CS scheduling permit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

caffeinated_cat

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I called NBME literally minutes after their early close this afternoon (12/23) hoping to get some straight information regarding the Step 2 CS scheduling permit.

Please help me out with a simple "yes/no" -- the permit can be printed straight off the NBME's website and isn't one that gets mailed to you?

Thanks as I have this on Tuesday and -- you guessed it -- NBME is closed until that morning.

Michael

Members don't see this ad.

There is no mailed orange permit. There is no mailed permit at all. It is just the confirmation thing that you can print from the website.

However, if you do forget to bring your confirmation page with you they will still let you take the test as long as you have 2 forms of picture ID such as driver's license, school ID, other government ID, passport, etc.

If you have your confirmation print out, then all you need is one picture ID like a driving license.

If you do not have your confirmation print out, and you do not have 2 forms of photo ID, you will not be permitted to take the exam.