CSU Dual Degree programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abc22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have searched and the only info I could find was the following:

1. Approx. 25 [IS] seats total reserved for all of the dual degree programs (?)
2. There are 2 seats for the DVM/PhD
3. Food animal vet program seats may or may not be included in the 25 previously stated

So does that mean that there are probably 23 seats divided among the MBA/DVM and MPH/DVM programs? Is residency taken into account for these? I saw that there were roughly 50 applicants *for the DVM/PhD* on some old CSU stats pdf file, but I can't seem to find it again.

Anyway, the program websites themselves are pretty vague in terms of admissions information. Does anyone know any more info about these, ie. how many apply, how many are accepted, is residency a factor, etc? I personally applied to the MBA/DVM, so I would be really grateful if someone could offer some insight.

What are the average stats for matriculating students? I have roughly 3 years of post-bac full-time work experience as an office slave, which is pretty weak for legit MBA stand alones, so I'd like to know what obstacles/competition I'm up against. :D

Seems like people got calls for these in early November of last year. Any more info on the process? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I suspect DD programs are a tough egg to crack. These are highly respected programs in high demand, with few spots available. I considered their DD programs at CSU but realized I was not prepared well enough to be competitive...

From what I personally know about CSU's process for DD's is they are part of phase 2 of their 4-phase selection process. They provide this explanation here: http://www.cvmbs.colostate.edu/ns/_docs/students/dvm_phased_admissions_process.pdf

In the end, you just might want to hear the words straight from the horse's mouth and give them a call. I'm sure they would like the sign of initiative to boot, so that might actually set you apart! Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree with Ragtime Willie that your best resource would be to call them. I can tell you what I know about the programs, but it is by no means in depth:
The number of people in each program varies from year to year. For instance the mPhD/ DVM usually wavers between one, two, and three candidates. Once they have narrowed down candidates they have an interview (new last year I think?). Last year the interview included seven people. I'm not sure if the other programs interview, but their numbers can vary also I think. All programs are very competitive, though I don't know stats.

I have searched and the only info I could find was the following:

1. Approx. 25 [IS] seats total reserved for all of the dual degree programs (?)
2. There are 2 seats for the DVM/PhD
3. Food animal vet program seats may or may not be included in the 25 previously stated

So does that mean that there are probably 23 seats divided among the MBA/DVM and MPH/DVM programs? Is residency taken into account for these? I saw that there were roughly 50 applicants *for the DVM/PhD* on some old CSU stats pdf file, but I can't seem to find it again.

Anyway, the program websites themselves are pretty vague in terms of admissions information. Does anyone know any more info about these, ie. how many apply, how many are accepted, is residency a factor, etc? I personally applied to the MBA/DVM, so I would be really grateful if someone could offer some insight.

What are the average stats for matriculating students? I have roughly 3 years of post-bac full-time work experience as an office slave, which is pretty weak for legit MBA stand alones, so I'd like to know what obstacles/competition I'm up against. :D

Seems like people got calls for these in early November of last year. Any more info on the process? Thanks!

I applied to and interviewed for the combined PhD program (I was one of the 7 fireflysushi mentioned). I don't know anything about the other programs. The combined PhD program was very competitive and everyone interviewing was super well accomplished, but I have no idea how many people applied.

Thanks for all of the helpful information! I contacted both programs but, since they are separated,I wasn't able to get any details on Dual Degree applicants. Thanks for all the help though. Best of luck to everyone!