Current was at around 65% UWORLD now last 3 in 50% range. What to think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

phagocytosis41

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Hey all current MS2 here taking USMLE end of May along with COMLEX around the same time. I started UWORLD few months ago around the 40% range rose to about 50% then 65% which stayed around 65 for about 10 days then last 3 days 50% (50, 55, 50). Little concerned about what to think because I was excited about the 60s and hoping it would go to a 70 now it is slowly declining to a 50.

I know i am just suppose to learn from UWORLD, which is what I really am trying to do, but I am getting discouraged. I will do the NBMEs and forms to have a better idea where i am but what should I think about these recent grades? Kinda disappointed because first I was getting 60s last 10 times then these couple of 50s really discouraged me.

Members don't see this ad.

There's a good amount of fluctuation day to day as the random questions picked are things I don't know well. I've gone from 85% to 45% in a week. Don't let it get you down.

Reactions: 1 user
My scores kinda fluctuate too. But getting low percentages is a good thing. It means you are finding weak spots in your knowledge, which is the whole point of UWorld.

Your % correct doesn't technically mean anything past "100% - % correct = % of things you need to study more before your board exams."

There's a good amount of fluctuation day to day as the random questions picked are things I don't know well. I've gone from 85% to 45% in a week. Don't let it get you down.
t
thanks.. is just my average is hovering now around a 55. it was a 60-65 for several days. just don't know. i'm continuously working on what i'm weak on.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
55% is not bad, but it's probably on a fence of not passing, especially if on exam you get couple topics that you are weak at. With 10 days left to exam postpone IMHO. Let's be honest less vacation time is not as bad as failing exam.

there are 67~ blocks of 40 questions in uworld. There is bound to be variation in your scores based on the luck of the draw. You shouldnt be drawing any conclusions based on 3 blocks out of 67.