CSU 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hi all!! i’m an incoming dual degree student and would start my DVM portion with your class. i just wanted to drop the link here to the new curriculum and make you aware of it!

during the summer of your second and third year, you would do a few clinical rotations and gain more hands on experience.

 
Hey everyone! I just submitted my VMCAS/CSU CSA and received an email mentioning that the KIRA Talent Asynchronous Assessment will be required this year. Does anyone have experience with this assessment? I’m feeling nervous now because CSU was the one school I applied to this year that wasn’t supposed to have any interviews.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I just submitted my VMCAS/CSU CSA and received an email mentioning that the KIRA Talent Asynchronous Assessment will be required this year. Does anyone have experience with this assessment? I’m feeling nervous now because CSU was the one school I applied to this year that wasn’t supposed to have any interviews.
hi! i did the KIRA for UAZ, this seems to be the first year CSU is requiring some form of interview after they cancelled them due to COVID. feel free to pm me about my KIRA experience!
 
Hey everyone! I just submitted my VMCAS/CSU CSA and received an email mentioning that the KIRA Talent Asynchronous Assessment will be required this year. Does anyone have experience with this assessment? I’m feeling nervous now because CSU was the one school I applied to this year that wasn’t supposed to have any interviews.
I didn't receive an email saying anything about the KIRA, nor is there anything listed on CSU's website, are you a domestic student?
 
I didn't receive an email saying anything about the KIRA, nor is there anything listed on CSU's website, are you a domestic student?
I am a domestic student. It was mentioned in the email I received from CSU confirming my CSA was received. In the “other important information” section of the email, it said:

KIRA TALENT ASYCHRONOUS ASSESSMENT
  • Colorado State University will be utilizing Kira Talent as a second-tier evaluation tool in this year’s application review process. If your application advances to the second round of review, you will receive a request and additional instructions to complete a Kira Talent Asynchronous Assessment in late 2025.
 
I am a domestic student. It was mentioned in the email I received from CSU confirming my CSA was received. In the “other important information” section of the email, it said:

KIRA TALENT ASYCHRONOUS ASSESSMENT
  • Colorado State University will be utilizing Kira Talent as a second-tier evaluation tool in this year’s application review process. If your application advances to the second round of review, you will receive a request and additional instructions to complete a Kira Talent Asynchronous Assessment in late 2025.
Thank you for the update. It's odd they never announced this more widely as part of their process for this application cycle.
 
I am an OOS applicant and I also received the info about the KIRA in my "CSA Submit Confirmation" email.
 
I didn’t receive any info regarding Kira from CSU. Do they use Kira talent for just OOS ? I’m in state so just wondering maybe that’s why I didn’t get that info in my email ?!?!
 
I didn’t receive any info regarding Kira from CSU. Do they use Kira talent for just OOS ? I’m in state so just wondering maybe that’s why I didn’t get that info in my email ?!?!
I am also wondering if this is the case. Is it just out-of-state applicants? I'm applying in-state and didn't receive ANY information on this KIRA talent assessment upon my application or as of late. Side note, this is my second time applying to CSU's vet school, wish me luck yal. Know anyone who has gotten in on the second try? I feel like its always the third time applying to CSU i see people getting in.
 
I am also wondering if this is the case. Is it just out-of-state applicants? I'm applying in-state and didn't receive ANY information on this KIRA talent assessment upon my application or as of late. Side note, this is my second time applying to CSU's vet school, wish me luck yal. Know anyone who has gotten in on the second try? I feel like its always the third time applying to CSU i see people getting in.
I got in on the second try 🙂
 
so how does CSU rank their applicants? Do they do GPAs and then experiences/LORs or is it just everything? Thank you everyone! I'm so excited hehe
Do not quote me on this but based on the breakdown they provide on the website, GPA is looked at in the beginning if you have a 3.2 and below. You get put in a separate pool for evaluation and you will either be: a) put back in the DVM pool or b) rejected. Some people will hear back with early rejections in October while some don’t until all decisions get released in January ( if you look at previous threads, you’ll find people who had a note in their portal saying they didnt make it past the initial review but weren’t rejected until January). After that, I believe GPA solely isnt considered based on this quote:

“Our holistic evaluation does not use calculated GPAs, nor required minimums for any category.”

