Current Temple Peeps!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ussdfiant

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just replied to a post over in pre osteo where the poster claimed that Temple is going to lose its accredidation in April or May. Usually I just ignore this stuff, but the poster is not a troll and so I thought I would see what others have heard. Me personally I have gotten no additional info except the email from Dr. Lamperti letting us know about the probation. Here is the thread.

Members don't see this ad.

For now, I can only assume that there was a misunderstanding and JP's source was talking about the probation, not actual loss of accreditation. The post said "April and May of *this* year", not next.

looks like more he-said-she said stuff from people who don't know.

bleh.

You two nervous at all? Im getting a bit nervous about 2nd yr ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by phllystyl

You two nervous at all? Im getting a bit nervous about 2nd yr ;)

Yup, I'm nervous. To tell you the truth, I am already freaking about the boards! Guess I'll see you both in person in less than a week!

I went to Staples today for school supplies, and it's pretty freaky to think that this will be the last year I'll need to do this. I'm also starting to visualize the pile of notes we're going to be given first day back! :eek: Any scheduling info for Monday besides being in the hospital auditorium at 8? Blackboard isn't showing any M2 courses yet. I'm going back to Philly Saturday evening, and it'll be a major pain getting my apartment back in order before the course load hits...oh well.

btw, please tell me I wasn't the only one who intended to review this summer and totally slacked off. :p I'm definitely going to have to master the M2 material in class so I can do M1 during board review time!

Any last minute coming-first-year tips?

Originally posted by Lara
btw, please tell me I wasn't the only one who intended to review this summer and totally slacked off. :p

No, you are not alone. I had BRS books for histo, biochem,etc all ready to review after my surgery and in the weeks following. I haven't opened them once. I'll be mastering that M2 stuff with ya!

Originally posted by ussdfiant
No, you are not alone. I had BRS books for histo, biochem,etc all ready to review after my surgery and in the weeks following. I haven't opened them once. I'll be mastering that M2 stuff with ya!

don't even worry about not reviewing that stuff. you'll get 2 histo questions on your test (MAYBE), and the biochem that you would have liked to cram back into your brain this summer will have quickly disappeared by june 2004. you'll have plenty of time to review it after 2nd year exams, and if you are worried that you won't have enough time, review biochem and physio over xmas or spring break (and maybe neuro.)

I still owe you a book list of things I'm selling...I need a few more days. ;)

Back to your original topic, I'll be so relieved in November when this probation gets resolved (fingers crossed). I'm getting sick of defending a school that I KNOW is good to people who have just heard rumors.

Thanks for the reassurance kcrd, although I will feel better when the new First Aid comes out so I can flip through it and get an idea of what to expect. I look forward to that book list!

I have been carrying Chung (BRS Gross) in my backpack for 4 weeks now. I have opened it a total of 0 times. I, too, planned to review everything this summer ;)

Atleast we have KCRD to calm us down hahaha.

I know nothing about scheduling. I wish tehy would post the word doc that is the syllabus on blackboard so we could peruse it.

Anyone start buying books? Ive been price shopping the big robbins.. pretty pricey! Still havent gotten a chance to hit up Jeff's bookstore yet though, they tend to have the best prices around (10% off list on everything).

Last year I made the mistake of buying books I never opened aka the Haines atlas for neuro. I am waiting until at least the first day of school to buy anything so I can see what the book lists look like (plus I am waiting for the loan money to be disbursed). With that said, I am still on the lookout for a cheap Robbins because I know I will need that.