Current/Pre-pharms, how old are you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How old are you, right now?

• 18-19

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • 20-21

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • 22-23

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • 24-25

Votes: 16 14.5%
  • 26-27

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • 28-30

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • 30+

Votes: 15 13.6%
  • How do you convert from dog years again?

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters

jdpharmd?

Turning lead into gold
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please answer if you're a current pharm student, or applying for '04. The world wants to know.
:p

Members don't see this ad.

You're really tryin to stab it in and break it off aren't you jd? ;)

I'm trying to make everyone feel more comfortable, is that a crime?

PS. Tri is old. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
at what age are you considered "old"?

i mean like "non-taditional". i ain't got no traditions. i like my whoppers.

Originally posted by Heyyyyy
at what age are you considered "old"?

I don't think that you can really consider anyone in school "old". I was trying to get some info for people who were concerned that they were older than most of the current student body (the poll). I felt old at Ferris State because I had just come from Michigan State. MSU had grad programs and older students up the wazoo, Ferris had Pharmacy and Optometry only, and even some 2-year degrees. I was only 22, but felt old when surrounded with younger students.

Now I'm a PS-1 at Midwestern, with an average class age of 27 or 28. I was scoping out my class until I realized that 4 of the 7 people that I was sitting with were married. I have a REALLY hard time looking at someone and figuring our how old they are, and that was evident in my class. Just when I thought I could guess, I met a few PS-1's who were 18. I'll never win.

Man, I'm the only one in here who is in the 18-19 age group.

Originally posted by goheel
Man, I'm the only one in here who is in the 18-19 age group.

Props to you. I just started my PS-1 year and there are 18 year-old students in my class. They will gradute, PharmD., when they are 21 years old. Your options are numerous for family, grad school, travel, or whatever you'd like.

Originally posted by jdpharmd?
Props to you. I just started my PS-1 year and there are 18 year-old students in my class. They will gradute, PharmD., when they are 21 years old.

I disagree! when somebody says that i am in pharmacy school and only 18yrs old. They actually mean that they just started the pre-pharmacy curriculum. Even if you enter a 6-year pharmd program, you will have to meet certain requirements before you begin the 3rd year(and only few succeed after the rigorous first 2yrs pre-pharmacy program). So, the average age for 99% of all PharmD graduates who enter pharmacy school straight from high school is 24-25yrs(not 21). Unless, you graduated from high school at the age of 15, then you can earn your pharmd degree at 21yrs old. How many students graduate from high school at 15yrs old? 0.1% or less. So, goheel is just starting his/her first pre-pharmacy year.

I disagree! when somebody says that i am in pharmacy school and only 18yrs old. They actually mean that they just started the pre-pharmacy curriculum....

Actually, I was speaking from experience. I don't know anything about goheel, but there ARE 18 year-old students in my PS-1 class (a 3-year program). Somehow they skipped a few grades, then took mostly community college courses through high school, then took the rest of the pre-reqs over the summer. They WILL graduate PharmD when they're 21 years old (barring extenuating circumstances).

Actually, I was speaking from experience. I don't know anything about goheel, but there ARE 18 year-old students in my PS-1 class (a 3-year program). Somehow they skipped a few grades, then took mostly community college courses through high school, then took the rest of the pre-reqs over the summer. They WILL graduate PharmD when they're 21 years old (barring extenuating circumstances).

wow, that is shocking. they must have been a couple of nerds or genius. I think them skipping a couple of grades in high school or middle school sounds plausible.

I certainly don't think that this is the norm for 6-year programs because 99% of those students are at least 18yrs old when they begin the program.

wow, that is shocking. they must have been a couple of nerds or genius. I think them skipping a couple of grades in high school or middle school sounds plausible.

They're certainly very smart. I would agree that it's FAR from the norm (our ave age is 27 or 28).

Man, those guys must be genius. For me, I'm 18, but I'm just starting pre-pharm this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by goheel
Man, those guys must be genius. For me, I'm 18, but I'm just starting pre-pharm this year.

Gals. :p

Posted by jdpharmd?
PS. Tri is old.

Don't worry Triangulation, I'm that #2 in that catagory. Time for my nap.
-jason

Gals. :p

Those gals must have been taught by really great guys ;)

I'm 23 and will be applying for '05.

I'm a 27 P4 (only 8 months to go...), and looking for one of those P1 18-yo to duct tape to a tree...:)

I couldn't imagine missing out on a few years of high school. Not experiencing ever-changing girlfriends, learning marketing strategies for illegal substances, showing up drunk to AP Bio at 9 AM, getting told I wan't living up to potential, being on the verge of arrested for a made-up weapons possesion charge against you (ever have to explain to a cop what a tire iron is when he's searching your car???), having to tell the truth when another cop pulls you over at 2am (we were looking for a 24-hour donut store), spending the next two hours in the cop car...

Wait. I wish I had skipped those years after all.

They WILL graduate PharmD when they're 21 years old (barring extenuating circumstances). [/B][/QUOTE]

Cheez Louise, barely old enough to shave.

Be humble, very very humble, or the charge nurse will likely threaten to change your nappies. Keep a low profile and prove they can depend on you and they might take you home... you being so cute and all.

On the up side, Walgreens will be holding a pharmacist manager position for these young Doogie Howsers if they can stand the abuse.

Im 21 and I will be applying for 05.

I'm 29, and turning 30 next month. :) Applying for '05.

I'm a 1PD (that's what we call it at my school :D ) and I just turned 22. Congrats to those that are in pharmacy school at 18-19. There was no way that I would have been ready for this courseload then. I'm glad that I got my bachelor's first because it really gave me some time to "learn" how to study. It also was nice to be able to get some partying out of the way :)