Cusp of trad & non- trad

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

smiles0128

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So here is my situation;

I graduated undergrad with a Bio major. I took the DAT once did poorly. Took it again and improved to an avg score of 18, but math was a 14 so need to retake b/c of that and 18 is just avg. Unfortunately, under the advisement and pressure of my family I applied with the scores and was obviously rejected, plus my application was late in the cycle.

So instead I began my masters in public health which I should be finishing next year. I am studying for my re- take and have applied for the current application cycle, nice and early. I am terrified that I will eff up my DAT and not get again. Lets face it this is my last chance pretty much. I spoke with an admissions counselor at NYU and they said in short I need to raise my chem and orgo to a 20 to math my bio.

In the event I don't, I have begun considering international dental schools. And am looking for advice, thoughts, and any information anyone may have. I know it's not that same as those who go to the Caribbean for med school. Thanks for your time!
 
I would really recommend that you post this in either the pre-dent, dental student or DAT forums if you're looking for advice. Though this is the "non-trad" forum, very few of the people who post here regularly are going to have much advice for a pre-dental student, and even less useful advice on how to approach international dental schools.