Critique/Improve my Routine Please!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zaids37

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Daily Plan:
3-5 VR passages
1 Passage for each science (Physics, Gen Chem, Bio, Orgo)

Content Review: a mix of 1) Reviewing areas of weakness (which I find from the passages), 2) Memorizing/Reviewing previously made notecards (again from passages and other main processes) 3) Continuing normal content review (since I havent finished all the chapters yet)

Is this a good balance? I feel as if I'm doing too much practice because my content review seems weak...or maybe thats just because I'm always discovering areas that need improvement since theres so much material.

Thanks guys. Test is in October

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not seeing any full-length tests in your plan. Those are essentials to building stamina and becoming comfortable with the timing. I was doing about 1 per week during the final 8 weeks of my preparation. You will never be able to master all of content areas in the exam, so you're going to be fighting a losing battle if that is your goal. I began to see the greatest improvements in my score when I understood the style of questions and correct answers.

Daily Plan:
3-5 VR passages
1 Passage for each science (Physics, Gen Chem, Bio, Orgo)

Content Review: a mix of 1) Reviewing areas of weakness (which I find from the passages), 2) Memorizing/Reviewing previously made notecards (again from passages and other main processes) 3) Continuing normal content review (since I havent finished all the chapters yet)

Is this a good balance? I feel as if I'm doing too much practice because my content review seems weak...or maybe thats just because I'm always discovering areas that need improvement since theres so much material.

Thanks guys. Test is in October

For me personally, doing content review was my main point in the beginning of when I studied in late June and up until late July. For the past 10 days, I have done tons of passages and for about a month, I consistently do either 2 or 4 VR passages a day (alternating, I'm doing 4 tonight).

However, my routine has been inconsistent in terms of start time and end time. I am a night owl and tend to study until very early in the morning. A bad habit I hope to fix this week.

My test date: 9/6/14

I focused a lot on discretes when I first started because that covered content well. I started doing more passages once I felt more comfortable with the material.