CSU and housing/cars

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

greenie53

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi-

I am trying to look for a 1 bedroom apartment, but I was wondering where good areas to live are, and where most vet kids can live if they want to be near the teaching hospital and classrooms on campus? Also, do many people drive? I've seen some nice places, but they're too far away for biking to schools, so driving would be necessary then. How is parking? Can vet students park at the teaching hospital lot if they are volunteering? Thanks for any help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not a vet student, but a masters student. My girlfriend lives in the Pavilions on Drake and sheilds. They are probably the nicest apartments in town. Her rent $700 for one room. Its right there across from the VTH as well. The only thing is, first year vet students are on the CSU campus, which is not near the VTH. There aren't many apartments near there that are too nice...I think the two closest apartment buildings don't have washer and dryer in each individual unit (those are both on Lake). So yeah, hope that helps!

For this year, a parking permit was $111 for the entire year - it is good for parking lots near the first/second year buildings on main campus and for a parking lot at the VTH. I think the parking is pretty good (compared to CU-Boulder, anyway). After 4pm, and all weekend most parking lots are free, which is nice (you can park in the faculty lots, etc. that may be closer to where you want to go). Ft. Collins has a bus system, but the route near my house only runs once an hour, so it's not very practical (some run every 1/2 hour).

I don't know about apartments, we got a house.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow, that parking permit is a great deal. Maybe it just seems so amazing because I am living right near downtown Chicago now and I pay $125 a month for my parking :(. Thanks for the info Hendo and catlover!

Don't get *too* excited - I'm sure it's going up for next year (like everything else). :)

Wow, that parking permit is a great deal. Maybe it just seems so amazing because I am living right near downtown Chicago now and I pay $125 a month for my parking :(. Thanks for the info Hendo and catlover!