Cross-listed course, BCPM and non-science LOR?

Started by Saigon
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Saigon

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

So next semester I am considering taking a neuroscience course that is cross-listed Biology and Psychology. Does anyone know if I can use the professor as a non-science LOR even if I sign up for the course using the BIO course number? Thanks
 
If it is listed as BIO on your transcript, I don't think a letter from that professor would count as non-science.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It depends if the medical school ask for a LOR from a non-science prof or from an instructor from a non-science course. Generally, it depends on where the prof sits on the faculty. If he/she is listed from psych department, then likely yes non-science LOR. If he/she is a Bio prof, it would be a science LOR

so just to re-iterate, if one of my psych courses counted in my BCPM gpa as a bio course, I could still use the LOR from my psych professor as a non-science LOR? She is listed under the psych department at my school