CSU New Phased Admissions

Started by CBRGrl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh goodness! This is giving me an irregular heartbeat! Can you say "compulsive e-mail and status page checking?" I guess this will take much of the agony of waiting out of it. At my file review this spring, it was mentioned that they may not be considering fall grades this cycle... I guess this was what she was alluding to! This does leave me scratching me head a little as to whether or not I should take any classes in the fall though. Do you think they will still consider what you are taking even if they don't ever see the grade? Since all of my pre-reqs will be done, I will just be taking classes to make sure I am showing I can still do well in upper level science classes and to be just that much better prepared for vet school. The main reason I don't necessarily want to take anything in the fall is the $$... I am pretty much out of funds to spend on classes🙁. My sister and parents are chipping in to "buy" my a genetics class for my birthday this summer!

I am probably only applying to CSU again this year, and while I am infinitely more hopeful about this year (my application should be considerably stronger with more upper level bio and more experience), it does bring up a good point that if one is rejected that there is more time to work on your application for the following year. Not that I am hoping to go for round three, but I try to be realistic😳.

I'm getting all excited now... bring on the application!
 
Oh goodness! This is giving me an irregular heartbeat! Can you say "compulsive e-mail and status page checking?" I guess this will take much of the agony of waiting out of it. At my file review this spring, it was mentioned that they may not be considering fall grades this cycle... I guess this was what she was alluding to! This does leave me scratching me head a little as to whether or not I should take any classes in the fall though. Do you think they will still consider what you are taking even if they don't ever see the grade? Since all of my pre-reqs will be done, I will just be taking classes to make sure I am showing I can still do well in upper level science classes and to be just that much better prepared for vet school. The main reason I don't necessarily want to take anything in the fall is the $$... I am pretty much out of funds to spend on classes🙁. My sister and parents are chipping in to "buy" my a genetics class for my birthday this summer!


I am probably only applying to CSU again this year, and while I am infinitely more hopeful about this year (my application should be considerably stronger with more upper level bio and more experience), it does bring up a good point that if one is rejected that there is more time to work on your application for the following year. Not that I am hoping to go for round three, but I try to be realistic😳.

I'm getting all excited now... bring on the application!

Hey, PM me and I will get you my genetics notes. If I cannot get in here, at least I can help others. Or at least help them to survive Ready and Stack's class. I also know the t/a's. They are actually pretty good people.

Kai (in case you have not figured out who I am yet. Smile. )
 
wow... i wonder why they are changing it... i hope it works because it is really nice to know before spring if you got in or not (i think only a few schools let you know that early...)

And yay for saving trees on not mailing out all the letters, but that could hurt a little to get a rejection letter through email... hmmm i'm not sure if i like it or not yet...

I guess its just the structure of the app process they are changing... i wonder if they are going to be changing the way they review applications... i think CSU has one of the best ways to review application (not % for GPA, experience, etc., just the 'overall' applicant... )

Oh well, we'll see how it works out. Keeping my fingers crossed for 2014 applicants on SDN!
 
It's how Davis does it. Honestly, I didn't even think twice about it.


Cornell was like that too.....except wait a minute.....I think they send an official letter of rejection after you find out by email though...so I guess it's not the same thing. But I do like the idea of knowing by the fall so you can plan accordingly to improve in time for the next application cycle. This cycle takes way too long and I definitely feel like there's not adequate time to improve between cycles the way they operate now. I figured that out after my first year of applying, so I made sure to get experience throughout my 2nd application cycle that way I would have something to update on and to use for next year if needed.....which low and behold....I AM APPLYING AGAIN!!! AAAAHHH! I am not looking forward to writing in all of the classes you have taken into the VMCAS! :bang::diebanana::bullcrap::annoyed:
 
Cornell just sent an e-mail link to the decision page... no paper rejection letter though, unless I missed something.

At least it was (relatively) early!