CRNA (nurse anesthetist)

Started by medguy24
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medguy24

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys I'm a junior in high school and I was wondering what the quickest route to becoming a CRNA was? Like I know the traditional way is to get a BSN (4 years) then get one year if experience (1 year) and then get a MSN in CRNA (2-3) years.
Which comes out to 7-8 years. However, I know that there are bs-md programs and bs-dds programs that cut be as short as 6 years. So is there any such thing for a crna? Is there a faster way? Some people have even told me I can get my 1 year of acute experience while doing my bsn so I'll save a year. Any ideas?
Thank you so much!
P.s tuition is not a problem and I'm a ny resident
 
I would say that you probably shouldn't go the CRNA route unless you are ok with being a general nurse if things don't work out.


Posted using SDN Mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I doubt any of these programs exist (someone correct me if I'm wrong). A competitive applicant for a nurse anesthesia program, or any nursing graduate program for that matter, will have thousands of hours of experience as your general nurse. This is one reason why there aren't many BS/PA programs in the country.