You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
CSU c/o 2019 applicants, where y'at?
Started by Violetvet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Parts are heavy on the chemistry, other parts are not. I really wanted to like the program. There's a Repro & a new Microbiology plan B at CSU that sound interesting. Do you have the option to take either of those?
Unfortunately I do not 🙁 I was hoping to look into doing a bio sci masters or something, as the courses looked to focus more on my interests, but Dr. Hardy informed me that won't be offered to VetPrep this year. They are supposedly going to add more program choices for the VetPrep students in the future, but as of now my only option is the tox masters.
Hey I'm applying next year and I was just wondering if anyone knew how CSU handled multiple GRE exams? I couldn't find it anywhere. I figured I'd ask here before calling 😛 Thanks for any help you got!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Unfortunately I do not 🙁 I was hoping to look into doing a bio sci masters or something, as the courses looked to focus more on my interests, but Dr. Hardy informed me that won't be offered to VetPrep this year. They are supposedly going to add more program choices for the VetPrep students in the future, but as of now my only option is the tox masters.
I hope you get a lot out of the program and have a really positive experience. The best of luck to you and congrats on being accepted!
Hey, if anyone does do the toxicology program, I happen to really enjoy chemistry! (Getting my PhD in cell/molecular biology). I'd be glad to help if I could! Someone in the entering DVM class said they got the toxicology masters, and that it helped them a lot with physiology and immunology, if that adds any more insight? Also, my general experiences with graduate school right now are that the courses seem fair. A lot of work, but so far, what you put into the coursework seems to be what you get out of it.
Anyone know anything about a tuition deposit? All I have paid for is supplemental application fee. Havent heard specifically about a deposit but I feel like other schools require it.
Also just a random aside, campus fees are roughly 1000/semester here for most student types. They fortunately weren't as expensive at my other school, so this was a bit of a shock. Just something to keep in mind for the future!There is no deposit for CSU. Just send in your descision to accept.
Just got pulled off alternate list! Was an OOS offer & I'm IS, so most likely will decline.... but still considering OOS offer.... oh soooo hard!! I want in I want in!!! But sooo much $$$. Agh & auck!!! :/
Received email only, so if you're an alternate, watch you're email! 🙂
If you don't respond via email, sounds like they won't show the offer in the portal till you do.
Received email only, so if you're an alternate, watch you're email! 🙂
If you don't respond via email, sounds like they won't show the offer in the portal till you do.
Just got pulled off alternate list! Was an OOS offer & I'm IS, so most likely will decline.... but still considering OOS offer.... oh soooo hard!! I want in I want in!!! But sooo much $$$. Agh & auck!!! :/
Received email only, so if you're an alternate, watch you're email! 🙂
If you don't respond via email, sounds like they won't show the offer in the portal till you do.
Same here!!! I was given an OOS offer yesterday and I'm also IS...keep going back and forth. This is my second time applying. Do you think saying no could hurt my chances if I apply again? Like they might think "Oh we gave her an offer and she rejected it, so why should we give her another one?" I feel like that isn't realistic but I don't want to pass it up if this is my only chance...ever. Hate the $$$ but if I will never get another chance then I would pay it. But I feel like I could still have good chances for next year...So conflicted...
They won't hold it against you at all if you don't accept. I totally understand how hard it is! Good luck making your choice.
The school is not worth the extra trouble (and money).
Hi! What do you mean by this? I was considering CO but not sure if I'd go if I got in since I have a different #1 choice.
Hi! What do you mean by this? I was considering CO but not sure if I'd go if I got in since I have a different #1 choice.
I was talking about Ohio because they required an extra evaluation process.
Congratulations you two! I know 3 people that ended up accepting an OOS spot as in-sate students. They haven't gotten out into the world yet, so I don't think they know the total impact of it yet. I know one of them tried to transfer to an IS spot after 5 IS people dropped our in the first year and she wasn't able to. I didn't get in my first year and a friend of mine did with an OOS spot. I told them I would accept that offer if I had gotten it. I applied again the next year and got in IS. I am so grateful to have and IS debt load, but I know how strong the pull is to accept OOS to follow your dream at a great school. Good luck with your decisions!Just got pulled off alternate list! Was an OOS offer & I'm IS, so most likely will decline.... but still considering OOS offer.... oh soooo hard!! I want in I want in!!! But sooo much $$$. Agh & auck!!! :/
Received email only, so if you're an alternate, watch you're email! 🙂
If you don't respond via email, sounds like they won't show the offer in the portal till you do.
The good news is that they dropped that requirement for this coming application season, since ETS is phasing out the PPI format in 2016.I was talking about Ohio because they required an extra evaluation process.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, which annoys me. They had that stupid requirement the ONE time I apply to vet school. >.>The good news is that they dropped that requirement for this coming application season, since ETS is phasing out the PPI format in 2016.