Other OT-Related Information Current Navy Scholar Here to Answer Questions (HPSP and HSCP)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InagStudentCICOM

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a current Navy Collegiate Scholar (HSCP) here to answer any questions you have. I did extensive research into the HPSP as well and have many friends doing it, so I am well versed. I am also prior enlisted with the Army and with the Air Force, so I have lots of insights.

Best (HSCP) here to answer any questions you have. I did extensive research into the HPSP as well and have many friends doing it, so I am well versed. I am also prior enlisted with the Army and with the Air Force, so I have lots of insights.

Best

Members don't see this ad.

Bruh any OT slots open xd.
Hi,

I'm a current Navy Collegiate Scholar (HSCP) here to answer any questions you have. I did extensive research into the HPSP as well and have many friends doing it, so I am well versed. I am also prior enlisted with the Army and with the Air Force, so I have lots of insights.

Best (HSCP) here to answer any questions you have. I did extensive research into the HPSP as well and have many friends doing it, so I am well versed. I am also prior enlisted with the Army and with the Air Force, so I have lots of insights.

Best

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m interested in applying to HPSP and wanted to know if any medical schools don’t favor/show a preference for HPSPS OR NON HPSPS. I’m asking because I want to mention in my essay/interview that I want to serve as a doctor in the navy as it is a part of my story but don’t know if that is a bad idea or alright to do.

Thanks!

I’m interested in applying to HPSP and wanted to know if any medical schools don’t favor/show a preference for HPSPS OR NON HPSPS. I’m asking because I want to mention in my essay/interview that I want to serve as a doctor in the navy as it is a part of my story but don’t know if that is a bad idea or alright to do.

Thanks!

I would recommend against mentioning it, unless it coincides with the schools mission somehow (ex, they care about global missions). Most medical schools want you to stay in the local area and serve the local community, or have another specific mission they want to achieve that is rarely military related.

Hi! I'm waiting to hear back from an OTD program, and I was towing with the idea of practicing in the military once I'm licenced. I wanted to know what the process should be with getting into the military as an OT.

Hi! I'm waiting to hear back from an OTD program, and I was towing with the idea of practicing in the military once I'm licenced. I wanted to know what the process should be with getting into the military as an OT.

As an OT, post graduating, I can't offer much advice. I don't know of any OT's personally that have done that. I know pharmacist, dentists, and doctors. For them, it was a lengthy process, but they were easily able to get in because their jobs are in demand. I'm sure with OT, you'll experience the same. Be prepared to fill out a lot of paperwork, and etc.

Hi,

Best

So I was just invited to interview in Portsmouth on april 23/24 for the clin psych HPSP. I was wondering if you could offer any advice or insight into what kinds of questions to expect. I figure they'll ask why I want to be an officer in the navy. While I am really excited, I admittedly don't know much about military culture, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can before the interview.
Really just any advice about anything related to the HPSP interview would be awesome.
Thank you!