1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

CS scheduling permit

Discussion in 'Step II' started by caffeinated_cat, Dec 23, 2005.

1. caffeinated_cat

caffeinated_cat New Member

I called NBME literally minutes after their early close this afternoon (12/23) hoping to get some straight information regarding the Step 2 CS scheduling permit.

Please help me out with a simple "yes/no" -- the permit can be printed straight off the NBME's website and isn't one that gets mailed to you?

Thanks as I have this on Tuesday and -- you guessed it -- NBME is closed until that morning.

Michael

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. EM Junkie

EM Junkie SDN Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Yes, the scheduling permit is required and can be printed for the Step 2 CS ONLY at:

https://external1.nbme.org/ciw2/prod/jsp/login.jsp

Log in, then click exam status, then the "permit sent date" will be highlighted for the CS exam. Just click on the date.

As far as whether this was mailed to you, I don't remember.

Good luck!

4. inositide

inositide Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

There is no mailed orange permit. There is no mailed permit at all. It is just the confirmation thing that you can print from the website.

However, if you do forget to bring your confirmation page with you they will still let you take the test as long as you have 2 forms of picture ID such as driver's license, school ID, other government ID, passport, etc.

If you have your confirmation print out, then all you need is one picture ID like a driving license.

If you do not have your confirmation print out, and you do not have 2 forms of photo ID, you will not be permitted to take the exam.