in already, so now I am just waiting to see if I am interview worthy. My stats are not the best, but I do have a pretty good upward trend. To be honest, I am doubtful it will work out for me, but I am going to try anyway :D
Hopefully we hear something soon!

Good Luck!! :thumbup:

I applied also! I am waiting for my pcat score to post good luck to all

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is very quiet :/
The priority deadline has passed, so I am sure in the next week or so interview offers will be given out.

Good luck to all.

same here, my pcat scores posted to pharmcas but creighton hasnt updated my status to complete yet

i called them today to see when this would be updated but they said today is an interview date for some other program therefore all the counselors are unavailable until monday morning. so i guess we are all just waiting

also what is the priority deadline?

The priority deadline is Nov 1st and the general deadline is Feb/March 1st. Since Creighton admits students on a rolling basis, the sooner you are able to submit everything, the greater the chance you will be offered an interview.

Hopefully on Monday they will have a chance to look at your new scores. This whole process takes a lot of patience, so try to relax (easier said than done, I know)...but things will come together eventually.

If anyone has heard anything, please chime in :D

I submitted my application for Creighton's distance pathway on 9/7. I was contacted through email for an interview on 10/23 to schedule an interview. I am scheduled for an interview on Dec 14th from 9am-3pm. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope I can help. Good luck everyone!

I submitted my application for Creighton's distance pathway on 9/7. I was contacted through email for an interview on 10/23 to schedule an interview. I am scheduled for an interview on Dec 14th from 9am-3pm. Let me know if you have any questions. Hope I can help. Good luck everyone!

Congrats on your interview!!! Is this your top choice school?

I submitted my Pharmcas and supplemental apps for Creighton - distance pathway on Oct. 31, 2012. I am scheduled to take the PCAT on Jan. 8, 2013 so I am sure they will wait until that is posted before they review my app. Just a bunch of waiting!!! Does anybody know how much of the app is weighted on volunteer experience. I have been a pharmacy technician for 12 years, went to school full-time (3.9 GPA), and have three young kids. I have not had time to put in any hours for volunteering and hope that doesn't hinder my chances. For some reason I think that might be a fatal error this application cycle. I will just have to suppress my anxiety and wait.

With your GPA, and as long as you do well on the PCAT, I do not see any school flat out rejecting you just because you lack volunteer experience. Not many of us have kids, so the schools will (and must) take this into consideration when reviewing your application. I would not worry about it at all. Good luck on the PCAT!!

Interview invite whoo hooo

late in the day, so added excitement!

Good luck all

Members don't see this ad :)
I too will be coming to Omaha for an interview. I signed up for the Jan 22 date. Hope to see you there!

Wow. Congrats to everyone who already has an interview! I'm jealous!

I feel really behind now. I have to retake the PCAT in January. I've been waiting to submit my application because of one of my references is taking forever, I guess I should just go ahead and submit since I already have 2 references completed.

Like Marleys3, I'm concerned because I have very little volunteering because I've worked as a tech full time for 9 years and went to school full time. Unfortunately, my GPA is 0.5 points lower than their 3.9... Hoping that having a bachelors degree will be of some assistance.

I'm also applying to UNTHSC in Texas. Hopefully very few will want to apply to an unaccredited school. :)

Good luck to everyone!

Creighton looks for well rounded students so not having volunteer experience or having a "subpar" GPA will not necessarily hurt you. Just make sure you have other areas that can make up for it.

BTW I'm a Distance P1 student

Hello!
Just curious how the interviews went for the distance applicants yesterday? How many candidates were interviewed?

GOOD LUCK to all of those that interviewed and to those waiting (like myself) for an interview :)

Hello!
Just curious how the interviews went for the distance applicants yesterday? How many candidates were interviewed?

GOOD LUCK to all of those that interviewed and to those waiting (like myself) for an interview :)
Interview day went great; love, love Creighton and their staff. There were 18 candidates at the 12/14 interview date.

PS - If you do get an interview, be ready to have your picture taken. Everyone has a headshot taken. Yikes!

It is my top choice. You? Are you applying to any other schools?

Interview day went great; love, love Creighton and their staff. There were 18 candidates at the 12/14 interview date.

PS - If you do get an interview, be ready to have your picture taken. Everyone has a headshot taken. Yikes!

yes, creighton is also my top choice, but I am also applying to several "safety" schools just in case :) that's great you were chosen to interview during the first round... that can only be considered a good thing! thanks for responding to my questions and good luck to you :D

Just got a call from Creighton this afternoon! I've been accepted! Super excited to start planning the next four years and excited to meet my classmates.

Just got a call from Creighton this afternoon! I've been accepted! Super excited to start planning the next four years and excited to meet my classmates.

oh wow! that was quick! very excited for you and congrats!!!!!

I was also at the 12/14 interview. Just got my acceptance letter/ admission packet in the mail on friday 12/28. I'm super excited!
Congrats to others who have got theirs as well and best of luck to those still waiting.