Read more here: Application Review Process | CSU DVM Program
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if anyone has already asked this but I just looked at the portal and it states on my checklist they are still awaiting my VMCAS app and LORs. Anyone else’s say this?
IMG_9081.jpeg
 
Sorry if anyone has already asked this but I just looked at the portal and it states on my checklist they are still awaiting my VMCAS app and LORs. Anyone else’s say this? View attachment 410553
It won’t show up until on or after the October 15th deadline, when they do their data freeze. Last year mine populated with check marks on the day of for my application and then two days later for my LORs.
 
after I submitted my CSA, i didn’t receive a confirmation email at all and im out of state. i noticed on my CSU application status page that I have submitted my CSA. did this happen to anyone else not receiving a confirmation email of your CSA?
 
My application portal shows that my VMCAS application and letters of recommendation are still pending ("awaiting" alert shown). I submitted both my application, letters of recommendation, and fees on time. Will this be updated on October 15th to show that these materials have been received?
 
Then there is hope!! Can I ask what your stats and things on your app looked like? I hope this doesn't feel rude i'm just curious if our apps are similar at all. When did you get in? Congrats!! Thank you for this ◡̈
hi! i was a low GPA OOS applicant and CSU was my dream school since forever, so i’m super thankful to be here and happy to share my stats c:

cGPA: 3.11
sGPA: 3.03
last 45: 3.00-ish?
pre-req GPA: 3.5-3.6?

i have a post breaking down my stats in the “Successful Applicants” page: here. i also applied for a dual degree which accepts a cohort of 5 so i really tested my chances haha. i heard back with my decision in late january.

if anyone else has any questions feel free to ask! you can also connect with me on IG: @elisaholdthevet 🐏
 
(or since they’re doing interviews now, until you get an email confirming if you got an interview? not super sure how the interview timeline will work)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the time period that it takes for OOS Waitlist to move up? Hoping I get accepted outright but trying to prepare myself mentally🤣
You can see movement as soon as a day or two after the acceptance deadline (gotta give the admissions office time to process last minute deposits/paperwork/whatever) up until a few days before classes start. That would go for any school, but does vary from year to year for each school.
 
Has anyone’s application been changed to “received” rather than “submitted” yet? I know I may be super early but, they said it would be received on Oct 31st…. Trying not to worry lol
 
Also is the “Application Status” page the same as the “Your Applications” section at the bottom of the CSA page?
These are 2 different things. You should have received an email from CSU titled "Colorado State University DVM Program: Application Reminders". In the email, there is a section titled "VMCAS Material Tracking in CSA Portal," and there is a link to your CSA application status page. If you scroll down on that link, there is an Application Checklist, and it should say received with a green check beside both your VMCAS App and VMCAS LOR. The date will probably be 10/15/2025 for both the app and LOR. The status for "Your Applications" will still say submitted.
 
Hi all, anyone have an idea of when we would hear back for OOS?
hello! we heard back late january of last year, jan 28th i believe. however, i'm not sure if the plan is still to hold interviews for applicants this year (someone mentioned in this thread they got an email about interviews being held on KIRA?) so that may change the timeline
 
Here is what they said: "Colorado State University will be utilizing Kira Talent as a second-tier evaluation tool in this year’s application review process. If your application advances to the second round of review, you will receive a request and additional instructions to complete a Kira Talent Asynchronous Assessment in late 2025."

So if KIRA interviews happen in December, we'll hear pretty soon. If they happen in January, we'll probably hear by the end of December. This is just a guess.
 
I’m nervous because I sent an email regarding a new course eval since my current course didn’t meet their guidelines for a prerequisite, but it was never responded to. Does this mean I’ll be automatically rejected? I love CSU and it’s my dream program so super worried about this rn
how long ago did you email them?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m nervous because I sent an email regarding a new course eval since my current course didn’t meet their guidelines for a prerequisite, but it was never responded to. Does this mean I’ll be automatically rejected? I love CSU and it’s my dream program so super worried about this rn
I also had sent them a message and they never responded. I don’t remember where exactly I found my counselor but I looked up admissions contact info and contacted a specific person I believe. She responded to me within a day or two 🤷🏻‍♀️