CSU 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If we have an offer contingent on completion of a couple of prereqs, can we assume that what we matched in VMCAS satisfies these?
There’s a little blurb in the portal that says they need to match VMCAS reported classes so I’d assume that means you matched the correct class but it’s probably worth asking to confirm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everybody! I am new to using SDN but was hoping for insights and connections! When I click on "view your admissions decision here" in black bold font is says Nonsponsored Alternate. Then on when I first log into my status page, in orange, it tells me I am an alternate for the vet prep program. Is it possible to be waitlisted for both the prep and DVM programs? Or are they considered the same?

I was a community college transfer with a degree in zoology from san diego state, so fingers crossed someone gives me a chance! This is my second cycle applying.
 
Hi everybody! I am new to using SDN but was hoping for insights and connections! When I click on "view your admissions decision here" in black bold font is says Nonsponsored Alternate. Then on when I first log into my status page, in orange, it tells me I am an alternate for the vet prep program. Is it possible to be waitlisted for both the prep and DVM programs? Or are they considered the same?

I was a community college transfer with a degree in zoology from san diego state, so fingers crossed someone gives me a chance! This is my second cycle applying.
yes you can be waitlisted for both!
 
Hi everybody! I am new to using SDN but was hoping for insights and connections! When I click on "view your admissions decision here" in black bold font is says Nonsponsored Alternate. Then on when I first log into my status page, in orange, it tells me I am an alternate for the vet prep program. Is it possible to be waitlisted for both the prep and DVM programs? Or are they considered the same?

I was a community college transfer with a degree in zoology from san diego state, so fingers crossed someone gives me a chance! This is my second cycle applying.
Hi, yes, I was in your similar position: an in state applicant and wait listed for an out of state (non sponsored) alternate seat, it was just updated to a sponsored alternate, and then to a sponsored acceptance. So the lists are moving rather fast already! I think being on the alternate lists means they'll offer you the best seat they can at the time, and then update as better seats open up
 
Hi, yes, I was in your similar position: an in state applicant and wait listed for an out of state (non sponsored) alternate seat, it was just updated to a sponsored alternate, and then to a sponsored acceptance. So the lists are moving rather fast already! I think being on the alternate lists means they'll offer you the best seat they can at the time, and then update as better seats open up
Congrats!!!
 
Hi, yes, I was in your similar position: an in state applicant and wait listed for an out of state (non sponsored) alternate seat, it was just updated to a sponsored alternate, and then to a sponsored acceptance. So the lists are moving rather fast already! I think being on the alternate lists means they'll offer you the best seat they can at the time, and then update as better seats open up
That's awesome! Congrats!! Did you get an email letting you know that there was an update to your application status?
 
If we have an offer contingent on completion of a couple of prereqs, can we assume that what we matched in VMCAS satisfies these?
I don’t know which prereqs they are asking from you, but I know in my case my school did bulk Advanced Placement credit instead of itemizing it on my undergrad so I couldn’t specify that I got credit for AP Stats on my VMCAS. It would be a good idea to email about it based on what they’re asking for.

I contacted them back in August before I submitted my VMCAS and they said they would ask for the credits/transcript when they offer admission/alternate, so in my admission letter, it was noted as a provisional offer. My school had an online tool on the registrar website to generate a Transfer Credit Letter and I had CSU as the email recipient of it. I also emailed CSU admissions to let them know about it and they emailed me back after a few days that they accepted it and updated provisional requirement on my portal.

I would say email is your best bet so you know for sure! Hopefully your school has a streamlined process for sending over credits/transcripts
 
I applied to both Duel degree and vet prep consideration. In the orange text I have the rejection for duel degree but nothing about vet prep. Should I assume it’s also a rejection?
 
I applied to both Duel degree and vet prep consideration. In the orange text I have the rejection for duel degree but nothing about vet prep. Should I assume it’s also a rejection?
If there is nothing in your portal indicating otherwise, it it most likely a rejection for both. You can always email to double check
 
For those with provisional offers, is it super obvious in the letter they sent? I thought I had one more class to complete but I see no notes about it being a provisional offer
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wish I could go to the admitted students day! Unfortunately I have an athletic commitment that weekend. Do you think they'd be open to giving a tour at a later time?
 
Okay I’m going to email admissions… currently taking anatomy because I thought I had to but it does not say anything about that anywhere lol
They've also listed less outstanding prereqs in that email than I thought I still had so I'm confused... just emailed them!
 
Did they respond to you?
Yes, they were super nice when they got back to me today. I was taking anatomy to fulfill the “upper level biomedical” 9 credits they asked for. They told me I had completed all prereqs and dropping anatomy would have no effect on my offer, just that they’d need to know if I changed courses I was enrolled in.
 
I'm a nonsponsored alternate, can anyone tell me the chances of getting off the waitlist? I want to know if I should just accept my seat at a different school, but I would prefer to go to CSU since it would be a cheaper option for me.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a nonsponsored alternate, can anyone tell me the chances of getting off the waitlist? I want to know if I should just accept my seat at a different school, but I would prefer to go to CSU since it would be a cheaper option for me.
I would honestly accept your position at the other school just because you have the deadline of April 15 to decide and you won’t hear back from CSU until after that
 
I'm a nonsponsored alternate, can anyone tell me the chances of getting off the waitlist? I want to know if I should just accept my seat at a different school, but I would prefer to go to CSU since it would be a cheaper option for me.
I was pulled from the alternate list last year (it does move, some years more than others), but I would recommend accepting your other offer for the time being. That’s what I did and I was contacted 8am the morning after decisions were due. I also had accepted another offer which I declined after CSU updated me. I lost the deposit for the other school but CSU doesn’t require one so things evened out.
 
Any waitlisted ppl get a spot yet? Just trying to gauge if anyone is hearing back earlier than that post April 15 date
No I have not yet, I did however get an email response back when I inquired if anyone would be offered a spot any sooner and they replied saying that they generally only begin offering seat after the April 15th deadline and up to the first day of school.
 
I was pulled from both wait-list (no sponsored then sponsored) about 10 days after the original decisions were released. I would expect a gob of seats will be available after the tour in March 6-8, and then a larger chonk of seats mid April.
 
Any accepted Hawai’i WICHE applicants in here that have heard back (funding approval) from the WICHE office? Basically the biggest deciding factor between what program I commit to. I’ve been ghosted at multiple attempts to contact the office...
 
I emailed them expressing my continued interest in both programs, and they said they will most likely be able to start offering alternate spots after April 15. Hope this helps!
 
I emailed them expressing my continued interest in both programs, and they said they will most likely be able to start offering alternate spots after April 15. Hope this helps!
Letters of continued interest don’t really have weight when it comes to waitlist movement. It is either ranked and goes in numerical order or it is unranked and goes based off of type of student. Someone mentioned this in another thread (or FB idk) but if a student with an interest in rural medicine declines their seat, and the waitlist is unranked, they will look for another student who is interested is something similar. Not 100% sure how CSU does it, but it’s well known that letters of continued interest don’t have a factor in waitlist movement (atleast for vet school)
 
Does anyone know if we’re getting fed during this weekend’s events? I know we have a lunch break on Saturday but I’d like to stash a couple snacks in case I get hungry before/after lunch 👀 thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad