CTP "critical error"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

teeeeeef

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
what would be a "critical error" that makes you fail WREB CTP immediately?

I can see allergy sure, but anything else? I could justify pretty much anything medical related to cause morbidity but obviously people don't fail for missing one med...

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think you can fail wreb ctp to be honest. the rumor is that one guy at my school ran out of time and put 10 lidos for a kid and still passed. again its a rumor.

You can definitely fail. I know 3-5 people in my class 4 years ago that failed it the first year it was administered. I do believe all that failed were those that Rx meds that they had full blown allergies to, an easily avoidable mistake.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can definitely fail. I know 3-5 people in my class 4 years ago that failed it the first year it was administered. I do believe all that failed were those that Rx meds that they had full blown allergies to, an easily avoidable mistake.
Do you just retake it and pay the full price if failed? What other things can you fail for?

Do you just retake it and pay the full price if failed? What other things can you fail for?

Well I didnt fail it so I wouldn't know the exact answer from my own personal experience but I would assume you would just waste your money to pay for another registration fee and sign up for another test day. Like I said before, most fails I heard about were from making obvious and dumb mistakes on the exam that caused them to easily fail. Basically, don't Rx somebody something that they say they clearly have an allergy for, don't EXT teeth that have small occlusal caries only, do SRP if they have obvious sub-g calculus all over the crappy radiographs, ect. The exam is very basic, don't stress about it, take it and move on with your life.

Reactions: 1 users
Well I didnt fail it so I wouldn't know the exact answer from my own personal experience but I would assume you would just waste your money to pay for another registration fee and sign up for another test day. Like I said before, most fails I heard about were from making obvious and dumb mistakes on the exam that caused them to easily fail. Basically, don't Rx somebody something that they say they clearly have an allergy for, don't EXT teeth that have small occlusal caries only, do SRP if they have obvious sub-g calculus all over the crappy radiographs, ect. The exam is very basic, don't stress about it, take it and move on with your life.
Thanks for your response. How soon did you receive your results and did it come through email or did you have to search for it online?

Thanks for your response. How soon did you receive your results and did it come through email or did you have to search for it online?

Couple weeks I believe and I was informed via email that score was ready to view on whatever system I signed up thru, WREB itself or something I can't remember exactly.

Hi I’m taking the CTP exam soon, I’m a non practicing foreign dentist who took the Restorative technique exam way back and has decided to go back to the profession after many years so I can’t really depend on my memory here! It’s like starting all over here! I really need advice on what study material to use and how to prepare basically for the test. I do have the Dentin Wreb Dentists book but not if it’s enough and not sure how to study for RX for both lab and Pharma prescriptions.
Thanks in advance