CSU-NEOMED Partnership Post-Bacc 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted906592

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I just wanted to make a brand new thread for applicants applying this cycle. Good luck to everyone.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For this program, are students obligated to commit to primary medicine?
Current NEOMED medical student apart of the urban pathway. I suggest the program to those interested in urban primary care as the goal is to produce physicians for underserved areas of Cleveland. Majority of the first two years (outside of science classes) is learning about primary care in Urban health. As a medical student we are placed in urban health/underserved care sites when possible. If this aligns with your goals, you’ll be one happy med student.

Best of luck
 
Current NEOMED medical student apart of the urban pathway. I suggest the program to those interested in urban primary care as the goal is to produce physicians for underserved areas of Cleveland. Majority of the first two years (outside of science classes) is learning about primary care in Urban health. As a medical student we are placed in urban health/underserved care sites when possible. If this aligns with your goals, you’ll be one happy med student.

Best of luck
Thank you.
 
Hi, I just got admitted today to this program and couldn't recall if the GPA requirements were for CSU only or overall completely(like as in undergrad is factored in), could you clarify?
Thanks!

Current NEOMED medical student apart of the urban pathway. I suggest the program to those interested in urban primary care as the goal is to produce physicians for underserved areas of Cleveland. Majority of the first two years (outside of science classes) is learning about primary care in Urban health. As a medical student we are placed in urban health/underserved care sites when possible. If this aligns with your goals, you’ll be one happy med student.

Best of luck
 
Hi, I just got admitted today to this program and couldn't recall if the GPA requirements were for CSU only or overall completely(like as in undergrad is factored in), could you clarify?
Thanks!

Hello!

Congrats, take advantage of the first two years to really explore urban medicine. It’s great to call upon when you’re at NEOMED (studying your brains out, haha it’s still fun though).

It’s both.

While at CSU you must maintain a certain GPA, I believe 3.4 overall and science.

However, they will also calculate your overall and science GPA with all of your previous classes included. I believe the magic number here is 3.4 as well.

Don’t fret though if that scares you, unless it has changed they use retake grades. For example, I got a C- in one of my classes during undergrad. Even though I technically passed I retook the class while at CSU (which I do not regret retaking, truly helped with MCAT). This retake is the grade that was used in my gpa calculation.

Hope this helps! Congrats again, please reach out if you ever have any questions or just want to chat.
 
Hello!

Congrats, take advantage of the first two years to really explore urban medicine. It’s great to call upon when you’re at NEOMED (studying your brains out, haha it’s still fun though).

It’s both.

While at CSU you must maintain a certain GPA, I believe 3.4 overall and science.

However, they will also calculate your overall and science GPA with all of your previous classes included. I believe the magic number here is 3.4 as well.

Don’t fret though if that scares you, unless it has changed they use retake grades. For example, I got a C- in one of my classes during undergrad. Even though I technically passed I retook the class while at CSU (which I do not regret retaking, truly helped with MCAT). This retake is the grade that was used in my gpa calculation.

Hope this helps! Congrats again, please reach out if you ever have any questions or just want to chat.
Hello. Do you mind if I ask you few questions?