Class of 2017!!!:D

Hi, I also just applied in December on the 14th. I am retaking my pcat on January 9th, and completing my supplemental this week. I have a decent Gpa, like 3.2 and I will have my bachelor's degree in science upon entrance to the program if I make the cut. I am just curious to know for those of you who got accepted what your credentials were like? Gpa, any degrees, pcat score, and which program did you get into distance pathway or campus pathway, etc.? It would be really helpful if you could give me some advice because I am really nervous. Thanks so much and congrats!!:)

Pharmcas Science gpa: 3.73
composite pcat: 79
Have a masters in Biomed sci and MBA
Biotech work experience
no pharmacy experience
but health related volunteer work
And got accepted in distance pathway

All the best to those in applicatn process... burst your tail on the pcat,on supplemental show breadth of your experiences and emphasize your service - use anecdotes if possible (dont just tell me u like to help ppl, show me how u've helped ppl). Best of luck.

Overall GPA: 3.17
Pharmcas Science GPA: 2.86
Composite PCAT: 84
BS in Physiology, Biology
Extensive Pharmacy Leadership experience
Accepted into distance pathway

Not a great Science GPA, however I feel I made up for it in my PCAT score. I graduated with my BS in 2007, so I have been out of school for a few years gaining experience in the field. I currently work as Manager of Pharmacy Operations for HealthPartners in Minneapolis, MN. Good luck Curiousgeorge11. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi Calamers, do you happen to know what their minimum gpa requirement is?? I didnt seem to run into one on the site.

There isn't technically a minimum GPA requirement but PharmCAS indicates 2.8. Just need to make sure all of the prereqs are C (not C-) or higher...

I was at the interview on 12/14 as well. I'm guessing if I haven't heard anything by now, it's probably a no.

I was at the interview on 12/14 as well. I'm guessing if I haven't heard anything by now, it's probably a no.

You should call someone at Creighton and ask. Everyone is super friendly and more than willing to help. You never know, they might have the wrong mailing address for you... Good luck!

It wouldn't necessarily be a rejection if they do not get back to you right away. Most likely, they will get back to you a little later with a yes, or they'll send you a letter saying that you have been placed on the alternate list. I haven't heard of anyone being outright rejected after an interview.

Got my acceptance letter and admission packet today! I was worried because some of you heard a few weeks ago. But all worries are gone now. Yeah Bluejays!

I was at the Dec 14th interview and I just received my letter today so some are still en route. I'm an alternate though but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

Congrats guys! Go bluejays! :D

So how are you guys spending the next couple months before July?
I am too excited, i do not know what to do with myself!

Congrats to everyone already accepted!

I took the PCAT today and my composite wasn't very good. I got a 68 my math and science GPA is 3.3 and I am a non traditional student with 8 years pharmacy experience. You guys think I have any chance? Anyone been accepted with that low of PCAT score?

Thanks for the input!

Please if already got accepted please can u post your stats, so I can compare with mine, and know if a should be hopeful or just forget about it. :oops:

Congrats to everyone already accepted!

I took the PCAT today and my composite wasn't very good. I got a 68 my math and science GPA is 3.3 and I am a non traditional student with 8 years pharmacy experience. You guys think I have any chance? Anyone been accepted with that low of PCAT score?

Thanks for the input!

I would say that have a pretty good chance. Your 8 years of pharmacy experience will definitely make up for your GPA and PCAT.

Last edited:
I have a question for any current student or someone who can answer it. I wanted more information on the layout of a typical course for a distant pathway student. Say in P1, do different courses have different number of exams or is it just one midterm and one final? How do they take course attendance? Do I have to watch the lecture in the morning at the designated time or can I watch it whenever? If someone has any course syllabus they want to send me that would be awesome too! just trying to get an idea of what they will require. thanks in advance.

I have a question for any current student or someone who can answer it. I wanted more information on the layout of a typical course for a distant pathway student. Say in P1, do different courses have different number of exams or is it just one midterm and one final? How do they take course attendance? Do I have to watch the lecture in the morning at the designated time or can I watch it whenever? If someone has any course syllabus they want to send me that would be awesome too! just trying to get an idea of what they will require. thanks in advance.

Each class is different. There were some classes last semester that had 3 to 4 tests and then the final. Then others were just midterm and final.

There isn't officially "attendance" taken but some classes have weekly quizzes or assessments which counts for the attendance portion.

You can watch the lectures anytime you want. Typically they are uploaded within a couple of hours after the class takes place on campus.

Oh snap I love this school, I submitted my sup application on the 7th of Jan. and I received an email for interview on the 11th of Jan. 4 days!! Now thats awesome!!! Interview on the 22nd of Jan.

Creighton Pharmacy Distance student in Houston TX can you please PM me, i have a question. Will be much, much appreciated. Thx :)

Oh snap I love this school, I submitted my sup application on the 7th of Jan. and I received an email for interview on the 11th of Jan. 4 days!! Now thats awesome!!! Interview on the 22nd of Jan.

Hey if you don't mind me asking when did you submit your PharmCAS application? Was that already received by the school when you submitted your supplemental application? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long it will take to get a response from them.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey if you don't mind me asking when did you submit your PharmCAS application? Was that already received by the school when you submitted your supplemental application? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long it will take to get a response from them.

Thanks!

Hi
I submitted my Pharmcas app in November, and pharmcas mailed my application to creighton on 12/27/12 and a submitted the sub app on 7th Jan. Hope that helps.